Bella Coola to Denny Island

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

You plane, that is easy to see. I never knew Denny Island, have to use a map now...

Thanks Gerold, I have to thank Buffy for this beautiful repaint, you know I like yellow, I don't know why but I do.  :D  Denny island was a close enough place on the GTN so I flew to it.  I love doing this with the GTN, I find something close by and discover it.

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Tower, November One Eight Two Jack Sawyer ready for takeoff! :lol:, yes that's me in the yellow plane!  Grand little flight Jack, do they have a Denny's Restaurant on Denny Island? :D

The first thing I thought of Roger was Denny's Restaurant in Ringwood, which we used to head for after a game of indoor football back in the 80s. 

I am sure they all went chips up here in Oz!

10 hours ago, olderndirt said:

The flying safety jacket airborne again.  Not a big fan of that color but it will make wreckage easy to spot :lol:.

Um, thanks, I guess OND.  Seems a lot of people don't like my yellow.  I could ask someone do repaint for me of an invisible plane :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Tower, November One Eight Two Jack Sawyer ready for takeoff! :lol:, yes that's me in the yellow plane!  Grand little flight Jack, do they have a Denny's Restaurant on Denny Island? :D

Thanks Roger!  I didn't see one but they might.  I never ate at one of them so I have no idea what they serve.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set of summery images here Jack.

It wont look as bright and green as this in a few weeks though.

Thanks Martyn.  But that's what makes it so real.  I love when I have AS4 on and it starts to snow and I look at my free weather app on my phone and see snow at the exact same location.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The first thing I thought of Roger was Denny's Restaurant in Ringwood, which we used to head for after a game of indoor football back in the 80s. 

I am sure they all went chips up here in Oz!

I haven’t been there a bunch, but few times for the breakfast menu.  They are still going strong around here!  Jacks post just brought it to the front of my little pea brain! :D

58 minutes ago, ozboater said:

Great shots, and a great Cessna paint.

Truly evocative pics, thanks Jack.

Thank you kind sir!  Buffy Foster was most gracious to paint this for me and I really enjoy it.  And the mountain valleys around Bella Coola are a real treat.

Archived