SOMETHING DIFFERENT #7 part 5 : Downstream Rio Orinoco to sea crossing to Carthagena de India (Colombia), and a long journey through the Andes

jean marc

SOMETHING DIFFERENT #7 part 5 : Downstream Rio Orinoco to sea crossing to Carthagena de India (Colombia), and a long journey through the Andes along mountains valley, passes and volcanos...

For the beginning of the trip : go to SOMETHING DIFFERENT #7 : Following von Humboldt & Bonpland in 1799/1801 - Part 1 Spain to Trinidad
Here is the link :  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168013-something-different-7-part-2-trinidad-tobago-nueva-andalucia-northern-venezuela-from-cumana-to-caracasin-17991800/

For the previous part 4 : Rio Casiquiare, curare arrows and cannibal tribes...220 years ago...And the Lost World of Conan Doyle
Here is the link :  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168890-something-different-7-part-4-rio-casiquiare-curare-arrows-and-cannibal-tribes-220-years-ago-and-the-lost-world-of-conan-doyle/

RIO ORINOCO May 1800

HTEJuyU.jpg

NcbhVS8.jpg

jNWfsy3.jpg

XmIxWtD.jpg

nfL09KA.jpg

dyKirMG.jpg

a4OIxLL.jpg

G4QrGfl.jpg

HOb7N9y.jpg

d4xbQMU.jpg

CARTAGENA DE INDIA (Northern Colombia) - End of March 1801

TIbqYAq.jpg

QKDGyti.jpg

AhKkMdH.jpg

CNSnCPF.jpg

3cnomef.jpg

3qNwNWp.jpg

vHIdRYq.jpg

C6xSQdE.jpg

zH14eIy.jpg

ueG27wR.jpg

nGR8mwi.jpg

UPSTREAM RIO MAGDALENA going South AND THE ANDES MOUNTAINS - April 1801 to January 1802

49Rf9zs.jpg

YWCY1tj.jpg

Ok1Jh01.jpg

HSAVgSQ.jpg

yQIjLiH.jpg

FHPF4xX.jpg

LRN9m0B.jpg

ihTa1Dh.jpg

6CXClne.jpg

6PaFAVD.jpg

BMlWgKn.jpg

j5s78qt.jpg

VQeUHIg.jpg

THROUGH THE ANDES - Always going South

C0sX1HQ.jpg

kRyBPcl.jpg

u7o4Qcw.jpg

WXNjP3W.jpg

D469RhZ.jpg

sX3dbJn.jpg

R2KeBJv.jpg

CD33K6W.jpg

5lxrUiK.jpg

Age1rF6.jpg

24VALsA.jpg

jia3Nyf.jpg

QFCJlb4.jpg

HotpQOG.jpg

#238a

d9NZb7h.jpg

#238b

0e5lqez.jpg

LUkm9x7.jpg

sKN4Qe0.jpg

E4C8uQC.jpg

ECUADOR 

BYzfmYA.jpg

tq9NOzg.jpg

BL8v6ow.jpg

dTRW2ap.jpg

t2ZzFHT.jpg

ctTOSo5.jpg

yUF6U1p.jpg

GhSfmJj.jpg

cpqNq8p.jpg

suiyofc.jpg

7SWy9aL.jpg

pQpsLFv.jpg

KqjL5N6.jpg

yPbfBcv.jpg

bvwfEfy.jpg

m4FGlG3.jpg

tXPqPco.jpg

JKAFx3F.jpg

fqrE0nW.jpg

So many things to tell again about the American Journey of the 2 great men...but it is the end of this story already very lon:P

Hoping you will like it...Do not hesitate to leave a message : it is encouraging ... and that keeps alive this post...:)

On 3/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Another superb job Jean Marc.  I don't think I would have enough time in my life to do this, it would take me years to create just one.  Kudos for all the hard work that goes into these productions.

very glad you like the very long story Jack - thanks for your kind comment (PS it is not so long to do it :))

23 hours ago, Breeze said:

Amazing work Jean Marc!  Quite a pictorial.

