Old Father Thames.

VH-KDK

Our Posiedon flight continues across the southern counties of England roughly following the Thames.

1.pl1.jpg

The Cotswold Water Park are old gravel pits which are now used for conservation and recreation.

The Thames can be seen top centre.

2.pl2.jpg

Fairford and Brize Norton Air Bases can be seen on the left with nearby  Swindon.

3.pl3.jpg

Didcot power Station and the railway museum can be seen here.

4.pl4.jpg

Now at High Wycombe. Bomber Commands HQ was based here from 1940-68 as well as the US 8th Air Force during WW2.

5.pl5.jpg

Hemel Hempstead with the M1 to the right.

6.pl6.jpg

At Potters Bar looking back over London.

7.pl7.jpg

After crossing the Greenwich Meridian we are now over EGSX North Weald and Epping.

8.pl8.jpg

The Blackwater Estuary and the town of Maldon which is well known for it's sea salt production.

9.pl9.jpg

A last look at the Thames just above the starboard wingtip.

10.pl10.jpg

Felixstowe container port.

11.pl11.jpg

Orfordness  and Hollesley Bay are our last sight of England as we cross the southern end of the North Sea.

18 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

10.pl10.jpg

Felixstowe container port.

Just have to react when seeing my wonderful Orwell river.....

Harwich is right opposite the container terminal. The southern river is the Stour, but the Northern river is the Orwell.....

Oh boy, I wish to cross the Northsea again and visit it.... Pinn Mill, Woolverstone Marine......

-Fred-

Have you found any submarines over there yet on all your patrolling? I guess you didn't find any in the Thames?

You certainly have the right aircraft to do it. Hard to believe we have had them for nearly 2 years. (or are the crew just sightseeing at our expense :) )

Aussie

Archived