Freeware airport requests

I would love to see KCOI - Merritt Island Florida done. The current airport looks absolutely nothing like the real thing.
If you would like I can provide up to date pictures of the entire airport to help in the development process. 

Look in the Community Scenery Addons Forum. There is a version of Calgary there. Make sure you use the latest version. It was designed to work with the NA region scenery but works ok with default although there are a couple of odd ground textures.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Pete Wilcox said:

Would absolutely love having UT68 added.  I believe it's called Cavemen's Ranch now.  There's not much there except a building and few planes but it's not positioned correctly in default and on mine the runway actually extends into the Colorado River.

Looks like one adventurous airstrip.

• Upvote 1

Nice, a clip from my buddies TV show. :)

Yeah I would love all that area to have super high res mesh and photo textures (with proper vegetation added so it's not "flat")... Canyonlands, Arches, Zion... so many more.  Seeing the hoodoo's from the air would be sweet.

From the sounds of the default airport this would be great to get a little love.  Although a lot of love might be even better. ;)

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2016 at 0:25 AM, Dean95c said:

I would love to see KCOI - Merritt Island Florida done. The current airport looks absolutely nothing like the real thing.
If you would like I can provide up to date pictures of the entire airport to help in the development process. 

+1

While I'm thinking of Florida airports, KMTH in Marathon, FL would be great.   

And thanks for adding KLXV to the Janurary package!  I just installed it and it's awesome!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm delighted to see SBTR made it in - many thanks!  I had an (unintended) break from flying, so only noticed it recently.

I'm enjoying OLC CanAk, and have a few suggestions for there before the USA floodgates open:

CYRL - Red Lake.  The Norseman Capital of the World, with an annual fly-in. The airfield is a little north of town, and there's a water aerodrome right next to town.

CYGL - La Grande Riviere.  Near a major hydro project, it's an excellent jumping-off point for visiting Hudson's Bay and the Canadian Arctic.

CYDM - Ross River. At the start of the northern Canol road, a gorgeous VFR route through the mountains.  Just north of the SAK region.

PAKN - King Salmon.  A gateway to Katmai NP, and a useful site for travelling down the Aleutians.

And one more in South America:

SCTE - Puerto Montt.  Situated between two of Chile's most scenic regions - the Lake District to the north, and the Fjords to the south.  Volcanoes round about too.

5 hours ago, jabble said:

I'm delighted to see SBTR made it in - many thanks!  I had an (unintended) break from flying, so only noticed it recently.

I'm enjoying OLC CanAk, and have a few suggestions for there before the USA floodgates open:

CYRL - Red Lake.  The Norseman Capital of the World, with an annual fly-in. The airfield is a little north of town, and there's a water aerodrome right next to town.

CYGL - La Grande Riviere.  Near a major hydro project, it's an excellent jumping-off point for visiting Hudson's Bay and the Canadian Arctic.

CYDM - Ross River. At the start of the northern Canol road, a gorgeous VFR route through the mountains.  Just north of the SAK region.

PAKN - King Salmon.  A gateway to Katmai NP, and a useful site for travelling down the Aleutians.

And one more in South America:

SCTE - Puerto Montt.  Situated between two of Chile's most scenic regions - the Lake District to the north, and the Fjords to the south.  Volcanoes round about too.

Great suggestions! You hit the spot with the US floodgates :lol:

Edited by Bermuda425

On 2/4/2016 at 9:47 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Hey folks,

KRKD, Knox County Regional Airport, Rockland, Maine, USA

KIWI, Wiscasset Airport, Wiscasset, Maine, USA

(with lots of static aircraft as in Google Maps :)) would be great.

Greetings!

I second these. KRKD is also home to a first class transportation museum and restortion facility plus being on the good old rock bound coast of Maine.

Greg

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi gppilot7

Lantana airport, I need more info as I can't find it.  Try providing an ICAO name, I can always find that.

@ofek, - X09, small airpark, VERY small airpark!!

Cheers, Neil

prety sure that the code is KLNA.Btw is x09 too small?

Edited by ofek shaltiel 45

Hi ofek,

KLNA is Palm Beach County Park, certainly doable, I'll put it on the list.  X09 is awfully small, is there a particular reason you'd like it?  JV has me somewhat limited to how many freeware airports I can submit every 3 months and for our users sake I'd like to do one's that might have more universal interest.

Cheers, Neil

1 hour ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi ofek,

KLNA is Palm Beach County Park, certainly doable, I'll put it on the list.  X09 is awfully small, is there a particular reason you'd like it?  JV has me somewhat limited to how many freeware airports I can submit every 3 months and for our users sake I'd like to do one's that might have more universal interest.

Cheers, Neil

well never mind about x09 how about  KEYQ decently sized airport in houston maybe just to make the houston region have 4 orbx strips

I would like to see KIOB , Mt. Sterling, KY.  A general aviation airport in east central Kentucky. 5000ft runway. I should be able to get access to airport for photos if needed. 

Edited by shaneb

I sort of requested this one In post 42 a while back, I'll try again ;) would love to see some NWT float bases such as 4 mile lake float base in Fort Smith ( if you look at Fort Smith NWT on google earth and head south down Pine lake road you can see the lake with the float base)

or Yellowknife float base would be a beauty too.

Love what you guys have done so far, these packs are really great!! :)

4 hours ago, shaneb said:

I would like to see KIOB , Mt. Sterling, KY.  A general aviation airport in east central Kentucky. 5000ft runway. I should be able to get access to airport for photos if needed. 

Kentucky indeed needs some attention as only Louisville has been done so far.

• Upvote 1