Just bought a new Barbecue.

Our old one had just about had it. Do not know if you have heard of The Range out in America but they are a big Store here. Well I tell trying to put it all together, what with my glasses kept falling off, it was something like Laurel and Hardy here this Morning. Of course you have different size screws for all the parts. I thought I had a missing part and then spotted it at one end of the  Barbecue so I took it off. Then realised it had to go there anyway. :wacko:. Then I banged my little finger with a hammer which is not good as it started to bleed as I’m on Blood thinners for life. But it stopped after awhile so okay there , then the missus had a go with I kept telling you to ware gloves all the your going handy work. So that’s been my Morning. Thanks Derek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I actually love putting new things together. I am the one guy that will sit down and read the entire manual for a new vehicle. The other day I got a new waffle maker. Nothing fancy, just a basic $20 job from Amazon. I still spent about 20 minutes looking over the instructions to ensure I was going to use it exactly as instructed. If I was putting together your new BBQ, I would have meticulously laid out all the parts, separated and identified all the hardware, laid out the proper tools as per the instructions, and then, with a fresh cup of coffee, begin to assemble. I am very OCD like that :D

Landon

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick Cox said:

The thing is Landon there are a lot of people out there, me included, who get stuck into the assembly thing with the attitude of if all else fails RTFM.

Oh, I fully understand that Patrick. My comment was not meant to be sarcastic. All I mean is that I am so OCD that I have to read the manual...for any and everything. If there was a manual for opening a bottle of beer, I would read it just to ensure I wasn't missing some hidden step ;) I read manuals....not at all saying everyone else should. Hope that makes sense. :) 

Landon

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I actually love putting new things together. I am the one guy that will sit down and read the entire manual for a new vehicle. The other day I got a new waffle maker. Nothing fancy, just a basic $20 job from Amazon. I still spent about 20 minutes looking over the instructions to ensure I was going to use it exactly as instructed. If I was putting together your new BBQ, I would have meticulously laid out all the parts, separated and identified all the hardware, laid out the proper tools as per the instructions, and then, with a fresh cup of coffee, begin to assemble. I am very OCD like that :D

Landon

I do the same and always get a bit of stick, reading the manual does work though...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Our old one had just about had it. Do not know if you have heard of The Range out in America but they are a big Store here. Well I tell trying to put it all together, what with my glasses kept falling off, it was something like Laurel and Hardy here this Morning. Of course you have different size screws for all the parts. I thought I had a missing part and then spotted it at one end of the  Barbecue so I took it off. Then realised it had to go there anyway. :wacko:. Then I banged my little finger with a hammer which is not good as it started to bleed as I’m on Blood thinners for life. But it stopped after awhile so okay there , then the missus had a go with I kept telling you to ware gloves all the your going handy work. So that’s been my Morning. Thanks Derek.

I hope it was worth the effort in the end Derek...

• Like 4

Hi Guys. Yes I’m getting my son to come round as soon as he finishes work to finish it off. He is a Postman and he works a lot of hours bless him. Tell you what my little finger on my left hand is real sore this morning after waking it with a hammer. :lol: Thanks Derek.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hooray nearly done, the Barbecue that is. My Son could not help as he a knackered leg . It’s all swollen or something, plus he had to put up with a phone call. They would not see him for some reason. What is the world coming too. Anyway I should be finished tomorrow with a bit of luck. Thanks Derek.  :lol:.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2022 at 12:34 AM, flyingfish55 said:

I read the instructions from cover to cover on discovering the lone screw sitting in the box AFTER completion of the build.

You realize they throw in a few extras just to make sure you stay confused, right?   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Yea all done. The Barbecue that is. Finished it this morning and as somebody said I had one screw left. Don’t think it will be as good as our old one, but hey you get what you paid for. It will do for now, so let’s hope we get some decent weather. It’s got two burners in the middle and one to the left hand side, plus a small hot plate on the right hand side. If it lasts a few years it will do me. Thanks Derek.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

no, put those legs away, I remember snow for easter a few years back and British Superbike was cancelled....I've had it with dark mornings and nights just want some warm weeks...

we need a new BBQ for the caravan, not sure to go charcoal or gas though, I've always avoided gas...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

no, put those legs away, I remember snow for easter a few years back and British Superbike was cancelled....I've had it with dark mornings and nights just want some warm weeks...

we need a new BBQ for the caravan, not sure to go charcoal or gas though, I've always avoided gas...

I was always a charcoal dude, and then I tried gas for about one season, and now I have been back to charcoal since then. Food just tastes better in my opinion :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/26/2022 at 3:10 PM, Sniper31 said:

I was always a charcoal dude, and then I tried gas for about one season, and now I have been back to charcoal since then. Food just tastes better in my opinion :) 

yeah I do agree with that, however I need to persuade the boss, she seems to think as gas will be quicker it'll be better...I think good things are worth waiting for...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wain71 said:

yeah I do agree with that, however I need to persuade the boss, she seems to think as gas will be quicker it'll be better...I think good things are worth waiting for...

Gas is quicker, so what I do as a charcoal guy is make sure I plan ahead and also try and track cooking times so I have that information the next go round. Not an exact science by any means, but it works for me. For example, I know that for my normal process, I need a 4x4 briquet pyramid of charcoal, and it will take 45 minutes to properly warm up where I live, at 6000 feet above sea level. So, If I know that I want to start cooking my dinner on the bbq, at say 1700, then I start my charcoal prep process about 50 minutes earlier. I also have a nice tray that I can lay out all my bbq tools and sauces on so that is all prepped ahead of time, while the charcoal is warming up. A little OCD? Maybe :D But, it works for me B) The 45 minute charcoal heat up time is also a good time for some beers and socializing :) 

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Gas is quicker, so what I do as a charcoal guy is make sure I plan ahead and also try and track cooking times so I have that information the next go round. Not an exact science by any means, but it works for me. For example, I know that for my normal process, I need a 4x4 briquet pyramid of charcoal, and it will take 45 minutes to properly warm up where I live, at 6000 feet above sea level. So, If I know that I want to start cooking my dinner on the bbq, at say 1700, then I start my charcoal prep process about 50 minutes earlier. I also have a nice tray that I can lay out all my bbq tools and sauces on so that is all prepped ahead of time, while the charcoal is warming up. A little OCD? Maybe :D But, it works for me B) The 45 minute charcoal heat up time is also a good time for some beers and socializing :) 

Cheers!

Landon

you know I am not sure about OCD, I blame it on a thing we had in the military.....

The 7 P's.....

Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance......

something I still use and quote today- my girls have actually been heard to quote it to their partners.....I do get some stick though from those that just go at everything winging it, and sometimes falling very short of the mark....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wain71 said:

The 7 P's.....

Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance......

Lol...yup, that is where I get it for sure....I did not know if the UK military used the 7 P's or not. But, yes, it is that for sure :) 

Landon 

• Like 5