Redding to wait for it...Weed

Jack Sawyer

So I decided to go for a nice fly-to-anywhere flight from Redding (KRDD).  I flew to a cool mountain, don't know the name, I should have used Little Nav Map, and landed at O46, a little out of the way place called Weed.

1Qj9JZi.jpg

p3VCGet.jpg

e3ZUWls.jpg

We have to overfly the airport to get to Weed, so some nice aerial views of Redding

SBDmSEk.jpg

bfZfKzF.jpg

4dyMwAf.jpg

kar3Q9j.jpg

Love that ski resort

dnrrIIQ.jpg

5JkHItq.jpg

OTYtxSh.jpg

K1QjeWt.jpg

kcom1RU.jpg

3JTQbZn.jpg

30 minutes ago, BradB said:

Shasta it is , and what a great way to end your flight Jack with a stop for some weed ; I mean at a place called Weed . :):D^-^:rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Great stuff Jack. T-Bone would have been over the moon if you "hadda took" him on that flight. Wow Dude he would've said.:wacko::blink::lol::D  

9 hours ago, BradB said:

Shasta it is , and what a great way to end your flight Jack with a stop for some weed ; I mean at a place called Weed . :):D^-^:rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Thanks John.  I pull weeds from the garden but don't indulge in that kind of weed.  A small glass of Merlot or Malbec is my limit.

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great stuff Jack. T-Bone would have been over the moon if you "hadda took" him on that flight. Wow Dude he would've said.:wacko::blink::lol::D  

Thanks Karl!  I think it would have been a great flight and T-Bone would have loved having control of the stick, who knows what he might have done.  Maybe fly under a bridge! :) 

14 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Great set Jack, it's all very sharp on the ground. This is another lovely area to fly in.

The problem is to decide where to go today in the sim...too much nice scenery. :lol:  

Thanks and I agree Andy, I have them all and it seems like too many choices but I'm not complaining.

Excellent shots Jack!!  When we make car trips from Washington down to the Bay Area, we always take Highway 5, and that airport sits right alongside of it.  The have a retired California Department of Forestry S-2 Tanker parked outside.

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Excellent shots Jack!!  When we make car trips from Washington down to the Bay Area, we always take Highway 5, and that airport sits right alongside of it.  The have a retired California Department of Forestry S-2 Tanker parked outside.

Thanks Chunk! How cool is that?  I love it!

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for that Martyn.  Interesting story.  I wonder how many of the other vintage bomber aircraft were threatened with destruction after 9/11.  A bit OTT in my view.

Archived