Introducing Cityscape Sydney for P3Dv4+

This is a must-have for P3D simmers

Yes... yes, it is!

Quick question:
What are 'CityEngine' buildings and are they different from the usual Buildings HD / TrueEarth buildings autogen in order to preserve performance?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, F737NG said:

What are 'CityEngine' buildings and are they different from the usual Buildings HD / TrueEarth buildings autogen in order to preserve performance?

Hi there, CityEngine refers to the way the buildings have been generated, using Esri CityEngine as a basis (and further processing in other programs). It is a mix of generic buildings, which share only a few textures for performance reasons (like with autogen), and individual design via custom rules and 3D editing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mitch’s Aviation said:

Does the cityscape improve performance from default AUSV2?

In short and to be honest, no. It just wouldn't be fair to say that. But the challenge here was not to increase performance, but to include as many details as possible and still make the scenery flyable and enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello John,

not yet, it's still downloading all 29+ GB.

I'll let you know but I see no reason for a few tweaks to affect this kind on scenery.

MMMM ????- if still downloading - how did you give the earlier answer :D

You gave me hiccups 29+ - and 20GB yesterday for Mesh (x4:rolleyes:) good job I have a good supplier

and you are having first bite since its not on Central yet

I cleared away all V5 as you suggested - but delayed the install - until after the first hotfix - so good guess I made

will start the download tomorrow ready for Sydney to join Brisbane when Central loads it

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello John,

I am pleased to report that the Cityscape works just as well in the latest hotfix as it did in V5.3.

is there a update to 5.3? uninstalled here as I had so many CTD's, missed it if it was, using 4.5 at the minute...

2 hours ago, wain71 said:

is there a update to 5.3? uninstalled here as I had so many CTD's, missed it if it was, using 4.5 at the minute...

Straight from the first news item on the Prepar3D website:

The Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1 (5.3.15.28130) is now available and can be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.

The Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1 contains resolutions for high priority issues identified after the Prepar3D v5.3 release.

Some performance improvement has been noted by a few people over on the Avsim forums.

• Thanks 1