Need to make more flights

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, JMBIII said:

Again, upside-down in a non-yellow !   

How much rain and wind did you get earlier ?

Thanks JMB.

Torrential flooding. This place is a mess.

Some trees down but still have power.

The winds were very strong all night and we had a tornado that tossed debris up to 10,000 feet.

It has passed us now but it was thrilling to say the least.  I haven't had a chance to look at the trees on my property.

The park where I hike will be closed for who knows how long as it's deep underwater now.

It rained so hard for so long I really don't know how many inches we got but it was a torrent like I said.

2 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

I went through few Hurricanes when I lived in the Houston Area so I know what you are talking about.   I enjoyed your flight, great shots and scenery!!!!!!

Thanks John!  It’s supposed to be sunny later today but everything is soaked 

Was that flights or frights Jack.:o

Some nifty flying, I would like to do more too but it never all seems to come together.:(

I really like that last frame, that strip looks so peaceful in the evening light.:D

Glad to hear you made it through Michael.;)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Was that flights or frights Jack.:o

Some nifty flying, I would like to do more too but it never all seems to come together.:(

I really like that last frame, that strip looks so peaceful in the evening light.:D

Glad to hear you made it through Michael.;)

Thanks Martyn.  I am so hoping to make some kind of flight today, any kind.  Been so busy it's not funny. 

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. Glad to hear you have made it through without injury or major destruction of property. Hope the aftermath cleanup goes well......And thanks for the nice shots.

Thanks Rodger, some flooding in parts, a few tornadoes not near us, but some people have been devastated.  It was extremely windy all night and it was raining buckets all night long, heavy hard non-stop rain.

These  shots look fantastic Jack , I looked at Brown field and you got over 6 inches of rain plus 30+ mph winds . And you were not even near Michael's path when he passed you to the SE of your area . I wonder how Augusta National Golf club fared with this storm . They were right in Michael's path as it headed for the Carolina's last night . The video's of the Mexico Beach area are really breathtaking to look at ; truly hand of God destruction for sure .

Cheers

John

10 hours ago, BradB said:

These  shots look fantastic Jack , I looked at Brown field and you got over 6 inches of rain plus 30+ mph winds . And you were not even near Michael's path when he passed you to the SE of your area . I wonder how Augusta National Golf club fared with this storm . They were right in Michael's path as it headed for the Carolina's last night . The video's of the Mexico Beach area are really breathtaking to look at ; truly hand of God destruction for sure .

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Yeah, we got such a downpour it was amazing, never seen anything like it.  I feel sorry for all those people who lost everything, nature is amazing and I don't think we'll have the technology for centuries to control it.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:18 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Rodger, some flooding in parts, a few tornadoes not near us, but some people have been devastated.  It was extremely windy all night and it was raining buckets all night long, heavy hard non-stop rain.

Luckily it is all over now and Michael is back on the Atlantic and heading for Europe. I inspected the long term weather forcasts but no harm is to be expected in our regions.

I hope your hiking bushes will be dried soon.

6 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Luckily it is all over now and Michael is back on the Atlantic and heading for Europe. I inspected the long term weather forcasts but no harm is to be expected in our regions.

I hope your hiking bushes will be dried soon.

Park is drying but it was under four feet of water and the temps and humidity have plummeted.  

Archived