The Red Centre Oz just a few more.

Aussieflyer38

11 hours ago, paulb said:

Nice shots Don :). Ayers Rock is a good reminder of the real evolution of this planet.

Thanks Paul, with the way things are these days, I think we need a few reminders, we might well finish up back there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Splendid images of Ayres Rock Don.

I can see The Olgas in the background, have you looked at them yet?:)

Thanks  Martyn. The Olgas, not since P3D and that was a fair way back. I'll have to do it again soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Some Mars-velous looking images here Don :) Hope you got your wheels safely back down onto the ground after the avionics went down ;) 

Thanks Landon, I'll pardon the pun:D. I've now discovered the avionics thing happens every time I do a quickie start (ctrl+e) Bit of a pain if you just want to have a quick flight and not go through the C&D procedure. But it is what it is - as they say.:)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

Very nice shots Don.

It's a rock you never get tired of looking at.:)

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, have to be from a distance now that the aborigines have lowered the boom on the tourists trekking over it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Gumby, have to be from a distance now that the aborigines have lowered the boom on the tourists trekking over it.

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yes I can imagine the amount of damage a person could do

walking on a rock that size.:huh: 

I give up.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Well, you can look from above if you take a flight - as you did.

And you can still get close and touch it. Plus, I can´t see that route is a nice one for trekking (picture taken 1 month before closing):

8delUyE.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 3:39 AM, Stillwater said:

Well, you can look from above if you take a flight - as you did.

And you can still get close and touch it. Plus, I can´t see that route is a nice one for trekking (picture taken 1 month before closing):

8delUyE.jpg

I don't quite get it Gerold, why not just limit the amount of tourists, not shut it down completely, and the original press release never said anything about safety. Go figure 

• Like 1