TrueEarth Great Britain for P3Dv4 - all 3 regions releasing soon!!

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing this week the complete TrueEarth Great Britain series for P3Dv4 - Great Britain Central, Great Britain North as well as the much anticipated Version 2 for Great Britain South.

This all-new version for Great Britain South adjusts other areas of the product to represent the region in higher detail. TrueEarth Great Britain South v2 also extends the original coverage area to now include an additional 3000 km2 of high-definition imagery. This brings the total coverage area to 195,064 km² of stunning British landscape.

This update focuses significantly on performance, ensuring that you have the same stunning visual appearance whilst enhancing usability. New techniques have been discovered to improve the autogen, along with giving users the choice to use the simulator's settings to adjust scenery density depending on their personal system. These techniques have been carried over to Great Britain Central and North.

Version 2 for Great Britain South will be a free update to existing customers and we plan to have an exciting offer to complete the whole package. Keep an eye out for the release announcement for more details!

This product set is perfect for those looking for an exciting VFR flying experience around one of the most stunning places in the world. From rich golden coasts and lush green fields to urban cities and towering complexes, you won’t find a more comprehensive and up-to-date British flying experience anywhere!

Features for all 3 regions

• Hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
  • *New* Configurable options for those looking for additional performance gains
  • Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
  • Millions of trees at the correct height and location
  • Buildings at the correct height and location
  • VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, castles, stadiums and lighthouses
  • Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
  • Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks
  • Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh for South & Central and 20-meter mesh for North
  • Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
  • Summer season only with full night-lighting supported

Coverage area

TE_GB_Map_V02_P3D.jpg

Enjoy these screenshots!

Southampton

63-29a578851762bb9e0f579045760a69c9.jpg

63-8567e09c9efa8a5b589aa4f2118c61bb.jpg

63-47fc7326d312a106e128f21297a8fb8d.jpg

63-0cb32d617284e8a0715f8df93162347d.jpg

63-09bb6e0a61d9d42eeb79c758340f0e76.jpg

63-7d4d9855f96787a9c45020083a6f65ca.jpg

63-7e5f14f547732e5fea79a32c00673c58.jpg

Edinburgh

63-d2b10b5658154c45fe66727f754171bd.jpg

63-2888fa0013d8d6b1f82fe9c4b87aec06.jpg

63-ff2b76ee7bc83275790592584be7a470.jpg

Leeds

63-5a27385af2dcb63eabe306e449aad21d.jpg

63-567b69b08930344069b967204389998c.jpg

63-fd0aa5ba76b58938d8a68332db43895b.jpg

63-d85083f6b204af72df385ab97e5ffee4.jpg

63-8ae784ea034683e6a08dd685731adb86.jpg

63-831645bc2f7ad6889bfb66a69c12226b.jpg

Manchester

63-a5728d86c66866d14819407504c2450e.jpg

63-a9621cda19160340602c8156f6644dd5.jpg

63-2c63174df5f19f4fd8eb39c1642eac14.jpg

63-7d7161bf4e7961a01b55804d031f42c8.jpg

63-e704df1b8b1d4c6fa6521c1d98347962.jpg

63-ee33c634692009b4e3b7a7a8bd98d823.jpg

63-136fc783a73292c93a796ed359726019.jpg

Lake District

63-01dd8e4807e2be2f9cd7882a24a22165.jpg

63-cce8e2190c5a182cfb80b0924c59132c.jpg

63-cea23f079153893a6875c7b99ddecf80.jpg

63-6340cb0d77b869dd93c5ecf1d8536b01.jpg

63-078943aa484ac31858931939298b8e2b.jpg

63-3c609ef356e7e37a9ec45d3b7adf72a3.jpg

63-2055d0e4192baa7eee02dccace395216.jpg

63-9f9692a3ca06ae8d7e5b577c9d3e8f83.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be buying Central and North (and updating to v2 of South) as soon as my new PC build is complete this Christmas. It is not the most powerful PC on the planet, but it is significantly more powerful than the one I have been using for the past five years, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy TrueEarth GB at a new level of detail and performance 8)

On a side note......has that autogen exclusion problem short left of the runway 20 threshold been addressed when using TrueEarth GB South with the ORBx Southampton package?

Hello silentsage,

the installed sizes I see are, in round numbers:

South                 46 GB

Central               22 GB

North                 26 GB

TEGB libraries  12 GB

TEGB Libraries are required by all of the products but will only be installed once.

If a customer chooses to have only one part, then that part will have an extra 12GB

over and above its own size, but if the same customer then decides to add one or both

of the other parts, the size of the installation will rise only by the size of the part itself.

I understand that an existing version of TEGB South will be removed by the installer

and completely replaced by version 2 which is about 10GB smaller in itself than version 1.

8 minutes ago, Flygsidan said:

North is only 26 gb installed? Is that 1m/pixel or is this a 2m/pixel SD version?

There's no SD version for P3D. The resolution will be 0.0000106871 by 0.0000106871 degrees, which in TE GB North/Scotland (depending on latitude) roughly translates to a horizontal resolution of ~0.65 meters and a vertical resolution of ~1.19 meters. Visually not any different to what you know from TE GB South.

On a closer look: Are there still green roads in some places which I found quite distracting in South v1? The second Leeds image makes me a bit unsure about this.

