How green was my valley - home sweet home

Adam Banks

Before leaving for NZ (nearly 20 yrs ago now!), this beautiful valley was my home: just east of Stroud, Gloucestershire ... called "The Golden Valley" due to its stunning autumn colouring. Chalford is almost alpine in nature and as steep as many villages in the south of France.

tegb-01-272-1350.jpg?dl=1

Aston Down, where I used to go gliding, is now (finally!) modelled in P3D - thanks to TEGB ...

tegb-02-621-1350.jpg?dl=1

It's a shame TEGB does neither Cotswold stone nor autumn - but at least it's summer all the year round, which is how I like to remember it!

Adam.

6 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

It's a shame TEGB does neither Cotswold stone nor autumn - but at least it's summer all the year round, which is how I like to remember it!

Lovey lush area and super caps Adam... Just wondering, do the trees change with the season? so you can have autumn (& spring/winter) trees?... Maybe with a bit of PTA tweaking you could get a good approximation of other seasons, apart from hard winter snow.... Just a thought.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:24 PM, Adam Banks said:

Before leaving for NZ (nearly 20 yrs ago now!), this beautiful valley was my home: just east of Stroud, Gloucestershire ... called "The Golden Valley" due to its stunning autumn colouring. Chalford is almost alpine in nature and as steep as many villages in the south of France.

tegb-01-272-1350.jpg?dl=1

Aston Down, where I used to go gliding, is now (finally!) modelled in P3D - thanks to TEGB ...

tegb-02-621-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

As I've found with GBNorth, memories, long submerged, are floating back to the surface - beautiful shots.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:42 AM, Mark Abdey said:

Lovey lush area and super caps Adam... Just wondering, do the trees change with the season? so you can have autumn (& spring/winter) trees?... Maybe with a bit of PTA tweaking you could get a good approximation of other seasons, apart from hard winter snow.... Just a thought.

Over the last 4 days I have spent about 5 hrs shovelling the "White Stuff".:(

Please Adam , don't take on board Mark's Excellent suggestion -- I won't be able to look at your superb screenshots again until summer really comes if that happens and that truly would

be a shame :D

Cheers

R

Archived