Couldn't contain my excitement

Jack Sawyer

At first I thought you did a Harrison Ford and landed on a taxiway . Nope , it was the runway ...... pretty narrow for your “fighter” Jack I would say . Great shots and piloting BTW !! . 

Cheers

John

38 minutes ago, BradB said:

At first I thought you did a Harrison Ford and landed on a taxiway . Nope , it was the runway ...... pretty narrow for your “fighter” Jack I would say . Great shots and piloting BTW !! . 

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Easy peasy for my F-737! :lol: And Harrison who?  Isn’t he in a galaxy far far away? :lol:

33 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I am sure the folks at Tyabb will now be calling for commercial ops from their local airport.:o

Exciting flying Jack and an even more impressive landing on that narrow strip.:lol:

A wonderful addition isn't it!:)

Thanks Martyn, the only people they’ll be calling are photographers! :) 

Yes, it’s real nice and can’t wait to make some normal flights here.  But boy do I wish there were more releases soon, I’d buy ‘em all!

18 minutes ago, musterpilot said:

Looks like you have that big bird down pat Jack great flying

John

Thanks John, seriously, I’ve been learning a lot of cool real world approaches in it with a friend in the IK who’s an instructor.  It helps that I worked these birds as an A&P too.  Gosh do I miss it :( 

Nice shots Jack

I was not aware of this new airport :wacko:

thanks for sowing it or should I say for showing it off? :D

I like the shots mainly the ones showing the plane on approch all the landing gear ones (great pilot) and of course the upside down from the cabin :) very Sawyer

Cheers mate

2 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Nice shots Jack

I was not aware of this new airport :wacko:

thanks for sowing it or should I say for showing it off? :D

I like the shots mainly the ones showing the plane on approch all the landing gear ones (great pilot) and of course the upside down from the cabin :) very Sawyer

Cheers mate

Thanks Carlos!  Those camera angles have always fascinated me, it goes way back to when NASA had cameras all over the plane.  

Holy cow Batman. That is some flying Jack. Nice airport indeed. Also your flying skills leave no time for sipping adult flavored beverages:P. Mebby I'll introduce them to the Mule Team:huh:. Well, I had a brief meeting and that was totally rejected:D. Well I tried.:rollmyeyes:

8 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Holy cow Batman. That is some flying Jack. Nice airport indeed. Also your flying skills leave no time for sipping adult flavored beverages:P. Mebby I'll introduce them to the Mule Team:huh:. Well, I had a brief meeting and that was totally rejected:D. Well I tried.:rollmyeyes:

Thanks Karl! The Mule Team made a wise decision :D

5 hours ago, TerryM said:

Tested in a way that could have only been Jack...... some great shots.

I'm not sure I'd want to do a cross wind landing in the 737 there though...... there wasn't a lot of room to spare on that runway :D 

Thanks Terry!  I agree, it was tough enough, I just wanted to see if it could be done :D

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, seriously, I’ve been learning a lot of cool real world approaches in it with a friend in the IK who’s an instructor.  It helps that I worked these birds as an A&P too.  Gosh do I miss it :( 

Eh....did your instructor learned you to land on very narrow rwy's and he also learned you to set 100 IAS on the MCP?

I like those teachers....:)

Just now, Sundancer said:

Eh....did your instructor learned you to land on very narrow rwy's and he also learned you to set 100 IAS on the MCP?

I like those teachers....:)

I didn’t set anything up at all.  Just 1/3 fuel and empty Payload.  Everything else was ignored and hand flown like a Cessna 182 ;) 

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I didn’t set anything up at all.  Just 1/3 fuel and empty Payload.  Everything else was ignored and hand flown like a Cessna 182 ;) 

Ok...I really thought for a moment the 100 IAS was set by you. In that case you passed the exam :rollmyeyes:

Archived