LSZS Samedan nice...but a couple o questions.

Jack Sawyer

Just bought and installed, it looks wonderful in the snow but I saw some anomalies, maybe they are maybe they aren't.

7yDJq7I.jpg

SEspoyt.jpg

YDw4iQ1.jpg

yYMvw3O.jpg

Is the plane supposed to sink into the snow like this?  If so then no problem.

gYiTLoC.jpg

pSTkv4K.jpg

C7oue3R.jpg

What are these colorful spots on the ground?

DHLZEPK.jpg

Also here.

rLMvLEz.jpg

Thanks for yet another very nice area, I look forward to exploring here.

d69Q0rF.jpg

47 minutes ago, Traveller said:

Very watchful you Jack.
Maybe Heigi will answer your questions.
I like to fly around because it is full of mountains and the landings and takeoffs are challenging.

Great shots mate.:)

Thank you kind sir.  I hope he gets back to me.  And I agree, those valleys look so inviting. 

I am impressed with how crisp and clear the rendering is in these shots. It really does bring home the often posted comment(s) I have often seen on other forums that the antialiasing in XPlane appears to be "broken" or only working partially  and has been that way for quite some time.

Nice set Jack.

I think the aircraft do "sink" in soft snow. I know I found that at Kiruna.

The green & red patches - not sure. If all green I would suggest undergrowth showing through thin snow.

What about recreating patch the shot in, say, Summer, [no snow]

TTM

4 hours ago, renault said:

I am impressed with how crisp and clear the rendering is in these shots. It really does bring home the often posted comment(s) I have often seen on other forums that the antialiasing in XPlane appears to be "broken" or only working partially  and has been that way for quite some time.

Thanks. I still like XP.

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack.

I think the aircraft do "sink" in soft snow. I know I found that at Kiruna.

The green & red patches - not sure. If all green I would suggest undergrowth showing through thin snow.

What about recreating patch the shot in, say, Summer, [no snow]

TTM

Thanks TTM, no idea what those spots are, I wish someone else would chime in if they've seen it.

1 hour ago, NineMile41 said:

Nice images Jack. I did not have the problem with the snow because I set it to summer. Much nicer instead of all that snow.

Cheers

Thanks kindly NM!  But if you get the chance can you set it to the current time and see if your's looks the same?

11 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Oh what a fantastic snow! And the village looks so real (despite the green chemical fluid on the ground, or may it be Absinth?).

Thanks Gerold.  It's very nice, quite livable for me as I love the snow.  I wish I knew what those red and green patches are maybe @Andreas Hegi could tell me.

I did what you ask but even in the winter I had no problem. I would try downloading it again I tried 3 times. Their download was slow like a turtle. I have 120Mb and I was getting 340Kb.

So delete it and download again. Here are some pictures.

QzLwrJ4.jpg

KSUCDMj.jpg

pnVg3jr.jpg

I did another test and the artifacts are showing on my system just like yours. Still no sinking in the snow.

I took another look at your pictures and I noticed that the snow around terminal is not white it looks like a dark shadow?

abc0sWU.jpg

Archived