Great news and wonderful work Jarrard, Jeffery.

Unfortunately, even though I have many Orbx airports, (all AUS, NZ and a few in UK) it looks like I am going to have to wait to experience SODE jetways at my favourites.

I do have GSX V1 (waiting for the dust to settle on teething issues in GSX V2) so I can see the advantage of being in a SODE world.

Waiting patiently.

Aussie

Well done guys, great news for those with the relevant sceneries. While i understand there is a lot of work to be done, is there a timeline or schedule for those sceneries yet to be updated?

Thanks in advance

Steve

On 1/29/2019 at 4:00 AM, FireRx said:

For those of us with FSDT GSX V.2 it be better for us not to use this?

I wont do the update, because it may destroy many hours of work that I have done. Free or not the many days and hours I spent to add SODE GSX 2 Jetways cannot be messed with. This update scares me to death.

On 1/30/2019 at 1:39 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Ben - you first need to update FTX-Central, then each airport will be it's own individual update. These have been rolled out exactly the same as a normal airport service pack. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

More good work from orbx. I have a question Jarrad, I installed the airport updates before I saw the Central update, which I then ran. Would this still work ok?

Edited by antonvs

56 minutes ago, antonvs said:

More good work from orbx. I have a question Jarrad, I installed the airport updates before I saw the Central update, which I then ran. Would this still work ok?

Hi Anton,

I'd recommend clicking "verify files" on the airport pages inside FTXC. That will sort out any SODE files that got missed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jarrad Marshall

Do you see a possibility to extend your SODE usage to windsocks anytime soon? ORBX still uses the ugly low-res and static default windsocks, where as other developers offer animated SODE-controlled windsocks, combining animated beauty with accurate function. Such windsocks could be especially welcome at some of your smaller airports, where aircraft literally park and taxi next to them.

I know ORBX has the skills and talent to do this too, so I hope this finds its way to the sceneries soon.

In the meantime, thanks for SODE jetways, highly appreciated! :wub:

Markus

Edited by mburkhard

5 hours ago, mburkhard said:

Do you see a possibility to extend your SODE usage to windsocks anytime soon?

G'day Markus - great question. We already have the ability to model unique and even animated windsocks that respond to weather using existing Objectflow technology - you can see these at some our HD airports, for example Narvik. You won't currently find them at lite airports included with regions; this was a conscious decision made by the team for a variety of reasons; performance/loading time, development/workflow efficiencies, etc. Unfortunately due to a variety of limitations in P3Dv2 onwards, this is why you see default or static windsocks at these airfields. We're always weighing up decisions like these with each new project (and in fact this has been a recent point of discussion), but in the meantime we'll be focusing on finding new and innovative ways to implement SODE and Objectflow v2 tech into our new and existing HD airports :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

• Thanks 1

@Jarrad Marshall

Hi Jarrad,

from reading your response to @mburkhard  today, am I to understand that SODE technology (ie jetways) will only be revisited on existing HD airports?

Thus meaning, that for example, your rendition of YBCS will not be remodeled with SODE jetways - and hence YMML, YBBN & YSCB will not be remodeled either?

Regards,

Steve

G'day Steve,

No that's not quite correct. We do intend to add SODE tech to our old airports, however we're not making promises about ETAs. Some of these airports will take an enormous amount of work to rip apart and re-work with SODE jetways, so I'm merely trying to set realistic expectations. That said, we do have our next batch of jetway airport updates being worked on as I speak :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just saying, I think that maybe there is something wrong.. I think that my FTC central was not up to date (not sure) but it allow me to download all airport update.

I think I have uploaded FTX Central to the latest version at the end, can that be possible?

All airport look like they have been updated when I went back from work, but when I started P3D no change to the airport where there.

After reading a few post here, one from Ben (he told to verify file integrity), all airport had to re-download file missing, this was about the same size as my original download???? 

I am still downloading due to my slow connection at home and will report back

Ben

On 1/29/2019 at 11:55 AM, 12bPilot said:

Nope, SODE is free for everyone.

I have only charged devs for creating jetway models and placing them in their sceneries. And that‘s because they were not able/willing to invest the time on learning how to make those jetways. But in the meantime, they are mostly creating the jetways themselves. The SODE jetway SDK is free as well...

Best regards,

Jeffrey

That being the case I,ll visit your site to make a donation 

i am in the process of adding w/s to all the freeware OZx airstrips

• 2 weeks later...

I must be missing something here as I can not find anything to do with this on my Central. I have version 3.3.4.5 and have not seen anything about an update available to either my Central or any of my airports. I have several of those mentioned in this article. I cant seem to find anything to download. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Howard

Hi Howard,

The current versions of the relevant airports are listed in this thread:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167188-sode-animated-jetway-updates-released/

You can check the current version of each airport that is installed by checking the version text file in the following folder:

"......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\User Documents\Versions" (or in whichever sim you have the airports installed).

If you find that the versions do not match then you can run the "Verify Files" option on each relevant product page in FTX Central.

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Jarrad wrote this in  the first posting in this thread:

"After much anticipation and a long development cycle, we are very proud to formally announce that ORBX will be integrating SODE jetways and content into our airport products"

But right now it seems that everything at ORBX is only revolving around XP.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

On 3/21/2019 at 4:30 AM, JJJackson said:

But right now it seems that everything at ORBX is only revolving around XP.

Whilst we might seem to be quiet, we have some huge things in the works for P3D right now. You will have seen early glimpses in the 2019 Roadmap thread, but there is plenty more that we haven't even started showing off yet. Things are looking very exciting for all platforms right now :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bruce e said:

Like AUS v2?

I know it will be published when it’s published but any small glimmer of a hint as to how soon? 

Please!

OK I’ll say it!

Pretty please!!   :)

I read that they are hoping for an April or May release of AUS v2. A huge continent but the roadmap for 2019 has some amazing taster pics. 

• 1 year later...