P3D Menorca to Sardinia

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Aussieflyer38 said:

These are great Jack, love the cloud formations.

Don

Thanks Don, it was awesome for me because lightning was popping off all over and the plane was bouncing all around the sky.  I should have shut off the weather or went somewhere else but. I wanted to see what would happen.  I landed just fine but it was quite interesting.

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Those thunder cells made for an exciting flight Jack.:o

A wonderful sequence of images.:)

Thanks Martyn, I had a lot of turbulence and the autopilot disconnected so I had to hand fly it.  A real flight would have diverted but I like a challenge.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, I had a lot of turbulence and the autopilot disconnected so I had to hand fly it.  A real flight would have diverted but I like a challenge.

The passengers would have been grateful for your competent hand flying Jack.;)

We did a few deviations avoiding the thunder cells over the Bay of Bengal last week.:huh:

I find it so impressive to see these clouds towering above the 30 thousand feet we were flying at!:o:P:lol:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

The passengers would have been grateful for your competent hand flying Jack.;)

We did a few deviations avoiding the thunder cells over the Bay of Bengal last week.:huh:

I find it so impressive to see these clouds towering above the 30 thousand feet we were flying at!:o:P:lol:

My favorite kind of weather, they’re amazing from a plane.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Very nice flight by the book, Jack - a bit late in the year to enjoy the sun, but much more interesting for us simmers!

Thanks Gerold, that’s what I like about sims, you can do whatever you want when you want, too bad real life wasn’t like this.  

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

We did a few deviations avoiding the thunder cells over the Bay of Bengal last week.

I assume thunderstorms are the regular weather over North India and the adjacent regions. It is always like that - and probably this is already worked into the flight plans...8)

10 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I assume thunderstorms are the regular weather over North India and the adjacent regions. It is always like that - and probably this is already worked into the flight plans...8)

Not sure about India but they were intense on this flight.

Archived