Landon, success!

Landon, @Sniper31 I made the flight from KSAN to Catalina with AS4 on and the weather was dense clouds so flew below it, used the A2A Cherokee, and maxed out sliders.  I had two spots over the ocean where it paused for like three seconds, I waited for a crash but it went right on about its business.  And I did it at dusk.  Lovely flight.

ZNpN8c0.jpg

0egtwNq.jpg

XOwzt4U.jpg

Uz2w2ir.jpg

0AQouXI.jpg

nqNH54E.jpg

zGgXnkA.jpg

l7bRKKt.jpg

uyo5c68.jpg

0GQWIdB.jpg

jBEiJTS.jpg

GkmHScw.jpg

RU3wGq9.jpg

Eft5A0s.jpg

XURPsBa.jpg

YPaeg2X.jpg

FKNJt0b.jpg

FeKHnvB.jpg

qNC2fLL.jpg

:wub:

g5bayGf.jpg

Sorry for so many, I was in an exuberant mood. :) 

1 minute ago, Hangar24 said:

Jack you're going to make me upgrade my machine with tales like this.  Nice shots!

:D Oopsie, I hope I don't make you do that! Glad you liked the shots, it was a terrific experience on a 50 inch monitor.

A super set Jack and I am glad your flight went without a hitch.:D

I can remember when I first got P3D and I was not used to a pause and the continuation of the flight.:huh:

In FSX a pause with the blue circle was immediately followed by a crash. :angry:

For me an early termination is a rarity although getting 30fps at KSAN is unheard of!:o

4 hours ago, jean marc said:

really beautiful flight ... and I noticed you had a date ... in red :P

Thanks Jean Marc!  Yes, the lovely and gracious Lady In Red.  Orbx's very nice "eye candy".  Very pleasing to look at.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A super set Jack and I am glad your flight went without a hitch.:D

I can remember when I first got P3D and I was not used to a pause and the continuation of the flight.:huh:

In FSX a pause with the blue circle was immediately followed by a crash. :angry:

For me an early termination is a rarity although getting 30fps at KSAN is unheard of!:o

Thanks Martyn, I was that way on this flight, two semi-long pauses and I was waiting for it to quit but it was brilliant, I love dit and Orbx never looked so good as it Dows now in 4K and on a big screen, I'm very fortunate.

3 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super flights and shots Jack!!!!!!  Also nice approach and landing at the end.

Thanks John!  It got a little squirrely there because I was trying to fly in spot view, I simple have to learn to take landing shots in instant replay but I seldom use it.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic views of the pacific, the weather and other treasures, Jack!

I can understand why there were stutters on the last 3 shots.

Thanks Gerold!  I was really impressed with it, no REX.  It won't install no matter what I do so I'm gonna live without it.  So all I have is PTA for colors, ASCA is only for clouds, not sky colors.

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Makes flying a lot more fun when you can complete a flight without the dreaded blue screen. :D  Fantastic shots Jack, i'm glad everything is working properly for you! :)

Thanks Adam!  Couldn't agree more.  It really is nice to have the hardware to do what I want to do now.  But when you see a pause you immediately think, oh no, but I think it comes from the past experiences with 32-bit.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Jack! Good to see it working so well for you! :)

Thanks Paul, I have been most fortunate!

4 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Fantastic set Jack!

Thanks Dolf, appreciate it my friend. Been a long time since you've been here.

Amazing dusk shots, Jack with a wonderful blueish atmosphere and look to them. But... 

On 5/31/2018 at 4:05 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

FeKHnvB.jpg

...you were too late. She's already waiting for an hour at the gate...

qNC2fLL.jpg

...now looking madly into another direction...

g5bayGf.jpg

"Look at that! This guy fetched his girlfriend already an hour ago!! Grrrr!"

Archived