This Week's Meaningless Topic (#15) (Dec 19)

Hi all. As we enter Christmas Week, our topic celebrates the season.

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  What is Santa bringing you this year?  (1) Sugar plums and peppermint sticks.

(2) Coal, and a lot of it.

(3) A joint replacement.

(4) A new Covid mask with LED lights that cycle colors.

(5) A pox on my enemies.

(6) Socks and underpants.

(7) A break from Pettichord's Meaningless Topics.

someone asked me sometime ago ( What is santa bringing you this year, )  I replied  an apple, a pear, & an orange.  she then said  " What no nuts"?

I replied He better had, because I have worked mine off me this year.

Merry xmas & stay safe.

regards.

#6 really rings a bell - passing age eighty it becomes abundantly clear that, if your feet ain't warm, the rest is in trouble.  With that in mind I've been perusing the web for the ideal bed socks.  Found some in Russia - while not overly pretty they provide heavy duty warmth and I love 'em.

24 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

family contact with love and affection

... and this is exactly what is forbidden now in my country. Having 3 daughters that live on their own (even with boyfriends) we can not meet with them all - not even thinking of visiting my parents (that is impossible). Our country has waited too long with virus-restrictive measures.

Hmmmm let'see what is on Rodger's list:

1. Nope diabetic

2. Nope heat with heat pumps and propane

3. Got the right hip done 6 years ago

4. Got most "you can breath with this Mask" available

5. I wish this pox (Covid) on no one

6. Maybe as I do not wear ties anymore.

7. I like Rodgers weekly fun topics

Most important that my family stay healthy and happy. Bring on the vaccine!

Greg

Echo you Flyingleaf for 2021.  

You know what surprises me is that there hasn't been more criticism of China.  The whole problem started from their experimental laboratory in Bhutan yet not a word of blame from our leaders.  I'm not saying they intended it but lets face it, it was bloody careless of that silly scientist who wandered around the town after working in that environment.

:unsure: Wonder how much of this is going to get past eagle eyes ?!:rollmyeyes:

Hello John,

none of it.

Everyone who is interested has their own theory and the fact that there 

"hasn't been more criticism of China" may well be that the facts do not

necessarily support your belief.

However, this is not a political discussion forum and in fact, the rules do not allow it.

Posts containing religious, political, sexual, discriminatory, or otherwise controversial/offensive content are not allowed and will result in an instant ban.

I must say, I like the idea of Rodger's topics and have no desire to moderate them,

though it remains my job to make sure that the rules are not broken.

Should be number 3, right knee.  But elective surgery is being deferred, and even if it weren't, I don't think I would want to be in the hospital at this point. Besides, had the left one done last year, and it was not a great success.  Still painful.

But I'll settle for 2, if I can trade the coal for a cord of firewood.  Oil prices are still fairly low, but wood is still cheaper.

But I'll join the chorus asking Santa for the vaccine, the end of the pandemic, and a return to a more normal life.  

Archived