AI Traffic program for P3Dv5

Hi all,

I miss my AI traffic in P3Dv5.  Scouring the internet and looking at what's out there leaves me more confused than when I started!  Are there any good AI programs out there, either free or pay, that work with P3Dv5 and are are worth the money of payware?

Thanks for any help

Cheers

• Like 1

@Rob Abernathy,

just deploying AI Traffic myself, in P3Dv5

have chosen Traffic Global from Just Flight v1.1.15 - get lots of traffic - Airliner & GA,

it is in active development - recent news on forum,

also, deployed AI Lights Reborn Pro - which adds some special effects immersion - dawn AI flights are spectacular when hovering with heli around airport,

& just deployed Super Traffic Board P3Dv5 - fantastic immersion enhancer - shows what is going on with AI flights.

• Like 1

Thanks Craig!   I did take a quick look at it but balked at the price, at least until I move more and more into P3Dv5.  Still waiting on some scenery updates first.   I don't like losing some of my paid for aircraft that aren't working in v5  but I have enough to play with now, esp with some A2A aircraft.  I don't really fly all that much except for approaches while testing, but I do enjoy the AI flights adding to the airport realism.  Really miss that part.  Thanks again.

Edit    Just bought it.  Now the momentum toward v5 is picking up speed.  lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I did take a quick look at it but balked at the price

Rob, i must also say that Alpha India Group have a highly regarded AI Traffic package which is currently $free & in beta - tricky to install,

what i described in my previous post is a super simple 'one-click' solution,

enjoy flying with P3Dv5!

• Upvote 1

Thanks again Craig.  I did spend over an hour getting to grips with AIG but in the end the "one-click" solution won me over.  Have to find something to spend money on, this Covid stuff has shrunk my world a bit.  Thankful for flightsims.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Thanks again Craig.  I did spend over an hour getting to grips with AIG but in the end the "one-click" solution won me over.  Have to find something to spend money on, this Covid stuff has shrunk my world a bit.  Thankful for flightsims.

The Covid thing has shrunk my world a lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, chumley said:

The Covid thing has shrunk my world a lot.

You mates in OZ have done a great job in keeping the virus at bay with just over 100 deaths , where here in the States we are nearing 140K in deaths .  Hang in there Andy , hopefully this will be in our rear view mirror a year from now .

John

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Rob, it’s simple if you have UTL.  Copy over the folder 4.5’s in Add-Ons to v5 and bam, it works flawlessly.

Thanks Jack.  :)   The Global AI that I bought can be installed into either v.5 or v5 too.  Either way I now have nice looking AI everywhere so I'm a happy flyer!

• Like 2

Hi Gentlemen,

Unfortunately I have had to remove comments based on our Forum Rules regarding Politics. If you are not aware of have forgotten this Forum Rule, please see attached under the Community Forum Rules sub section 2.

• Like 1

Can't recommend AIG Ai Manager highly enough. 900+ flightplans, hundreds of models, textures, special liveries, retro liveries etc etc. All free. 

If you want, you can donate and/or purchase some payware AI models, but this is not compulsory.

In line with Ian, I can not recommend AIG enough. By far the best AI for flightsim and the Australia and New Zealand coverage is in line with the Orbx AUNZ AI coverage, which many payware addons seem to fail miserably at. 

They now have their own software to download and install every flightplan and all the necessary AI models and effects outside of the P3D folder which can be found here

As well as this, another member of the AIG forums developed a tool that can change AI in the sim, like deleting approaching and departing traffic and limiting traffic to save some FPS - this can be found here.

Honestly, having come from UTLive, nothing compares to what AIG have. The only thing that ever came close was the Orbx AI package that only covered Australia and New Zealand. This covers the globe. 

Hey fellas and @Rob Abernathy, I'm intrigued by this program.

1) Is it as good or better than UTL?

2) Will it work in V4.5 and v5?

3) Do I have to configure it like a certain one I have now?

4) Are the planes' graphics better?

5) And very important, do they have traffic at smaller airports?

I really want to get away from them.

37 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hey fellas and @Rob Abernathy, I'm intrigued by this program.

1) Is it as good or better than UTL?

2) Will it work in V4.5 and v5?

3) Do I have to configure it like a certain one I have now?

4) Are the planes' graphics better?

5) And very important, do they have traffic at smaller airports?

I really want to get away from them.

1) Do you mean AIG AI Manager, or Traffic Global? I don't have UTL so can't say if it is better, but I've never heard anyone who uses AIG complain.With regard to AIG - 

2) Yes

3) You just need to do a bit of easy set-up work to begin with. At the end of the day you can't expect 40+Gb of files to just appear and work flawlessly without some preparation.

4) Superb graphics, especially the PBR textures. A vast array of repaints, for example, all the American Airlines retro liveries, accurate renditions of airlines such as Norwegian, Frontier, Ryanair, Southwest that have multiple livery variations for the same model.

5) With 950 airlines, there aren't many places without traffic. If you want to check a particular airport, let me know and I'll see what is there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian St said:

1) Do you mean AIG AI Manager.

Yes, this one.  I’m looking for easy to use, not a lengthy set up and downloading files.  What happens if I just run it?  What next?

Many thanks as I appreciate it.

It would be nice if Orbx had one through Central.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, this one.  I’m looking for easy to use, not a lengthy set up and downloading files.  What happens if I just run it?  What next?

Many thanks as I appreciate it.

It would be nice if Orbx had one through Central.

The setup basically entails ensuring you have an active account for AVSIM library, Flightsim.com and the AIG website (all free). You also need to download the P3D SDK plus of course any payware AI models you choose to use.

