Cessna in TEGB

Jack Sawyer

Great shots Jack but that’s the plane I’m having a bit of trouble with. As soon as it starts moving it wants to go right, and this is on the ground why I’m not sure. I really struggle just to get it to go straight in a line. Perhaps the brake on the right is binding :lol:. Could I delete the aircraft then restart Xplane would that reinstall the aircraft. I’m not sure how to sort it. Derek.

2 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Great shots Jack but that’s the plane I’m having a bit of trouble with. As soon as it starts moving it wants to go right, and this is on the ground why I’m not sure. I really struggle just to get it to go straight in a line. Perhaps the brake on the right is binding :lol:. Could I delete the aircraft then restart Xplane would that reinstall the aircraft. I’m not sure how to sort it. Derek.

Thanks Derek but I really don’t know how you’d reinstall it other than reinstalling XP?  Do any other planes to this?

Hi Jack. No and I have the C152 and that’s ok. When I first started with Xplane 11 it was fine, the only trouble I had was with the autopilot as it was a bit different from what I was used to in Xplane 10. I’m even having trouble trying to land some times as it seems to want to clime just as I’m trying to touch down. Strange aircraft. Derek.

4 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack. No and I have the C152 and that’s ok. When I first started with Xplane 11 it was fine, the only trouble I had was with the autopilot as it was a bit different from what I was used to in Xplane 10. I’m even having trouble trying to land some times as it seems to want to clime just as I’m trying to touch down. Strange aircraft. Derek.

Just now, Dadtom65 said:

Plus I have a button set up on my X56 to center all the trim so not sure what’s going on. Derek.

I am not as familiar with XP yet as I am with P3D so I'm at a loss, wish I could help. :(

10 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Yes sorry Jack for pinching your post. That Orbx scenery is the best, wish they would get the Pacific Northwest out soon. Right no more on this post. Good night. Derek.

No problem Derek, I hope you get it sorted.  Have a nice evening!

4 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

truly impressive shots Jack, and your so right Orbx has changed all the negatives of Xplane into ++++++++'s 

Thanks Ken, learning more daily.  But you have to admit, Orbx is leading the way with this TE stuff.

41 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

No problem Derek, I hope you get it sorted.  Have a nice evening!

Which version of XPlane 11 are you using?, because a few versions back there was some major issues with ground handling characteristics, but those have mostly been resolved now. 

The default cessna 172 has also gone through some updates recently........ and do you have the experimental flight mode in settings enabled?

Personally I use the Reality Expansion Pack from SimCoders which modifies the flight characteristics of the default Cessna and makes them it behave more realistically... check it out :)

https://www.simcoders.com/reality-expansion-pack/xp11-cessna-172

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Ever wonder why single engine props (in Alaska anyway) are painted flat black on the back (pilot's) side?  Reflections the pilot doesn't have to watch - #3 #4 and #6.  Your shots are great and the props are out of our hands.

Thanks OND!  Makes a lot of sense!

8 hours ago, TerryM said:

Which version of XPlane 11 are you using?, because a few versions back there was some major issues with ground handling characteristics, but those have mostly been resolved now. 

The default cessna 172 has also gone through some updates recently........ and do you have the experimental flight mode in settings enabled?

Personally I use the Reality Expansion Pack from SimCoders which modifies the flight characteristics of the default Cessna and makes them it behave more realistically... check it out :)

https://www.simcoders.com/reality-expansion-pack/xp11-cessna-172

Hi Terry. I’m using the latest update in Xplane but not sure till I get a chance to check about the experimental flight mode. Plus I will checkout the simcoders thing. Thanks for that. Derek.

41 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Very nice, Jack. Loved the approach shots.

Thanks Rodger, as I type this I just took off from Orbx’s XP Meg’s in the 737 (I know, but it worked) and am headed to KBOS.  Just testing the plane and setting cameras using @John Venema JV’s camera config he mentioned with the numpad, it works perfectly.

I have ALL of their XP stuff now so I want to take up the Cessna and explore all my airports.  Hopefully later tonight and tomorrow.  Been so darned busy lately  :banghead:

Archived