Thanks Breeze - indeed many shots with a lot of pictures included ... you need more than  2 eyes to read it :lol:

22 hours ago, BradB said:

Excellent work Jean Marc . :):)

Cheers

John

thank you very much John ... it was a long journey isn'it ? :P

21 hours ago, M110A2 said:

Excellent creation Jean Marc and educational too. Thanks!

glad you appreciated it - many thanks :)

My fellow countrymate Jean-Marc, what an enormous collection of history mixed with present sightseeing goodies in this and all other previous posted series, truly unique

and very entertaining regarding history, geography and natural events. Must be a very time-consuming activity in collecting all data and put it together with screenshots of

so many different vintage planes also. I take honestly my hat off for your effort to please us all, thumbs up!

On 12 mars 2019 at 3:41 AM, fltsimguy said:

Very cool work, lot of effort to make a great story.

Thanks Bryan ... A lot of pleasure when I discovered these pictures one by one :)

On 12 mars 2019 at 7:33 AM, DunRingill said:

Fantastic and very interesting post as always!

(And no spiders this time :D)

Your series of posts should be in a ”Orbx Forum Hall of Fame” :)

/Magnus

Glad you liked :) damned I forgot tha Andes mountains sure they should have some :lol:

On 12 mars 2019 at 9:45 AM, paulb said:

Wow! Amazing set Jean Marc! :)

I am very happy you had pleasure with the post Paul...long Journey isn'it :)

On 12 mars 2019 at 10:09 AM, European Mountain Man said:

Just Fantastic bit of work Jean Marc i just would not know where to start doing what you have  done on the fantastic  post of all your screen shots well done my friend regards EMM

Thanks you EMM :) the difficulty was to not be too long :P so many things to tell about the 2 great men !!! 

On 12 mars 2019 at 10:26 AM, ikbenik said:

My fellow countrymate Jean-Marc, what an enormous collection of history mixed with present sightseeing goodies in this and all other previous posted series, truly unique

and very entertaining regarding history, geography and natural events. Must be a very time-consuming activity in collecting all data and put it together with screenshots of

so many different vintage planes also. I take honestly my hat off for your effort to please us all, thumbs up!

A very kind comment Ikbenik - I really appreciate :) thank you for your reading of the so long post ... I started during Christmas holydays and it required many long evenings ... But intersting to do it ... and I am travelling when doing it :P

On 3/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Okay, jean marc, that's it -- this series has to be a book and I have to have a copy of it! 

thank you very much Rodger ... it would be great to have a such  book :lol: wow what a nice emoticon :)

• 2 weeks later...

adding a few links for anyone looking for information about AvH B)

-  "personal narrative" AvH book available on the web  (from Darwin Online)

Alexander von Humboldt Portal

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Alexander-von-Humboldt

and to know a little more about Aime Bonpland, a wonderful man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aimé_Bonpland

:)

On 3/27/2019 at 10:17 PM, Luquinhas said:

Loved it, Jean! It is very cool.

very glad you liked it - wrll it was near Brazil border and ... not so far from Sao Paulo :)

On 3/28/2019 at 12:46 AM, musterpilot said:

Very nice shots I always enjoy them

thank you very much John :)

On 31 mars 2019 at 12:51 PM, bernd1151 said:

Wow, what an amazing set of screenshots, almost overwhelming. I need to go through them one by one in more detail. There is so much information in each of them. Many thanks Jean Marc for this tremendous job!! 

Thank you very much for your kind comment. Much information ..despite it was a summary of their great journey :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 7:09 AM, adambar said:

Phenomenal post Jean Marc! :)  Words don't describe the beauty, and all the hard work that went into this post, well done!

very glad you liked Adam thanks

On 4/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

Greatly appreciated Iain thanks :)

Well the next story will be much more freezing ... in Groenland and Northern Canada ... following Knud Rasmussen and many others in the inuit way of life:ph34r:

Archived