Requested by Don

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Great stuff Jack! It looks to be quite the beautiful location and nice work flying under that iconic bridge. Now, where is the 747 under bridge flight ;) 

Thanks Landon.  I would but I almost have contempt for the default planes in this sim, they're in my opinion, horrific.  So far the only thing I'm using is the 737 and the C310.  Everything else is mostly eye candy with hardly any functionality.  

Besides the Arrow do you know of any other very high quality planes like these?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon.  I would but I almost have contempt for the default planes in this sim, they're in my opinion, horrific.  So far the only thing I'm using is the 737 and the C310.  Everything else is mostly eye candy with hardly any functionality.  

I totally get you as far as the default planes go Jack. Given, they are MUCH better then default aircraft from past sims, but they are not much fun to fly IF you enjoy more complex modeled aircraft like the PMDG 737's and the MilViz 310. And yes, the Just Flight Arrows are good as we discussed, but here are a few others that I think you, Jack, would really like.

For the first one, you will have to get past the fact that it is an Airbus (I had to), but the Fenix A320-200 is arguably the best aircraft release for MSFS thus far in the airline category. It's the whole package. The systems are modeled as well as PMDG aircraft, the graphics are as good and better in places then the PMDG aircraft in MSFS, and the performance is similar. What sets it apart beside the awesome system fidelity, is the superb EFB that is a part of it. It does everything. Loads you Simbrief flightplan, displays your Navigraph charts, loads cargo, fuel and passengers, has a takeoff and landing performance calculator built in, weather reports...I could go on. There is a YouTuber, 320simpilot, that has some excellent Fenix A320 videos. 

The second recommendation is almost as interesting, but is totally under recognized in my opinion. And that one is the Just Flight BAe 146. It is equally remarkable, but a little older and has a mix of modern day electronics and steam gauges. Tons of system fidelity going on with this one, and it can get into and out of some very small, challenging airfields. Plus, it is a joy to hand fly! 

Check those out Jack, and really consider them, especially the Fenix. 

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I totally get you as far as the default planes go Jack. Given, they are MUCH better then default aircraft from past sims, but they are not much fun to fly IF you enjoy more complex modeled aircraft like the PMDG 737's and the MilViz 310. And yes, the Just Flight Arrows are good as we discussed, but here are a few others that I think you, Jack, would really like.

For the first one, you will have to get past the fact that it is an Airbus (I had to), but the Fenix A320-200 is arguably the best aircraft release for MSFS thus far in the airline category. It's the whole package. The systems are modeled as well as PMDG aircraft, the graphics are as good and better in places then the PMDG aircraft in MSFS, and the performance is similar. What sets it apart beside the awesome system fidelity, is the superb EFB that is a part of it. It does everything. Loads you Simbrief flightplan, displays your Navigraph charts, loads cargo, fuel and passengers, has a takeoff and landing performance calculator built in, weather reports...I could go on. There is a YouTuber, 320simpilot, that has some excellent Fenix A320 videos. 

The second recommendation is almost as interesting, but is totally under recognized in my opinion. And that one is the Just Flight BAe 146. It is equally remarkable, but a little older and has a mix of modern day electronics and steam gauges. Tons of system fidelity going on with this one, and it can get into and out of some very small, challenging airfields. Plus, it is a joy to hand fly! 

Check those out Jack, and really consider them, especially the Fenix. 

Cheers!

Thanks Landon.  I used to fly the heck out of both the Aerosoft and the other Airbus in P3D, I mean it was constant so I know it really well.  I’ll give it a look.  Is it pay ware?

I’ll look at the “mini 747” as I used to call the 146 back in the day.

Much appreciated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I’ll give it a look.  Is it pay ware?

Yes Jack, the Fenix A320 is payware. Fenix is a new developer for MSFS that came out of nowhere. When they first said what their plan was for an A320 in MSFS, lots of folks didn't believe they could pull it off since they were so new. But they did and more! They had several, not just one or two, current real world A320 pilots on the alpha and beta teams. The Fenix A320 is around $50 roughly. Plus, they are very actively supporting it since it's release. Since you have familiarity with the Airbus family already, then it should be a much easier transition than it was for me. I had never touched or sat in an Airbus cockpit before, but now I love this plane as much as the PMDG 737. :) 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Yes Jack, the Fenix A320 is payware. Fenix is a new developer for MSFS that came out of nowhere. When they first said what their plan was for an A320 in MSFS, lots of folks didn't believe they could pull it off since they were so new. But they did and more! They had several, not just one or two, current real world A320 pilots on the alpha and beta teams. The Fenix A320 is around $50 roughly. Plus, they are very actively supporting it since it's release. Since you have familiarity with the Airbus family already, then it should be a much easier transition than it was for me. I had never touched or sat in an Airbus cockpit before, but now I love this plane as much as the PMDG 737. :) 

I haven't tried it, But I understand that the FlyByWire A32NX is both free and a 'serious' sim.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, paulb said:

I haven't tried it, But I understand that the FlyByWire A32NX is both free and a 'serious' sim.

