the updated Stockholm Arlanda + SODE + AI

Urmel81

Hello Guys,

I hope you've fun with the updated ESSA scenery like me. I'm running my system with 100% AI, and it runs really well. I love that ORBX is using SODE from now. The updated Stockholm looks fantastic, thanks Marcus, thanks ORBX for your great Community Support with this FREE update. Thanks.

Today I had a lot of fun with Stockholm and my AI, I'd like to share some Screenshots, how it can be. But be aware, these jetways are really difficult, most of them are Typ N (Noseloader Jetway) and Typ T (T-Shaped Jetway). These are really difficult to handle in our Sim, because they are only 2-Way Jetways, most Airports are using 3-Way Jetways (much easier for us in the Simworld).

These jetways are only doing this ways:

Sq3BxvG.jpg

For the beginners with SODE:

(how to enable AI detection - use the Platform Manager - you'll find it in the Windows 10 Startmenu - SimObject Display Engine - Start Platform Manager)

ikZHzD6.jpg

And now some screenshots with my AI, I really love it (no Programm, everything is custom)

foqfTO9.jpg

gEKax5j.jpg

Exn2pxU.jpg

ApdWm3C.jpg

yS6PdWY.jpg

SGME4ZI.jpg

HNEoIC5.jpg

KbqAHaV.jpg

qCNwFHv.jpg

Bc7TZhM.jpg

kl9ateI.jpg

9ylIefO.jpg

OV92OHB.jpg

even at night:

molW1Zg.jpg

BNJ3ray.jpg

QtpRG0E.jpg

8kHfBBA.jpg

OjWop8Q.jpg

at Winter:

FtZkfZk.jpg

0IjQBkn.jpg

yyb36qs.jpg

KDyOmd5.jpg

This is from another Topic:

Hello Guys,

we are in the FS World. (Prepar3dv4 mostly) and things are different than in the real World.

Marcus has explained it really well in his thread how it works.

FTX ESSA 1.3 A brief guide on how to use the moving gates

Stockholm Arlanda is maybe the airport with the most Typ T and Typ N Jetways. These are the most difficult to adjust in the FS World. In the real World, mostly the Nose Gear or the First Door is used as reference point. So these jetways (2-Way Jetways) will working with nearly every Passenger Aircraft. In the FS World, the reference Point is mostly in the middle (or near the middle) of the aircraft (depends to the Developer and the aircraft.cfg). It will never work as in real, because an 737-900 is bigger than an 737-600. The door is much further from the reference point than in an 737-600. (the same for every other Aircraft, like 747-400 to the 747-800). Every Gate can be adjusted to one Aircraft (ok, sometimes 2 or 3 are working - 737-800 together with an A320), so it's impossible to expect, every Gate can be used with every aircraft without adjusting the parking position.

I've a lot of airports in my collection (Salt Lake City, Bergen, Puerto Plata, ... are using the same Typ of Jetways), so it's necessary to adjust you parking yourself after loading the scenery. When you load a flight with an 737-800 the Jetway maybe is working, when you load a flight with an 737-600 (SAS has some of these) you need to adjust. In my system I load the PMDG 737-600, the engines are running by default, im move it a little forward with the throttles, set the parking brake und load the Panel State I wan't (mostly engines off, apu or gpu running). That's the only way it works, in every scenery with this Typ of Jetways. Even on normal jetways (3-Way) you have sometimes to adjust the aircraft parking on some airports by moving. An 737-600 is much shorter than an 747-800. That's the limitation of the FS World, we have to accept.

And don't forget, you need the working Exit section in you aircraft.cfg.

ORBX and every other developer will it never get working  like in real life, it's still not possible. 

Thanks for reading and have fun with the new SODE Airports like me

Urmel 

Thanks. Yes I like it busy, empty skies are boring. My little navmap is looking like flight radar over Europe and the USA. Fun. 

Sode is new for some people here, and then these Essa jetways. Really difficult. Share this info, to get my little knowledge to the people, than they maybe will hopefully understand why Stockholm is working different. I appreciate that really. 

If I have time this evening, I'll make some ai shots from Misha s LDDU. 

Thanks 

Another vote of thanks to Urmel from me! I edited my SODE config and then went to KSAN, which has both SODE jetways and a heap of AI jet traffic that I'd added using AIG.

I followed an AI 737 after it landed and watched the jetway get triggered after it had parked at the gate. This may or may not have happened in the past (without SODE) as I've never bothered to look, but it was great to see.

BTW: that last "misty" shot is a beauty!!

Adam.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Adam, how and why do you edit the SODE config?  Is this something I should do?

You probably don't *need* to. It's just that I was intrigued by Urmel's first post (instructions are there). It was purely coincidental, as I was testing some AI that I'd added and the "Enable AI Traffic Detection" option caught my eye.

I was also checking that my SODE was working correctly, as some people have been reporting problems. Mine appears to be working fine :-)

Adam.

2 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

You probably don't *need* to. It's just that I was intrigued by Urmel's first post (instructions are there). It was purely coincidental, as I was testing some AI that I'd added and the "Enable AI Traffic Detection" option caught my eye.

I was also checking that my SODE was working correctly, as some people have been reporting problems. Mine appears to be working fine :-)

Adam.

Thanks Adam, I must have glossed right over that first post.

I have been away from my computer for two weeks, yes, horrible I know.  I have SODE but it has never worked for me, but now I will follow the instructions and try again.  But I was easily pleased by the old Control+J...sigh.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Adam, I must have glossed right over that first post.

Jack is only looking to pictures :-) 

If you have ai running and want to watch them docking, you need to enable this. 

No AI, you don't need to do this. 

Have fun, try SODE, enjoy

Urmel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived