San Diego to Palm Springs. Sunny California

29 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Excellent, and how's the handicap?

Thanks Ian!  I wish, I've unfortunately never had the chance to play golf, I wish I could but wouldn't even know where to begin.  I used to play Tiger Woods Golf on my Xbox so I know the rules.  But now it's a moot point as I can't lift heavy things and I think a golf bag is pretty heavy. :( 

23 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight Jack!!!!!!  Nice plane, great scenery, really enjoyed it.

Thanks John!  First real flight heading up to the PNW.  Started in San Diego and I'm gonna hit every ORbx airport on the way to Washington state.

Was that KSAN you departed from Jack? If so, on your travels to Palm Springs, just about everything you flew over was the area I grew up. I was all over the place from Palm Springs to LA to San Diego in my youth, at the beach, in the mountains,  out in the desert. That whole area was my playground :) Nice set of shots on this little journey.

18 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Was that KSAN you departed from Jack? If so, on your travels to Palm Springs, just about everything you flew over was the area I grew up. I was all over the place from Palm Springs to LA to San Diego in my youth, at the beach, in the mountains,  out in the desert. That whole area was my playground :) Nice set of shots on this little journey.

Yep, KSAN Landon.  Well you grew up in a wonderfully beautiful my friend, I'm envious!

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yep, KSAN Landon.  Well you grew up in a wonderfully beautiful my friend, I'm envious!

It's a lot different now Jack, you're not missing anything. Time has not been nice to the area, I'm afraid. Nevertheless, it still looks pretty good in the sim :) 

Really nice tour Jack ...I like particulary the beautiful palm trees on the first shots

... and the mountain relief at the end - in fact close to Josuah Tree NP with is really beautiful (and hot these months also during the night)

Just now, jean marc said:

Really nice tour Jack ...I like particulary the beautiful palm trees on the first shots

... and the mountain relief at the end - in fact close to Josuah Tree NP with is really beautiful (and hot these months also during the night)

Thanks Jean Marc!  They're beautiful aren't they?  I love palm trees.  We have a few here but not many. I'd love to visit that park someday.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class set Jack, those mountains come up really well.:)

Very impressive over the built up areas too, I had to keep pausing the other day for my old PC to catch up!:lol:

Thanks Martyn, I did get a pause once, ten very long seconds. :o

some pictures taken in 2016 :rolleyes: ... I hope you will like them in complement of your before last one shot...it is really the colors of the mountains and so amazing trees (maybe one day in ftx !)

iaq9cM6.jpg

sckSfdT.jpg

RWzOd7Z.jpg

and Bear Bear Lake

1vvjv3G.jpg

Very nice pictures :-)  I especially like the airport map on the inst panel 4th picture... how does that get there?  Looks like an A2A Cessna.  I don't use that plane much, can't get the auto-pilot to work, I just stick with the default fsx Cessna, works like a charm.

2 minutes ago, oldsailer2 said:

Very nice pictures :-)  I especially like the airport map on the inst panel 4th picture... how does that get there?  Looks like an A2A Cessna.  I don't use that plane much, can't get the auto-pilot to work, I just stick with the default fsx Cessna, works like a charm.

Thanks oldsailor!  That’s A2A’s 182 with Flight1’s GTN750, life wouldn’t be the same for me without it.  Besides Orbx being #1 this Garmin is #2.

Archived