Please stay calm...

BobT

Realising I hadn't tried a water landing since dang I don't remember which iteration of XP it was....11.25 mayyybe? Time to try it with the Otter I thought.  

Umm... didn't realize there was gonna be passengers. Stay calm people, this is your Captain speaking. Nothing to worry about. Do I need insurance to fly this thing? 

UmHRyiv.jpg

What an aircraft. Smooth take off until I got the flaps up to cruise then had to crank the trim like a mad man... lots to learn here..

Q95Sepk.jpg

This guy was not impressed. I thought he was the copilot but he turned out to be just another passenger. (of no help whatsoever).

In91JKY.jpg

We're off to downtown Victoria

KqSxPJj.jpg

i6LNHQG.jpg

jIxrFYT.jpg

Gcwqckt.jpg

she lands like a dream....

prSPyG2.jpg

LcEDUwl.jpg

Happy flights!

Great entertaining serie of shots and all the trust by the passengers for you piloting for a smooth water-landing on a very calm windfree moment.

On the second last shot it's like you landing on a mirror or on polished ice.

I have, as new XP11 user, bad experience for waterlandings that are much better animated in FSX and P3D.

2 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Great entertaining serie of shots and all the trust by the passengers for you piloting for a smooth water-landing on a very calm windfree moment.

On the second last shot it's like you landing on a mirror or on polished ice.

I have, as new XP11 user, bad experience for waterlandings that are much better animated in FSX and P3D.

haha it's so true...I learned from experience in XP to turn the wave height slider to a foot or less or the waves became suddenly hyperbolic demons on even a heavy floatplane. Maybe not with 11.40 I will have to try! Thanks!

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice set Bob, they all look mighty fine.

5 hours ago, RodgerC said:

Very nice group of shots!!!

4 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Highly entertaining suite of shots.

Much appreciated! Thanks and have a fine day!

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

So that's Milviz's final effort for XP.  Done mostly by 'VFlyte Air', it looks good.  Your last two are outstanding - glassy water landing technique looks perfect as do the water ripples in number last.  What's the secret?

Thanks OND, yes the Otter really is a great model, I'm particularly impressed with the texturing. With XVision (renault's settings...available here somewhere, thanks Pete), UWXP and Twick VR in play with my setup it's hard to know what is causing what! But the alchemy does work and it's different for each person that's for sure. Here's my settings as of today, hope it helps. REgarding the water, have a look at the VRTwick settings...these can make drastic changes...but I notice I also have UWXP set for auto waves...purely accidental and trial and error results here! Cheers

ZLvdXrr.jpg

SOCdf2H.jpg

uQi4tip.jpg

G9Jg3K9.jpg

CahocFh.jpg

2 hours ago, BobT said:

Thanks OND, yes the Otter really is a great model, I'm particularly impressed with the texturing. With XVision (renault's settings...available here somewhere, thanks Pete), UWXP and Twick VR in play with my setup it's hard to know what is causing what! But the alchemy does work and it's different for each person that's for sure. Here's my settings as of today, hope it helps. REgarding the water, have a look at the VRTwick settings...these can make drastic changes...but I notice I also have UWXP set for auto waves...purely accidental and trial and error results here! Cheers

ZLvdXrr.jpg

SOCdf2H.jpg

uQi4tip.jpg

G9Jg3K9.jpg

CahocFh.jpg

Thanks Bob - those background Cumulus tower higher than anything I'v got.  Some investigation is called for.  

Archived