Kind regards, Michael

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

On a closer look: Are there still green roads in some places which I found quite distracting in South v1? The second Leeds image makes me a bit unsure about this.

Kind regards, Michael

The colour balancing used for the ortho imagery is not always perfect process and green-ish roads may occur in places. I am sure however that overall the imagery is well balanced across GB.

5 minutes ago, John Venema said:

The colour balancing used for the ortho imagery is not always perfect process and green-ish roads may occur in places. I am sure however that overall the imagery is well balanced across GB.

Thanks!

Kind regards, Michael

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Of course you can. They are completely separate products. I guess the only concern would be ORBx Cardiff Airport, which is (as far as I am aware) linked to the FTX Wales product?

I thought FTX GB included numerous ORBX-enhanced airports which you would loose when uninstalling the LC-based FTX GB sceneries?

Kind regards, Michael

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

I thought FTX GB included numerous ORBX-enhanced airports which you would loose when uninstalling the LC-based FTX GB sceneries?

The same upgraded airports will be delivered with TrueEarth Great Britain, so there's no need to worry about losing something.

As for For EGFF Cardiff, correct. The detailed airport only comes with  FTX Wales so if you want to keep it, you just need to keep FTX Wales installed (the FTX VFR scenery will disappear under TrueEarth but the airport will remain on top).

Just now, Sascha Normann said:

The same upgraded airports will be delivered with TrueEarth Great Britain, so there's no need to worry about losing something.

As for For EGFF Cardiff, correct. The detailed airport only comes with  FTX Wales so if you want to keep it, you just need to keep FTX Wales installed (the FTX VFR scenery will disappear under TrueEarth but the airport will remain on top).

I found with TE South having it over FTX England deteriorated the performance. Maybe an option to purchase Cardiff separately would be useful and FOC for Wales owners for instance?

Hello Jamie,

the perfectly practical solution is to leave EGFF as it is, inside its own folder and with its own scenery

library entry and either deactivate EU Wales in the scenery library or manually remove it, if disk space is critical.

Although from a sales point of view, it is included in the EU Wales product, EGFF is a free standing airport that

does not require EU Wales to be installed, if there is a TEGB product in its place.

13 minutes ago, Sascha Normann said:

Thanks Sascha, good to know, that's an excellent solution. I'll also consider Nick's remark on Cardiff.

Kind regards, Michael

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jamie,

the perfectly practical solution is to leave EGFF as it is, inside its own folder and with its own scenery

library entry and either deactivate EU Wales in the scenery library or manually remove it, if disk space is critical.

Although from a sales point of view, it is included in the EU Wales product, EGFF is a free standing airport that

does not require EU Wales to be installed, if there is a TEGB product in its place.

Thanks Nick

Before I had deinstalled EU Wales I made a copy of the EGFF folder and after installung TE south I put it back into the ORBX-folder with the EU airports. As far as I know there is no other place where ORBX EGFF resides so I have EGFF in is full beauty without having EU Wales behind.

Kai 

I have a question, simply because I like flying in the correct seasons, although I suspect I would use this product for Spring and early Fall as well.

If I want Winter in the UK, would I simply have to uncheck/disable them in Orbx Central?

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

There are some greenish roads, but I think they are more than balanced out by:

a) the consistent colourisation of the scenery, unmatched by any UK PR product to date

b) the price, (sure it would be possible to mask out and recolour all the roads in the imagery, but the extra time and effort would likely mean the scenery was less profitable or would cost more)

I think the TE-GB S scenery came in for a lot of unjustified stick, as well as some fair constructive criticism.  This rebooted version sounds like it will address a lot of the latter and I'm very much looking forward to it.

18 hours ago, Sascha Normann said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question about EGFF.

Does this means that once I install GE South v2 I can disable the wales entries from scenery.cfg and just keep EGFF on top of GES v2?

Can I assume that FTX EGLC will also work in v2?

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jamie,

You can assume that 

FTX EGLC will also work in v2

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello silentsage,

the installed sizes I see are, in round numbers:

South                 46 GB

Central               22 GB

North                 26 GB

TEGB libraries  12 GB

TEGB Libraries are required by all of the products but will only be installed once.

If a customer chooses to have only one part, then that part will have an extra 12GB

over and above its own size, but if the same customer then decides to add one or both

of the other parts, the size of the installation will rise only by the size of the part itself.

I understand that an existing version of TEGB South will be removed by the installer

and completely replaced by version 2 which is about 10GB smaller in itself than version 1.

Why are these figures so much smaller than the XP11 installation of TE Britain

Are we Sure that these numbers are not the download size numbers?? - and might be misleading.

Quote on Central ------  for 'space required for installed product'

South     127 GB

Central     78   GB

North     142  GB 

347 GB

and borne out in my files - which shows 420 GB - which includes a small amount for 4 aircraft and the XP software

TE South for P3D stated - it needed at least 57 GB of disc space to be used for installation - it never quoted the final space

and I cant pick it out in my file of how much space was finally used - but I know I had to clear off many files to get the product installed.

14 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Why are these figures so much smaller than the XP11 installation of TE Britain

Are we Sure that these numbers are not the download size numbers?? - and might be misleading.

As has been explained by Orbx previously, P3D has a much better system for compressing data in .bgl files.

Installed on my drive, the current TE GB South for P3D takes up only 57 GB.

That's why in P3D, unlike for XP, there is no need of TrueEarth HD vs SD versions.

Archived