Three in a row

Stillwater

Germany, Austria and Switzerland are quickly connected by plane, and luckily some parts of all 3 are already depicted in GES. The rest needs to come with Orbx full-fat or TrueEarth "Alp country pack" (oh what a dream...) :rollmyeyes:.
Getting ready in my favourite lounge in Zurich airport, at terminal E. 

NMgB2vc.jpg

A brilliant place to see the pilots working...

PwE9PCU.jpg

... and if you turn around some other desires can also be satisfied. All free, btw.

LwYpATB.jpg

But no drinks, let´s go!

uwSzufV.jpg

Crossing the Rhine...

lyAw3zw.jpg

... to Schaffhausen and its waterfall.

QqEBhpG.jpg

Just over the border to Germany there is Konstanz (left in this picture) ...

drjK7Dv.jpg

... and Mainau, the flower isle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainau

BCCDBAF.jpg

Meersburg with its beautiful castle...

NdC6mGV.jpg

... and Friedrichshafen, Home of the Dornier aircraft works and the Zeppelin factory. And, as a result of this, a remarkably big airfield. I am sure you all are aware of the world´s first airline DELAG, who were running the 236 m-long https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZ_127_Graf_Zeppelin . As well as you remember the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dornier_Do_X , the largest and heaviest aircraft of its time. 

A8eSHIN.jpg

Across Langenargen...

cZ3yCGd.jpg

... and Wasserburg...

nAUTsu2.jpg

... to Lindau. The squared builing on the left (next to the ships) is the Inselhalle where the annual Nobel laureates meetings take place. Students from all over the world are invited to that event - which is an amazing inspiration. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindau_Nobel_Laureate_Meetings 

kclSXYM.jpg

Oj8nRNi.jpg

Now we enter Austria and jump up the Pfänder mountain, which shows a fantastic view of the Lake Constance.

7sBDAwi.jpg

Back into Germany at Oberstdorf, host of one of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Hills_Tournament ski jump events. No cheating with the weather today.

ZJgyVn4.jpg

w4tIzrY.jpg

The magnificent photoreality of the Allgäu alps.

0VfxqYK.jpg

xvlxnCF.jpg

QNcRBNS.jpg

Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles, without AsianTouristFlow...

sxWfmFg.jpg

... and into Oberpfaffenhofen, which really looks like cities of this size in southern Germany. BTW, a fantastic place to get instructions from p3d´s ATC. "Oberpfaffenhofen tower for Cessna delta lima romeo"...

UNIaZ6H.jpg

ndtYZbC.jpg

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Highly immersive set as usual Gerold with some splendid views.

Great RL photos, it was interesting to compare the first two images. 

Some very absorbing  info too.:)

Thank you very much, Martyn. For the optimum comparison I should have spent more time and shift the camera a bit. And adjust the weather... But still it can be recognized quite nicely.

21 hours ago, jean marc said:

great selection...Ben Riach 18 years old is maybe the best...of course speaking about 3rd shot :ph34r:

Oh, I did not know the Ben Riach. I chose the Auchentoshan triple wood :blink:.

19 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great tour Gerold, it is so nice to know what we are looking at.  And excellent shots!!!!!!

Thank you John. The scenery was sometimes astonishing.

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Gerold!  I like those real life shots especially free drinks.  Now that's living.  That Zurich, is that Orbx?  I like it.

You always get free drinks only when you are not in a situation where you can allow to get drunk...

The simmed Zurich is 3rd party. So good that we don´t need orbx to waste their time on it...

14 hours ago, Chunk said:

Great shots, and number three is my favorite. ;)

I think I can understand your reasons for this choice, Chunk.

13 hours ago, adambar said:

First rate shots and tour Gerold, well done! :)

Thank you Adam!

12 hours ago, macca22au said:

Gerold a great series; and Jeanmarc I have not tried the Ben Riach so shall do so (soon). I love good advice.

Thank for the compliment Ian. And now we have a common task... :D

8 hours ago, Ray Farrugia said:

Nice shots Gerold. #3 seems to be getting some traction. Free! wow

I'm a LaPhroig man myself - couldn't quite see it there unless someone has sharper eyes:)

double cheers

Ray, don´t you worry: The left area of the display is Speyside. The second one Lowlands. Islay comes in the 3rd window. You can see 2 Laphroigs in the middle level of the 3rd to left window. Impressive series of 4 Bowmores above them as well. Cheers.

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thanks for another great tour. My boss lives in Konstanz, perhaps you can wave her and tell her what for a fantastic employee I am? :D But the best thing of your report is the free liquor at LSZH! Incredible!!

I tried to wave her, but she was probably only waiting for the noise of your mighty GE90s.

Perhaps one should plan a day off in that lounge. But who would really do so?

On 9/6/2018 at 11:10 PM, jean marc said:

not easy to say :lol:

Exactly. Just imagine the sound of the computer´s voice with this word :D!

On 9/6/2018 at 11:48 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Great story, as always, Gerold. My one question is whether or not ORBX is going to have to install a Breathalizer to monitor future flights? :P

Thank you Rodger. Even though the views on the scenery are already breathtaking, simming brings at least some relaxation to these seconds when you fly in the mountains and see nothing because of the clouds!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! A very interesting and informative flight :)

Thanks Paul!

On 9/6/2018 at 8:21 PM, Stillwater said:

Ben Riach 18 years old

for information , not about the plane :D : "Perfectly balanced winter warmer.

NoseA harmonious blend of fat, heavy peat smoke and Christmas market. Pickled oranges, dark red fruits with a hint of acidity and spices like cinnamon and clove mix under the wall of smoldering, aromatic smoke. The PX Sherry forms a sweet counterpoint to the spice.

Taste:strong onset, but less the smoke in the foreground, as much sweet sherry freight. Oranges, apricots and fully ripe pears mix with aromatic nuts (pecan and walnut), plus a herbale bitterness (not disturbing).

Finish : In the finish more spicy, bitter chocolate and dry campfire smoke remain behind." :wub:  :P

38 minutes ago, jean marc said:

for information , not about the plane :D : "Perfectly balanced winter warmer.

NoseA harmonious blend of fat, heavy peat smoke and Christmas market. Pickled oranges, dark red fruits with a hint of acidity and spices like cinnamon and clove mix under the wall of smoldering, aromatic smoke. The PX Sherry forms a sweet counterpoint to the spice.

Taste:strong onset, but less the smoke in the foreground, as much sweet sherry freight. Oranges, apricots and fully ripe pears mix with aromatic nuts (pecan and walnut), plus a herbale bitterness (not disturbing).

Finish : In the finish more spicy, bitter chocolate and dry campfire smoke remain behind." :wub:  :P

That sounds good... I should have posted this earlier while still standing in Zurich :rollmyeyes:!

Archived