This Week's Meaningless Topic (#101)(Aug. 12)

Hi all. It is often said that variety is the spice of  life. With that in mind, we have asked Gumbypickett, our favorite Tasmanian, to be our guest theme presenter this week. After long and arduous labor, he came up with a fine topic. With that, we offer...

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC (courtesy of Gumbypickett):  Forrest Gump said life is like a box of chocolates. What kinds of chocolate would best describe your life?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Well, Gumby, taking you literally but answering metaphorically, I think my box looks like this...

30% dark bittersweet chocolate.

30% chocolate-covered mixed-nut clusters.

20% chocolate-covered vanilla-creme drops.

10% Grandma's chocolate fudge.

10% chocolate-flavored laxatives.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I like "Dark Chocolate," sometimes described as "bittersweet.". I guess that describes life in a nutshell.  But all in all, I would say that in spite of some bitterness, which can't be avoided, I've been largely blessed with the sweet.  Ironically (I guess) I don't like sweet chocolate at all.  So called "Milk Chocolate" is an abomination to my taste.  

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My life has been full of some major ups and downs, challenges, life altering events and many learning experiences. I would say Rocky Road, as it has been bumpy much of the time, but always ends up tasting good, but then that is ice cream, not chocolates (mmmm, ice cream...yummy!).

So, I will go with a box of mixed chocolates with an assortment of nuts in them. That's about as close as I can get :) 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

Well I guess mine would be a nut covered in chocolate.:D

cheers

Gumby

To paraphrase Julius Caesar (via "Asterix & Obelix) "No Commentary."

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

In Oz we have a chilly flavoured dark chocolate - bitter sweet that has a pleasant hot tingle after taste = my life :)

Cheers

Graeme :)

ps it's nice with a glass of red.

Edited by boetie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1