Tapini!!!

merlinux

While I am waiting to get the funds to purchase TE NoCal and a new ssd drive, I have been playing with the milviz porter and Tapini/AYPY sceneries.

Ready to leave Port Moresby towards Tapini

LosTAny.jpg

e5fe404.jpg

getting close to the mountains

ciyftKl.jpg

Dps7K3m.jpg

starting to slow down and put some flaps. the airport is just behind that hill

4DGuCkH.jpg

Intercepting the Tapini ILS :) The barely visible goat track on the side of the mountain

Byx2pAu.jpg

On the glideslope ready for final

r2YjN7h.jpg

A bit of crosswind

Z6OoH62.jpg

laMj8W1.jpg

The Tapini airport :)

eUiPL4B.jpg

Yt0GKMW.jpg

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Exquisite!  I can only visit these in a chopper in my sim.

I think you have enough runway in Tapini to flight there with regular GA aircraft. Can't say the same on the other airports included with it....

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

great shots, heres another plane I would like to get.....

If you're gonna fly this region it is a must have, together with carenado c185f.

Similar to flying otters and beavers in canada or alaska!

I've only recently purchased the porter from Milviz (having owned their beaver and turbo otter for quite a while), and this is their more polished bush airplane I believe.

Excellent shots and aircraft operation in this magnificent scenery - I can tell you from RL experience that very few aircraft can approach and land from that direction, in fact that is the departure for Tapini most of the time!

27 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

Excellent shots and aircraft operation in this magnificent scenery - I can tell you from RL experience that very few aircraft can approach and land from that direction, in fact that is the departure for Tapini most of the time!

Thank you. I did crash the first  time I flew there  and also went for the other aproach the 2nd time(cause I was way too high). But once you know the goat track trick and master that new milviz plane it isn't too bad . You are so lucky to have flown there. I am just a sim pilot. Wish one day I'll start flying for real... But this kind of flying or alaska/canada is what gets me.

Archived