You know me, I will continue to post (virtual) travel reports...

Stillwater

... and they will continue to be from P3D. I see there is more VFR eye candy in the new model, but I am totally happy with the flying in my complete P3D instalment. Like this flight (already done two months ago), from Wellington...

gDiCVQI.jpg

... over Centennial Park, ...

daVU48V.jpg

... and the Capital´s city center...

trnjuno.jpg

j5mOYsF.jpg

... to Westwind windfarm. Bye, bye, North Island.

yQxfvje.jpg

Hello South Island. Cook Strait can be a bit rough when travelling on sea level (I´d like to do this in a few years).

j15fH0H.jpg

And this is the ship one may take: The Kaitaki.

YxiY0A5.jpg

Picton, the cross-strait ferry port.

3hJGe6o.jpg

If one likes, take the numerous curves of the Queen Charlotte drive, ...

HKsTsdz.jpg

... passing Havelock, ...

JvtOlRU.jpg

... and towards Nelson.

WzW2NGk.jpg

We would drive around Wairoa Bay...

VdIwW21.jpg

... through the green fields...

c4UFm6S.jpg

aUBbG1i.jpg

... to Motueka.

Cx7j3wq.jpg

Quite a good trip for one day, me thinks.

ei3l6WX.jpg

43 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful trip indeed Gerold. And I too would rather take the Kaitaki than flying with T-Bone and Hilda:unsure:, but they always keep us in beers:P:D. Cheers stay safe.:)k

Where is F-16bone and Hilda, collecting unemployment. :D

Great shots, brings back my memories of the Cook Strait ferry and walking the Queen Charlotte Track a few years ago. Wellington is an interesting airport, a short runway, strong winds, Cook Strait at one end of the runway, Wellington Harbour at the other.

11 hours ago, lifejogger said:

When your shots look that good who needs a new flight simulator.

Thank you John. That is what I wanted to read... and sometimes I also think this, for example on this approach over the green fields. The NZ sceneries are very well done by Orbx!

9 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Great story, great shots, great to see you back in harness :wub:

Thank you TT. The renovation work in our home is still ongoing, so I am quite busy. But the next legs have already been done!

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Top-shelf set of shots Gerold! :)

Thanks Adam!

10 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful trip indeed Gerold. And I too would rather take the Kaitaki than flying with T-Bone and Hilda:unsure:, but they always keep us in beers:P:D. Cheers stay safe.:)k

Well, flying with the mule Team would be an adventure of a special kind. But for this route the Interislander ferry would do well enough https://www.greatjourneysofnz.co.nz/interislander?_ga=2.99026712.786001774.1601977655-2037467515.1597647003 .

9 hours ago, Ian St said:

Great shots, brings back my memories of the Cook Strait ferry and walking the Queen Charlotte Track a few years ago. Wellington is an interesting airport, a short runway, strong winds, Cook Strait at one end of the runway, Wellington Harbour at the other.

Great memories, Ian. Of a trip yet to be done for me... We would probably skip Wellington airport, just to enjoy the ferry.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great memories, Ian. Of a trip yet to be done for me... We would probably skip Wellington airport, just to enjoy the ferry.

You can do both, fly into Wellington and then catch the Interislander across Cook Strait to Picton. A very nice journey through the Marlborough Sounds (on a calm day). 

A little something to whet your appetite - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_OBVafiq0&ab_channel=airsidetv

21 hours ago, jean marc said:

you did right Gerold : various and beautiful shots :)  ... great to still love our dear P3D which provided us some many great flights :rolleyes:

Merci Jean Marc. I really still enjoy it and you´ll see a bit more of that soon.

18 hours ago, wain71 said:

Great variety of shots Gerold... 

Thank you Wayne!

12 hours ago, Wakashi said:

And, you know us, we will continue to enjoy the virtual trips and narrations as long as you continue to continue! :D  Another great VTR! :)

Thanks Roger. And a special thanks for the abbreviation VTR, that was new to me!

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, David Murray said:

I own this aircraft DBX. Crazy to see these images. Is it on fight sim or something?

I can not find it on Avsim at the moment. Since I have it on my HDD since 2016, it may have been on the now-defunct OZx site. I hope the 4.4 MB can be uploaded here...:

C185F ZK-DBX.zip

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, it’ll be sporadic for now but after knee surgery it might be more often.

Good to read that. I keep my fingers crossed the operation will go on smoothly and with maximum success. Probably you need Thrombosis prophylaxe afterwards, can I recommend some good wines?

9 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Good to read that. I keep my fingers crossed the operation will go on smoothly and with maximum success. Probably you need Thrombosis prophylaxe afterwards, can I recommend some good wines?

Thanks, yes, as long as it's Merlot :)

Archived