How good is Bill Womack? This good...

KVUO is the field I fly out of, to say I have been waiting for this release is the understatement of the past few years.

I just wanted to post a pic I snapped while refueling so you all can compare Bill's work with the real thing...

DSCF0993.thumb.jpg.1ac8be54c4ddcb545150994586b56a5a.jpg

IMG_3353.thumb.jpg.83bec29db7b44ef9e42c1dcdf38f52a5.jpg

Amazing work as always Bill.

50 minutes ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Where's the flower bush and the palette leaning against the light pole? Great work Bill, nailed it again.

The guy on the bike moved the pallet, and the bush was due to an overzealous gardener :D

That is an awesome comparison shot, thanks for sharing the pic Mark.  You're a lucky guy to be flying out of that field too ;).

Cheers,

Just amazing this comparison between RL and scenery.
I do like the rusted edges on the "Respect our...." box.

Cheers Fred
Yes, it is also great that the words on this box are the same in RL and Orbx! I really like Orbx's attention to detail.
Caleb-The plane in the photo is a Grumman AA-5B Tiger.
Neat, thanks!

I must have spent too much time with this airport lately. My first reaction on seeing your RL shot was "wait - they changed from Air BP to EPIC? Dammit!" LOL Thanks for posting the shots.

I guess you need to change those textures and release a service pack! [emoji2]

Bill, I think you can hold off on the service pack.

That photo was taken 5 years ago. I was only looking for photos that matched the screenshots on the ORBX page and that one jumped out.   I didn’t even notice the Epic/BP logo change. Sorry if I caused a moment of panic!

Bill, I think you can hold off on the service pack.

That photo was taken 5 years ago. I was only looking for photos that matched the screenshots on the ORBX page and that one jumped out.   I didn’t even notice the Epic/BP logo change. Sorry if I caused a moment of panic!
Oh that makes sense that is was taken 5 years ago. [emoji846]
The changed it from Epic to air BP not air BP to Epic. [emoji2]

Sorry Bill but your relief is going to be short lived. I just checked to be sure and the current sign and the pump have the Epic logo not AirBP. Your photo recon trip must have been before I snapped that photo in June of 2013.

If you ever do a service pack can you put the 10-12 foot hedge between the Fred Meyer parking lot and that building with the blue roof at the east end of the runway? In real life you can’t really see into the Fred Meyer parking lot from the runway because of that hedge and the small hill between the threshold and the blue building. I remember the old flight zone scenery had the hill modeled but you could drive under it. I’m guessing it was a hack.

Oh no, poor Bill. Back to the stress of having a inaccurate logo! But really, who cares about a logo, not us. You really have nothing to worry about Bill, you did a great job on this scenery. One logo is not a big deal, really. It's just something to maybe change when you get bored and have no other airports to develop. [emoji846]

Trust me, I don’t care one bit about the logo. I’m just so glad to finally have such an amazing representation of my home area. The ability to have the real visual cues for pattern work is so nice.

And Bill if you want total KVUO realism you’ll need to model the fuel pump at KSPB because that’s where most folks fuel up, it’s cheaper. (Shhh, that’s a secret)

Still hoping for Tillamook ;-)

Oh, I'd love to do Tillamook at some point. Talk about character! I love that enormous blimp hangar.
That would be great!! It won't be long until every airport in the Pacific Northwest will be done by Orbx!
Have you co considered doing KKLS Longview? The one enhanced with PNW is very nice, and I have flown there many times, but a full featured payware would be great!

5 minutes ago, curt1 said:

This scenery looks like a must buy.  Can someone comment if it has sounds as many of his others do?

No sounds this time. A few users experienced sim crashes with the sounds enabled for 2B2-6B6, so I decided to do a bit of research and see if I could track down the problem first. If I can isolate and fix it, we'll do an update at some point with sounds.

7 hours ago, Bill Womack said:

No sounds this time. A few users experienced sim crashes with the sounds enabled for 2B2-6B6, so I decided to do a bit of research and see if I could track down the problem first. If I can isolate and fix it, we'll do an update at some point with sounds.

I appreciate sound files more than most, as it really adds to the immersion.  Hope you can solve the issue.

15 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Ranger Creek Airport, thats one cool airstrip in the middle of nowhere, what character. I hope that will be done at some point. Imagine it with TrueEearth PNW!! :)

I made a similar post years ago and Tim Harris told me the following: “Theres a nice OZx version around if you look for it, its made by a former Orbx developer (John Hockings)”

I found it and had it installed in FSX but since moving to P3D I forgot about it. Maybe it’s been updated. 

On 5/20/2018 at 2:46 PM, Mark Bennett said:

KSPB because that’s where most folks fuel up, it’s cheaper. (Shhh, that’s a secret)

You mean it's not just because it's so fun to say Scappoose over the radio?

On 5/20/2018 at 2:55 PM, Bill Womack said:

Oh, I'd love to do Tillamook at some point. Talk about character! I love that enormous blimp hangar

Nice museum there too, although some of the collection recently went to Madras for the better weather.  Which I can understand because whenever I plan a flight to the coast it's overcast, even when the rest of the PNW is clear, and when it isn't it's because it's really windy.  McMinnville would be another interesting airport with the museum across the street and all the aircraft on display outside, including the 747 on top of the water park.

Archived