All credit to the FlyByWire A32NX, as it is indeed freeware and excellent at that. It is up there as far as complex aircraft simulations go, and it is continually being updated. Before the Fenix A320 and PMDG 737 was released, the FBW A32NX was pretty much it for complex airline options in MSFS, so it has gained a loyal and large user base. For me, I prefer the additional polish and options that come with the Fenix A320 and I also think the graphical details are just better. But, for freeware, the FBW 320NX is darn good and I don't want to take anything away from the team that has been developing it. Overall, for me, I am not a very big freeware aircraft user. I appreciate all the work that freeware aircraft developers do, but they just have never done it for me. To each their own though. I know there are many simmers out there that love their freeware :) 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Nice one Jack, couldn't resist the challenge, great pics, and I think you took the tip of the sail off that boat in pic #7:D, thanks for posting these.

Don 

Thanks Don, glad you liked my silly and unconventional flying.  I get to do things in the sim I’d love to do in real but they won’t let me. :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Jack - it is good to see how much you seem to be enjoying MS 2020 - but no bridges in Melbourne to fly under - and your 310 will not be 

be giving you a good appreciation of the Orbx quality.

Maybe you might take a look at the freeware H135 chopper for a change which is easy to learn and better for sightseeing  

You ask about any other quality Aircraft - I suggest the recent Flysimware Cessna 414 AW that has just come out of Beta and is considered

to be as good if not better - studywise - than the 310 - and full of steam gauges :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Jack - it is good to see how much you seem to be enjoying MS 2020 - but no bridges in Melbourne to fly under - and your 310 will not be 

be giving you a good appreciation of the Orbx quality.

Maybe you might take a look at the freeware H135 chopper for a change which is easy to learn and better for sightseeing  

You ask about any other quality Aircraft - I suggest the recent Flysimware Cessna 414 AW that has just come out of Beta and is considered

to be as good if not better - studywise - than the 310 - and full of steam gauges :)

Thanks for this John, I’ll give it a look later as I’m playing a PS5 game called Stray right now.  It’s cool, you play as a cat.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I would but I almost have contempt for the default planes in this sim, they're in my opinion, horrific

Very nice views Jack, great shots. :) I think in MSFS the default Cessna 152 is the best, the 172 steam gauges is ok 

and the Bonanza is not bad, a bit overpowered though. The little DA 20 is ok and I have a Citation CJ4 by Asobo which also works.   

• Like 2

Outstanding shots, Jack, looking perfect.

What I also like is your statement re the sims performance, very interesting.

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

All credit to the FlyByWire A32NX, as it is indeed freeware and excellent at that. It is up there as far as complex aircraft simulations go, and it is continually being updated. Before the Fenix A320 and PMDG 737 was released, the FBW A32NX was pretty much it for complex airline options in MSFS, so it has gained a loyal and large user base. For me, I prefer the additional polish and options that come with the Fenix A320 and I also think the graphical details are just better. But, for freeware, the FBW 320NX is darn good and I don't want to take anything away from the team that has been developing it. Overall, for me, I am not a very big freeware aircraft user. I appreciate all the work that freeware aircraft developers do, but they just have never done it for me. To each their own though. I know there are many simmers out there that love their freeware :) 

... and: Many thanks for your decent hints, Landon. I share your intentions, so these words weigh.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Very nice views Jack, great shots. :) I think in MSFS the default Cessna 152 is the best, the 172 steam gauges is ok 

and the Bonanza is not bad, a bit overpowered though. The little DA 20 is ok and I have a Citation CJ4 by Asobo which also works.   

Thanks Andreas.  I have yet to test them all out, some look fun like the F-18.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Outstanding shots, Jack, looking perfect.

What I also like is your statement re the sims performance, very interesting.

... and: Many thanks for your decent hints, Landon. I share your intentions, so these words weigh.

Thanks Gerold.  Even over intense scenery like this with the PMDG it’s still smooth and fluid, very much different and enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wain71 said:

superb set of shots there Jack, great scenery....agree with all what Landon said about the addons....

Thanks Wayne.  I’m going to use the drone or a chopper over this area soon.  The possibilities are now unlimited.

• Like 2