P3D 4.4 TEGB first shots

Jack Sawyer

First I want to thank Orbx and Ed, and Iain, and everyone who voted for me in the contest so I could get this wonderful area!

First impressions are very positive.  I started the sim and it had the 6% landing time longer than Orlando but it finally came up fine.

I also started it in real time so winter and I noticed the trees were winter trees so do the Orbx Trees change with the seasons in this scenery?  I like it.

Then in another post (I have 44) I found a few minor problems.

So here's my first ten, no weather because London is socked in.

aDnswwX.jpg

NJlYrPt.jpg

8RHA7Ui.jpg

H3EXu10.jpg

e4Znhy9.jpg

nRW24Bl.jpg

MwoFnLj.jpg

dHp6YOI.jpg

9MNrLe3.jpg

vokjis2.jpg

1 minute ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots Jack, blown away by the detail. Our sim world just gets better and better, thanks to people like ORBX.

Don

Thanks Don, no kidding!  They do some seriously good work and I'm always pleased with it.

39 minutes ago, beardgoblin said:

Congrats Chief, looks like you're having fun with the new scenery already B)

You flew over Tower Bridge?  I would have thought your reputation would demand you at least fly through it :o

Thank you, but I did fly through it.  I didn't hit the V key fast enough.

On 2/8/2019 at 6:29 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

First I want to thank Orbx and Ed, and Iain, and everyone who voted for me in the contest so I could get this wonderful area!

First impressions are very positive.  I started the sim and it had the 6% landing time longer than Orlando but it finally came up fine.

I also started it in real time so winter and I noticed the trees were winter trees so do the Orbx Trees change with the seasons in this scenery?  I like it.

Then in another post (I have 44) I found a few minor problems.

So here's my first ten, no weather because London is socked in.

aDnswwX.jpg

NJlYrPt.jpg

8RHA7Ui.jpg

H3EXu10.jpg

e4Znhy9.jpg

nRW24Bl.jpg

MwoFnLj.jpg

dHp6YOI.jpg

9MNrLe3.jpg

vokjis2.jpg

Looks great Jack - thanks for posting.

I noticed your FPS was quite low between 12 and 15, is this your normal or is this due to True Earth?

I am thinking of getting TE Orlando but am worried about poor performance as well as loading times.

I would appreciate your feedback.

EDITED: My error in calling it True Earth - should be City Scene.  I wonder what the difference is between True Earth scenery and City Scene scenery?

Thank you,

Dane

20 minutes ago, Dane said:

Looks great Jack - thanks for posting.

I noticed your FPS was quite low between 12 and 15, is this your normal or is this due to True Earth?

I am thinking of getting TE Orlando but am worried about poor performance as well as loading times.

I would appreciate your feedback.

EDITED: My error in calling it True Earth - should be City Scene.  I wonder what the difference is between True Earth scenery and City Scene scenery?

Thank you,

Dane

Hi Dane, thanks.

I think it might be normal but this was only my first flight.  London has always been a heavy hitter, even default old FSX was.  I have to do a lot more testing of various settings but I think getting away from London it'll be back higher.  I keep my FPS locked at 30, I used to use unlimited though.

CityScene Orlando has long loading times but is fine when you're there.  The best thing to use is the freeware SCE or Scenery Config Editor.  It will allow loading of only the scenery you want so P3D will load up much faster.

Hope this helps a little.

Jack

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Dane, thanks.

I think it might be normal but this was only my first flight.  London has always been a heavy hitter, even default old FSX was.  I have to do a lot more testing of various settings but I think getting away from London it'll be back higher.  I keep my FPS locked at 30, I used to use unlimited though.

CityScene Orlando has long loading times but is fine when you're there.  The best thing to use is the freeware SCE or Scenery Config Editor.  It will allow loading of only the scenery you want so P3D will load up much faster.

Hope this helps a little.

Jack

Thanks Jack for your quick reply. Everything you said is good news.

I do have Scenery Config Editor and used to always use it until I found an amazing addon called SimStarter NG it is incredible and I would not start my sim without it - you name it - it does it. For U.S. $18 it is a steal from Aerosoft - Froogle has a great YouTube review on his FroogleSim channel.

Regards,

Dane

25 minutes ago, Dane said:

Thanks Jack for your quick reply. Everything you said is good news.

I do have Scenery Config Editor and used to always use it until I found an amazing addon called SimStarter NG it is incredible and I would not start my sim without it - you name it - it does it. For U.S. $18 it is a steal from Aerosoft - Froogle has a great YouTube review on his FroogleSim channel.

Regards,

Dane

Glad I could help Dane. I bought it but never used it as it does way more than I want.

13 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

As I always wanted to see London!!

Beautiful shots Jack

I also do the bridge :D

Mine doesn't work, I have not managed to run it, it seems I have files missing

Hope to be enjoying it soon

Love those city shots

Thanks Carlos.  Files missing?  Did you do a file verify?  Other than that I don’t know what to say.  Did you post a support request?

Hope you get it working soon my friend.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Carlos.  Files missing?  Did you do a file verify?  Other than that I don’t know what to say.  Did you post a support request?

Hope you get it working soon my friend.

Hi Jack

How many files add all of the content in your four GBS folders? 86.888?

I hope I can fly it soon

Archived