I forgot my destination again!

Jack Sawyer

This Bonanza, I have to tell you, it has to be the most fun plane to fly in P3D for me yet.  It's so perfect, it looks awesome and it's just a joy.

So is Valdez.  In my zeal I forgot my destination, I do know it was 45 miles away over the mountains near the coast and the scenery was amazing.  When I topped the mountains and started my descent into the plains area I was blown away at how beautiful it was.  Sorry for so many.

OeLZI2b.jpg

riQDqHC.jpg

JdtsZsA.jpg

Qx9nE36.jpg

Tp9vMVX.jpg

Just look at those autumn trees!

0VUvdUR.jpg

The sky closed up on me so I cheated and turned off AS4, glad I did because it was so scenic.

GHFOxi5.jpg

zIt7etA.jpg

v6twSuH.jpg

VH9XMPn.jpg

jfytUqL.jpg

VUsN4vj.jpg

HMMZAMC.jpg

GXGNDS6.jpg

Coming around for an ILS 27 landing.

IFLnmmp.jpg

suzgytH.jpg

1VaAxH2.jpg

OtVkOn7.jpg

kEjbDNi.jpg

jUcDQIq.jpg

hcEwbp6.jpg

AvL7p46.jpg

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images Jack and how often do we have to turn off AS to get to see the scenery.

Just goes to show how good it is at replicating the weather.

The Bonanza looks top class as well.

Thanks Martyn, I agree, sometimes I don't mind weather but when it's just all clouds it's not fun till you land, if you can land.

20 minutes ago, BradB said:

Well at least you landed at another Orbx airport Jack so the trip is far from a failure . And may I also say that these shots are incredible , well done my friend . :rolleyes::D:)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I appreciate it, this plane is so much fun, it really is different.  It has character.

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Looks like Cordova was your destination.  Spent some quality time there on temporary assignment.  Some of Alaska's finer scenery as seen in your shots and the salmon fishing around there is more than satisfactory.

Thanks OND!  I think that was it.  It's so beautiful in P3D, they did an amazing job in Alaska.  Are there still salmon there?

6 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Not one image too much here, Jack. The autumn colours are amazing, and never can I get enough about some rough, rugged mountains.

Thanks Lars, I agree, I love how Orbx designed the different seasons, it really is something to look forward to.

4 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Love those shots Jack.That entire area

is one of my favourite stomping grounds.

Nice little aircraft.

Anthin.

Thanks Anthin! I can't agree more, it was one of my first areas.  I used to fly a lot in that FS Economy but that's been a while now.  Me and a friend had a virtual FBO in Alaska.

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Welcome to my favorite orbx area to fly in. But do not turn off AS or "real time" flying. It adds more beauty of the "real" world. Bye the bye old T-Bone and I forget our destinations sometimes too:rolleyes::D

Thanks Karl!  It's easy to forget the destination when you're enjoying yourself.  As for AS4, well, I wouldn't have any shots to post as it was so socked in, but with the weather off I got to see some real beauty.

14 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Magnificient shots over a brilliant scenery, Jack.

I wished I could turn of AS4 here in Scotland, but our scenery is reality....rain and cloudy, but that's Scotland.

Nevertheless, having a good time here.

Thanks Fred.  Wish I could BE in Scotland, it's been way too hot here with no signs of autumn weather.  The leaves are falling and turning color but still ridiculously hot and humid.

29 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Fred.  Wish I could BE in Scotland, it's been way too hot here with no signs of autumn weather.  The leaves are falling and turning color but still ridiculously hot and humid.

But luckily no harm from Florence, I suppose ?

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OND!  I think that was it.  It's so beautiful in P3D, they did an amazing job in Alaska.  Are there still salmon there?

Reports from my son and other fishing buddies say that they're biting at the sinkers again this year.

49 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

You have hit the v-key too often Jack, even the plane has taken some footprint of that.

Over the hills should really be Cordova, as @olderndirt has suspected as well. We´ll send the Mule service team for your rescue!

The Cordova airport (PACV) is at mile 13 of the old highway that ran out to the 'Million Dollar Bridge' - built by the Kennicott copper folks in 1910 but closed after the '64 quake.  It's named after Merle "Mudhole" Smith - early bush pilot and founder of what become Cordova Airlnes, eventually merging with today's Alaska Airlines.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

You have hit the v-key too often Jack, even the plane has taken some footprint of that.

Over the hills should really be Cordova, as @olderndirt has suspected as well. We´ll send the Mule service team for your rescue!

Thanks Gerold but I don't understand what you mean the plane has taken some footprint?

39 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

The Cordova airport (PACV) is at mile 13 of the old highway that ran out to the 'Million Dollar Bridge' - built by the Kennicott copper folks in 1910 but closed after the '64 quake.  It's named after Merle "Mudhole" Smith - early bush pilot and founder of what become Cordova Airlnes, eventually merging with today's Alaska Airlines.

Excellent OND!  Many thanks for this, I love real world info when it pertains to our flights!

Archived