If at first you dont succeed

VH-KDK

Try again!

In my continuing quest for installing Barkly Downs and the other Northern Queensland freebies.

1.YlLasnX.jpg

A second try in the Seminole but still nothing. I will tinker some more.

2.dOQLzOK.jpg

Now leaving Mt Isa for a third time in the magnificent Invader.

3.UnBhJMx.jpg

After 30 odd miles of desert some tree appear in the distance and soon I have found what I was looking for.

4.QabJk6Q.jpg

A different kind of bush flying from those up in the northern hemispherical, miles of flat red desert and searing blue skies.

5.1xKdMjU.jpg

Wide open nothing, the beauty of Outback Australia. Not forgetting the dust that permeates everywhere and the millions of very friendly flies.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very good shots Martyn but for the life of me I can't understand how people can actually live there!

As you can see Jack, not many do. I hope Martyn had full tanks, I don't see a fuel bowser anywhere, and it'll be a long wait for a truck :D 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:24 PM, Bermuda425 said:

Help me information! This looks unique for the plane and landscape go well together I think!

Thanks Erik, thousands of kilometres of sand and scrub over here.:o

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, Aussieflyer38 said:

Yep looks spot on Ozzie outback Martyn. As they say, so hot you can fry an egg on the ground.:lol: Must have had long range tanks in that baby. ;)

Don

Thanks Don, the eggs were fried when I broke the shells!:o

Plenty of tanks in the Invader but I wont let on what they were filled with.;)

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very good shots Martyn but for the life of me I can't understand how people can actually live there!

Thanks Jack, not many of them do. 

Apart from North Shepparton it is one of the most desolate places on earth!:o

18 hours ago, BradB said:

Boy those Orbx HD trees sure look nice , maybe someday Orbx will have HD sagebrush also . :huh::rolleyes:B):lol:

Cheers

John

Had I flown for another 5 minutes I would have come to the Sequoia forest next to the Inland Sea that Burke and Wills were looking for.:wacko:

18 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

As you can see Jack, not many do. I hope Martyn had full tanks, I don't see a fuel bowser anywhere, and it'll be a long wait for a truck :D 

Amazing Don as I echoed your words to Jack before I read this!:D

If I need fuel I will fly back and load a couple of 44s.:blink:

15 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Martyn.  Unless you have lived in truly flat, featureless territory, you can't really understand  its attraction. But once you have spent some years in such openness, everything else feels crowded.

I did a bus trip to the red centre in the early 80s. We stopped in the middle of nowhere for tea and I took a photo. One German asked me why I took the photo as there was nothing there.

I said, "exactly!":D

I loved it and when we got  back to Bourke 10 days later I felt I was back in Melbourne!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Anthin Delahunt said:

Great set of shots Martyn.

Keep a lookout for idiots running

over Emus.

Anthin...Feeling hot just looking at those pics.:blink:

My guns are cocked and ready if I spot any of them Anthin!:o

Only 6°C in the GV this morning, I am looking at them too.:lol:

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Sundancer said:

To me it is very difficult to understand how people can live there.....(said by a person who lives in a country with a population density of 411 / km2)

One good thing is that you can have your stereo blaring, full volume day or night!:lol:

Mind you that doesn't stop some of the folks that live in town here either.:banghead:

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

One good thing is that you can have your stereo blaring, full volume day or night!:lol:

Mind you that doesn't stop some of the folks that live in town here either.:banghead:

I hate blaring stereo's, even if I was the very last person on Earth....>:(

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I hate blaring stereo's, even if I was the very last person on Earth....>:(

I don't mind so much if I can hear the music but all I usually hear is the thudding of the bass like someone continuously swinging a dead cat against an empty ply box.:lol::banghead::o

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

That looks like the essence of OZx bush flying. Red & great.

Not too much in one day Gerold as the miles of never ending red sand eventually loose their appeal.:lol:

These are nicely spaced and will give me a chance to try out a different long forgotten plane on each leg......hopefully.:unsure:

Archived