This Week's Meaningless Topic (#93)(June 18)

Hi all. The modern world provides all sorts of opportunities to feel despondent: political nonsense, military conflict, unnecessary famine, vicious internet trolling. It all adds up to a rather constant oppressive weight. So thank goodness for that which lightens things up a bit for us, people, animals, events that make us laugh. This week, let's celebrate the moments of grace that help us stay sane.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  this past week, what or who made you laugh? (For me, it's my wife. For our entire forty-six-year marriage, she has gifted me with wholesome laughter every single day, even on the heaviest days.)

• Like 7

Well I would have to say my kids who are all in

their mid to late twenties and my Grandson who will be

5 on Wednesday. They all share a good sense of humour

which I love. I've had my Grandson staying all week and he has 

let out some rippers.:unsure: Thank God he goes back home tonight.

cheers

Gumby

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

I go into the same categories like you: My wife and our kids (also in the twenties). We find so many occasions to laugh, to remember jokes and to create new ones. I should not forget our cat and her unstoppable creativity.

And as long as you find the majority of people that you meet share your opinions of the world, it helps a lot to digest the struggles of today (and I have met many people from many countries during the last week).

• Upvote 4

All my children, who are in their low to high 40s (how did that happen :blink:), and their offspring, who are sometimes more mature than their parents, never fail to keep me entertained on a weekly basis :D AND for the last week, as a counterpoint, I've been binge watching the original Downton Abbey (having seen them all with my late wife when they first came out) just for the sheer enjoyment of hearing the English language used in a proper and most skillful way - one of the advantages of increasing age I've found is not being able to remember many of the TV shows and movies I've watched over the years :lol: my wife was terribly distracting :wub:

Edited by TerribleT
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

I will have to say my neighbors and my cat. I have some really fun and social folks all around my home and we love to hang out every few days and have some fun talks and jokes. And then there is my cat. He gives me giggles each and every day, doing something that is always surprising. :) 

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

As my wife and her family over here are as funny as an outbreak of Cholera:o, I get my laughs from English comedy from the 50s to 90s. I have many comedy DVDs that  I enjoy watching as well as hours of entertainment from You Tube.:lol: 

• Haha 4