Believe it or not.

VH-KDK

Orbx Content: True Earth Great Britiain South, EGTF Fairoaks.

Flying along the A3 London to Portsmouth road in the Surrey countryside. The old Vickers test facility at Wisley can be seen by the port wing with Woking and West Byfleet by the starboard wing. Follow the stbd wing to the edge of the image and you can see McLaren Technology Centre and of course Orbx EGTF Fairoaks.

VJDZtcj.jpg

Directly below the Cherokee is the village of Ripley which dates back to Norman times. There are many listed buildings here including the Old Pharmacy where penicillin was produced for the first time in 1944. H.G.Wells mentioned Ripley in War of the Worlds and The Wheels of Chance and the Sherlock Holmes short, The Naval Treaty was set here.

A guitarist you may have heard of called Eric Clapton was born here in 1945.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shot and rather a lot of info there Martyn....

Thanks Wayne, I could have written even more such as the 2012 Olympics road races passed through Ripley but I won't mention it.:)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shot and information there Martyn :)

I drove through Ripley many years ago. A charming village.

Thanks Paul. There were so many beautiful villages in the area, I hope it hasn't changed too much.:unsure:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A very nice image Martyn, with some very interesting historical flavor added. I also really like that livery! :) 

Landon

Thanks Landon. I like the 60's colours on the Cherokee too. Memories of times!:)

Indeed, a lot of history in the area too.

Nice shot Martyn. There's a place on the Goldcoast called Ripley's Believe it or Not, that has all sorts of weird stuff on  display. I've never been there so I don't know exactly what they have on display. That concludes my useless information for today.:D

Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1