TrueEarth Great Britain for P3Dv4 - all 3 regions releasing soon!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Sascha Normann said:

Correct. 10m for Scotland would have been prohibitively expensive.

Bests,

Sascha

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility to amend anything to maintain compatibility with the old GenX 5m mesh, given that a lot of people will already own that quite legitimately please? I'm happy to contribute to that process.....

7 hours ago, Flygsidan said:

So if I own FTX Scotland (as well as TE North), can I somehow benefit from the 10m mesh from FTX Scotland when using TE? (Perhaps copy the mesh data over or something?)

The product page for FTX EU Scotland lists the mesh as 20 metres so it's probably been 20m all along.  If the User Guide said it was 10m then that was probably an omission in the proofreading, as a lot of the layout of the guide would have been copied over from the EU England guide.  To the best of my knowledge ORBX has never had commercial access to 10m mesh for Scotland.

Just now, John Dow said:

The product page for FTX EU Scotland lists the mesh as 20 metres so it's probably been 20m all along.  If the User Guide said it was 10m then that was probably an omission in the proofreading, as a lot of the layout of the guide would have been copied over from the EU England guide.  To the best of my knowledge ORBX has never had commercial access to 10m mesh for Scotland.

That was probably my mistake John, apologies

Though most parts of TEGB South v2 look good with definite frame rate improvements, the area around the Clifton Bridge is a problem on my system...buildings floating in the air and the bridge itself floating on one side.  Does anyone else have this?

Also, did most of the multi-story generic buildings in London get removed to help improve frame rates?  I like the improved frame rates better than my concern over the missing generic buildings but just wanted to make sure that others were seeing this also.

Rod

4 hours ago, jordancollins said:

Has ORBX said what will happen with regions like this when 2020 comes out? 

Hello,

no they have not, why would you ask about a simulator that is yet to be released

when these products are for use in P3D today?

In fact, this is probably a good point at which to close the topic, before it goes even

further off course or more misinformation is added.

Thanks to you and to all who contributed.

Archived