The first time you run the platform, you need to point the installer to the location you have the SDK and where you want your install to go (43Gb ish). It will then prompt you to log into those websites so it can access the models, flightplans and re-paints, it does the rest.

You can bulk click and install all 950 or so airlines or just select the ones you want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian St said:

The setup basically entails ensuring you have an active account for AVSIM library, Flightsim.com and the AIG website (all free). You also need to download the P3D SDK plus of course any payware AI models you choose to use.

The first time you run the platform, you need to point the installer to the location you have the SDK and where you want your install to go (43Gb ish). It will then prompt you to log into those websites so it can access the models, flightplans and re-paints, it does the rest.

You can bulk click and install all 950 or so airlines or just select the ones you want. 

Thanks for all that Ian.

Just another fan of AIG here. This is one instance where freeware actually far outshines payware, in both model and texture quality. I actually have it installed for v4.5, but just added the traffic files to my v5 scenery library and everything works. AI traffic has never looked so good.

ihInEF7.jpg

8a6NR5o.jpg

tzOf7Vd.jpg

Have to say I'm a huge fan of Alpha India Group(AIG). Free and quite flexible. It will take a little tweaking to get it just right with you hardware but well worth it. It maybe free but it is quite polished and professionally done.

You can seIect what airlines you want in your sim. i would suggest adding airlines in batches since it does take time.

About once a month I run the AIGTech Manager and update flightplans. It will be interesting to see what happens later in the year as they adjust to the lower number of flight happening now.

• 6 months later...
On 7/11/2020 at 4:59 AM, Phantom Flyer said:

HI I purchased Traffic Global from Justflight, but after following download and installation procedures I found an icon on my desktop, TrafficGlobal, when I open this as administrator it wont open or start, do you had similar? I run p3dv5.1 windows-10 Pro 64bit'. I uninstalled, re downloaded etc in different locations but nothin helped.

Any idea, tips ?  thks

Achim

• 1 month later...

I dont really want a lot of other aircraft in the air at this point, as it's a pain having to do go arounds, and I'm not using ATC currently.

I would like to have more traffic parked at the airports as they are a bit like ghost towns, but not have more planes actually in the air.

Do the traffic programs allow you to do this?

Thanks for any help from users who know the answer.

Regards

Calum

On 3/12/2021 at 5:07 AM, Calum WE said:

I dont really want a lot of other aircraft in the air at this point, as it's a pain having to do go arounds, and I'm not using ATC currently.

I would like to have more traffic parked at the airports as they are a bit like ghost towns, but not have more planes actually in the air.

Thanks for any help from users who know the answer.

Regards

Calum

On 3/12/2021 at 7:19 AM, Emile139 said:

MAIW

How can I get commercial airplanes only at the airport with MAIW?

On 3/12/2021 at 10:07 AM, Calum WE said:

Yes. There is a fantastic freeware program called 'AI Companion'.
It's a very powerful in-sim AI traffic management tool.

Want to limit the total number of AI aircraft? Want to limit to traffic at one specific airport or a handful of specific ones? Want to remove all AI on the ground when above a pre-determined altitude? Want to retain all enroute traffic when above another pre-determined altitude?

brFrSpA.png

The creator is very active both with updating the program and responding to queries on the AIG (Alpha India Group) AI traffic forums.

If the mods here don't mind a freeware utility being highlighted, here is the link to the specific forum thread over at AIG with the file link in the first pinned post:
https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0
(Sign-up required)

Edited by F737NG
Corrected link
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

Yes. There is a fantastic freeware program called 'AI Companion'.
It's a very powerful in-sim AI traffic management tool.

Want to limit the total number of AI aircraft? Want to limit to traffic at one specific airport or a handful of specific ones? Want to remove all AI on the ground when above a pre-determined altitude? Want to retain all enroute traffic when above another pre-determined altitude?

brFrSpA.png

The creator is very active both with updating the program and responding to queries on the AIG (Alpha India Group) AI traffic forums.

If the mods here don't mind a freeware utility being highlighted, here is the link to the specific forum thread over at AIG with the file link in the first pinned post:
https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0
(Sign-up required)

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I'm newbie in this kind of software (AI traffic) and my questions may be dumb but need to ask anyway.

With any of these programs will I see any aircraft with its virtual airline? Like someone connected as QFA or AAL or BAW...?

Will I need to have these AI traffic flying everywhere (unrealistic in simulation but...) or is it possible not to?

Tks

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:28 PM, cirurgiao said:

I'm newbie in this kind of software (AI traffic) and my questions may be dumb but need to ask anyway.

With any of these programs will I see any aircraft with its virtual airline? Like someone connected as QFA or AAL or BAW...?

Will I need to have these AI traffic flying everywhere (unrealistic in simulation but...) or is it possible not to?

Tks

The IAG server is temporarily down, but shall hopefully be back to normal soon. 

The flightplans are derived from real world schedules, so you will see plenty of QFA at Sydney, AAL at Dallas Fort Worth etc, and nothing unrealistic . I have about 1400 flightplans installed but if you only fly to certain areas you can just install the flightplans that interest you.

Tks, for answering, Ian S.

I think my post seems a bit confusing so sorry about it.

What I'm trying to find is this:

How can I see a DLH plane while flying online VATSIM?

Other day I flew NZCH->NZAA and was at gate 17. Just after landed a ANZ flight but instead of ANZ colors in fuselage it showed a KLM.

Since I fly KLM I have KLM liveries in my B737-800. B747-400, B747-8, B777-200LR, B787-9 & B787-10.

Tks again for help