Sydney in a special plane

bernd1151

I think those two are a perfect fit: Cityscape Sydney by Orbx and the good old Goose Redux by the former Oz team, which I was able to port over to MSFS. The only drawback: as the gauges were not modeled in 3D, they don’t show up and I’m not smart enough to redo them. But otherwise the Goose flies quite well.

“Parked” here at The Rocks parallel to Circular Quay West and George Street

X2fZP4j.jpg

The location offers a great view of both, Harbour Bridge and Opera House

0krY4Z5.jpg

Ok, let’s go flying

cbHLhUS.jpg

mSbsqSa.jpg

Oh well, you know the drill: if it’s yellow and if there is a bridge…

BLyLARW.jpg

0nknL6P.jpg

omJ6QI7.jpg

nGHPm1y.jpg

3FFIHF9.jpg

There is one more thing, I really like to check out. Past Robertons Point, I head into Mosman Bay

USCnMQB.jpg

uLQoIPs.jpg

And there it is, my favourite watering hole in Sydney: Mosman Rowers. You need to be a member to be allowed to enter it. Luckily, the Aussies have been quite creative in this respect. You enter the place, fill out a short application and membership is granted with you signing this card. Then you pass through the place and enter the open deck; you order a dozen oysters together with a decent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. You just sit there with your friends, let the sun slowly set and enjoy the fantastic surroundings.

MKiG31F.jpg

7FnCv45.jpg

Just make sure, you fetch the last ferry that brings you back to Circular Quay :):)

j2bwmUm.jpg

16 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Bernd, these shots gave me “Goosebumps”! :D   Grand set!

Hahaha, "Goosebumbs" is the right word, thanks Roger

16 hours ago, Dario said:

Magnific shots, Bernard! They show really well the splendid level of detail of MSFS+Orbx Sydney... 

Many thanks, Dario. Have you received your commission yet? :D:D

15 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Very nice shots Bernd (+ great information on Mosman Rowers). I had never thought the old Goose would look that good in MSFS. :)

Thanks a lot, Frank, especially for this wonderful scenery!! I have ported by now quite a few free- and payware planes over to MSFS. Quite a few of them look actually better in MSFS than in FSX/P3D, especially their VCs

15 hours ago, BradB said:

Amazing shots Bernd , I can just picture you and Gerold ( Stillwater) out on the deck swapping stories 

of your travel’s of OZ . :):D

Many thanks, John. But you should join us, drinks are on me :)

14 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Great set Bernd.

TTM

Thanks a lot, TTM

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Top-notch shots Bernd! :)

I'm glad you like them, Adam

As others stated before me...hard to believe this is a simulator.  I do have an important question...the in-sim Icon 5's water rudder does no longer properly interact (or the water..no longer properly interacts) for the purpose of controlling the direction of the aircraft on the water.  You can deflect the water rudder full Port or Starboard, and will turn about 15 degrees, but then, you stop increasing the turn...and the body of the Icon then plows forward...EVEN if you were trying that at full throttle as a test.

So...my important question...with your add on...can you steer upon the water...to even a full circle?  That would tell me quite a lot...that the water physics (when they dumbed down the water effects) were borked in the patch...or it was the Icon 5 that somehow no longer reacts to floating on the surface.   Please reply...and thanks!  Again...stellar shots!

2 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

So...my important question...with your add on...can you steer upon the water...to even a full circle? 

Hi, yes, I could, and I can, full circle in both directions. I just tested also the Icon, same result, full circle in both directions. So maybe there is something wrong with your Icon installation.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:09 AM, bernd1151 said:

Hi, yes, I could, and I can, full circle in both directions. I just tested also the Icon, same result, full circle in both directions. So maybe there is something wrong with your Icon installation.

Thanks for that. Will look into it then...

lovely place wonderful shots and amazing plane into msfs :) 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, bernd1151 said:

I have ported by now quite a few free- and payware planes over to MSFS. Quite a few of them look actually better in MSFS than in FSX/P3D, especially their VCs

Please Bernd could you tell me if there is a WWII warbird like a P-36 or P-40 which is ok ported in msfs (with ok VC and some working gauges - at least the main ones :P?  I would love to fly it O0 

On 10/10/2020 at 7:11 PM, BradB said:

Amazing shots Bernd , I can just picture you and Gerold ( Stillwater) out on the deck swapping stories 

of your travel’s of OZ . :):D

You got us, John. Here is the proof, taken from my Yacht. You can see Bernd´s yellow amphib plane just slighty right from the black tender and behind another sailship...

HmkhbMi.jpg

On 10/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, wain71 said:

superb shots, look so real...

Many thanks, Wayne

On 10/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, jean marc said:

lovely place wonderful shots and amazing plane into msfs :) 

Please Bernd could you tell me if there is a WWII warbird like a P-36 or P-40 which is ok ported in msfs (with ok VC and some working gauges - at least the main ones :P?  I would love to fly it O0 

Oh yes, Jean Marc, there are quite a few. To start with, the FSX Acceleration P 51 Mustang works very well, with all gauges working.

Also the a2a P 47, the freeware Milviz Stuka, Milviz P 38, Just Flight Mk 1 Spitfire or the Aerosoft Catalina, all work fine with most of the gauges functional. If you are into older planes, also the Aeroplane Heaven Bristol Bulldog works fine.

22 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots, and a fantastic plane (with the correct livery) taken for this tour. @bernd1151, did you just copy the OZx Goose into the respective MSFS folder?

Many thanks, Gerold. The conversion is unfortunately not that simple. You need a plane converter, that does it for you. There is a good freeware one available:

https://www.nexusmods.com/microsoftflightsimulator/mods/117

In it is also a link to a YT video, that shows you how to do it. I had to watch it a couple of times, before I fully understood, what I have to do. And not all planes will convert, so it's a bit of a trial and error activity. But when you fly at the end some of your favourite vintage FSX/P3D planes in MSFS, you know that the effort was worth it. :) 

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Oh yes, Jean Marc, there are quite a few. To start with, the FSX Acceleration P 51 Mustang works very well, with all gauges working.

Also the a2a P 47, the freeware Milviz Stuka, Milviz P 38, Just Flight Mk 1 Spitfire or the Aerosoft Catalina, all work fine with most of the gauges functional. If you are into older planes, also the Aeroplane Heaven Bristol Bulldog works fine.

Fantastic !!!! Many thanks Bernd I have most of them - amazing to be able already to fly the Spitfire & P-47 in mfsf :o !!!!! :)

Archived