TrueEarth Great Britain for P3Dv4 - all 3 regions releasing soon!!

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

Are we Sure that these numbers are not the download size numbers?? - and might be misleading.

TE South for P3D stated - it needed at least 57 GB of disc space to be used for installation - it never quoted the final space

and I cant pick it out in my file of how much space was finally used - but I know I had to clear off many files to get the product installed.

Thank you for your enquiry.

I was able to record the sizes of all the installed products and post them on the forum.

Admittedly, it was a hard task and I did need to use a paper and pencil to help me.

TEGB South version 1 is indeed 57 GB installed.

All three X Plane 11 TEGB products use up 350 GB of disk space.

The reason for this large difference has already been provided.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

My install of all 3 regions plus the Libraries mirrors Nick's count.

South                 46 GB

Central               22 GB

North                 26 GB

TEGB libraries  12 GB

Excellent!

14 hours ago, F737NG said:

As has been explained by Orbx previously, P3D has a much better system for compressing data in .bgl files.

Installed on my drive, the current TE GB South for P3D takes up only 57 GB.

That's why in P3D, unlike for XP, there is no need of TrueEarth HD vs SD versions.

Many thanks to you and Nick etc for the explanation - which confirms to the original questioner  the volume of

hjs disc drive that will be needed.

Your explanation re the difference between XP and PR3d is also welcome - in that it has been explaining to me one or 2 other subtle differences

between the 2 - and unconsciously led me to reverse my earlier thoughts on PR3D - and to further invest in that Sim

Unfortunately the 4 vFlyte a/c I bought for XP wont work in PR3d:-[

Hello Jack,

did you miss this?

If you happen to miss the sale or have already purchased Great Britain South prior to the sale,

you will still save 25% of both Central and North when you purchase them. This bundle offer

ends 31 January 2020 23:00 UTC.

11 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:
26 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

Yes I did, bought them for full price. How do I get the 25% now? JJJ

Hello Jack,

with all due respect, you did pay the discounted price.

Yes Jack, Nick is right. The discounted price is already written there if you are logged in into your account putting this bundle into your basket. The original prices are dashed and the discounted price is shown. I saved about 28 AUD, if I remember right.

Kai

Hi, simple question, I can't download the Great Britain Libraries (12G) at home due to limited bandwidth. (no problem at work, manual download)

Did it come with one of the 3 TE product? If not is there a link to download them manually?

Ben

1 hour ago, JJJackson said:

No I did NOT. How do I create a support ticket?

Jack, normal price is about 55$ AUD for each product, so at 41,21 you did get the 25% on each product, I just bought them myself.

Ben

Hello , just a couple of questions !

1) At the moment i have installed EU England,Wales and Scotland ! I understand that i should Uninstall them and then Install TE Great Britain  ? 

2)  How about All of my UK airport's , are they Compatible with TE Great Britain or Not Yet ?

Thank you ,

Mike

I use both X-Plane 11 and P3D v4.  I have all the TEGB for X-plane - is it worth my while getting TEGB for P3D?  I ask because the photos screenshots on the release look a bit better in P3D - but it could be my advancing years and eyesight!

Kwv

On 12/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, Sascha Normann said:

Yes, the airports each will receive an autogen update that closed the gap around their PR.

Thanks Sascha for your reply.  I just install the North, Central and update South, but I still have autogen missing around some ORBX add on airports, like Compton Abbas, Chichester, etc.  On the instructions, I read that I need "EU England" for those airports, but using TrueEarth scenery for England, there is no reason to use that add-on (or not?).  Is that the problem?, or at this point, it is normal to still have autogen missing, or poor autogen density around some airports?.

By the way, the South update works great for me, less loading times and better frames.

Wow, I just installed TE GB Central, and am amazed.  Not only with the scenery, but tremendously suprised that I am getting almost 50FPS while flying in it.  And the kicker is that I would always get the 3-5 sec pause in all the other Orbx scenery.  I have now flown 2 hours in this new scenery and not one single P3D pause.  Most all of my scenery is nearly maxed out in P3D and I'm still getting this fantastic performance.  Developers are incredible.  Thanks for the hard work.  My only question is, is when can we expect TE for P3D for North America.  I'd like to prepay!!!!

8 hours ago, feelipe said:

Thanks Sascha for your reply.  I just install the North, Central and update South, but I still have autogen missing around some ORBX add on airports, like Compton Abbas, Chichester, etc.  On the instructions, I read that I need "EU England" for those airports, but using TrueEarth scenery for England, there is no reason to use that add-on (or not?).  Is that the problem?, or at this point, it is normal to still have autogen missing, or poor autogen density around some airports?.

By the way, the South update works great for me, less loading times and better frames.

Those instructions are propably just outdated. Tagging @Ed Correia, so the team will update them sooner or later (considering the holidays).

For each airport just run a "verfiy files" in Orbx Central to update its files to the latest version that is compatible.

Bests,

Sascha

On 12/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, andy1252 said:

Still a slide show on my machine, no discernible improvement on v1 for me. Guess I'll stay in XP for my True Earth fun. (not blaming Orbx here, it's obviously an LM thing).

Good to see some honesty.

I too have the entirety of OrbX stuff in X plane, and considering expansion to the U.S. so I am seriously considering whether I NEED it all in P3D too.

I may just stick with FTX in P3D and keep VFR flying (and of course Night !) for OrbX regions in X plane.

Both platforms have their pros and cons I guess.

On 12/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, andy1252 said:

Still a slide show on my machine, no discernible improvement on v1 for me. Guess I'll stay in XP for my True Earth fun. (not blaming Orbx here, it's obviously an LM thing).

What are your machine specs? I've noticed a significant performance increase... I'm now able to max all settings and maintain 30fps pretty much everywhere apart from London.  Don't underestimate the significance of max lod radius in addition to hires ground textures.  That absolutely wasnt possible maintaining 30fps before...

On 12/21/2019 at 1:50 PM, appie said:

Taking an awful long time to download (I think xmas will be over before this is done). Having said that how will 3rd party addon airports work.

Some UK 3rd party airports may be a little too pale. (i.e. a lighter shade of green.)

What I did in X plane, where this was the case, was to open the 12 or so .dds ground image files, in an editor, and increase saturation and contrast about 10 percent and re-save. The whole process takes less than an hour for an airport.

The amount required may be different in P3D. Or it may not be required at all !

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

What are your machine specs? I've noticed a significant performance increase... I'm now able to max all settings and maintain 30fps pretty much everywhere apart from London.  Don't underestimate the significance of max lod radius in addition to hires ground textures.  That absolutely wasnt possible maintaining 30fps before...

Hi Kevin, my specs are in my sig, and I guess CPU is my limiting factor. I am also running at 4k, which doesn't help. Thanks to XP, I'm not really worried about my lack of progress with P3D, and I may well get myself a new PC towards the back half of 2020 - I'm waiting to see what's needed for the new FS. I figure I'll buy state of the art at that point and if that doesn't run P3D to my satisfaction I'll consider it a minority sport and concentrate on the other sims.

47 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Kevin, my specs are in my sig, and I guess CPU is my limiting factor. I am also running at 4k, which doesn't help. Thanks to XP, I'm not really worried about my lack of progress with P3D, and I may well get myself a new PC towards the back half of 2020 - I'm waiting to see what's needed for the new FS. I figure I'll buy state of the art at that point and if that doesn't run P3D to my satisfaction I'll consider it a minority sport and concentrate on the other sims.

Sorry I can't see your specs in your sig using mobile site on my phone :(

15 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Here you are:

i7-4790 4.5ghz, 32Gb mem, 48Tb of drive space (24 tb plus backup), Titan RTX 24gb, 4k 40" Philips.

Thanks Nick, well its obvious the bottleneck there is that Titan RTX!  :p

The CPU could be better I agree, no detail on the mem timings or what the 48Tb is made up of.  I would still expect that Andy should be able to see a performance increase.  The 4790 is only a quad core CPU, with HT, maybe Andy can offer some more info on what AM he's using and which cores he has add-ons running on?

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

well its obvious the bottleneck there is that Titan RTX!

Well, I did think about SLI'ing it, but didn't have room in the case (oh, and I've still got a few shares available for that nice tower in Paris, if you're interested <grin>). Assuming your "AM" is referrring to Affinity Mask I'm not messing around with those. I tried a few and it doesn't make any appreciable difference, and I've seen a lot of info saying that it doesn't/shouldn't matter these days with P3D. My system is perfect with XP - I am seeing up to 15/16gb graphics memory usage in some places (4k with all sliders except AA maxed out) and it's as smooth as butter, so the Titan was worth it from my perspective. In that environment I rarely see above 50% CPU either. And given the level of fidelity and general graphical loveliness I get in XP I'm not prepar3d to lower my settings to try and get p3d to run smoothly. Why drive a mini when I can drive a roller? P3D is great as long as I don't try anything like max with stuff like TE. And when I get my 128 processor Threadripper or whatever in a year or so's time I may even be able to enjoy it with TE, which would be good as I've got a hanger the size of Texas full of planes for that sim.

Anyway, I don't want to sidetrack this thread so, as that nice Mr Gump said - "that's all I've got to say about that".

(oh, and the 48tb is about 5tb SSD for sims and basic scenery, with 20tb HD for Ortho4XP and other photo scenery. My TE for XP is on HDD not SSD and it works a treat)

Archived