Orsta Norway (ENOV) - XP11

BradB

Great shots John, I am wondering about one thing: in the shots I see on the forum, there seems to be no shadows associated with the chosen airplanes when it is on the ground. Is this your choice or if by definition it is impossible to have shadows on the ground with an aircraft we choose?

3 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Great shots John, I am wondering about one thing: in the shots I see on the forum, there seems to be no shadows associated with the chosen airplanes when it is on the ground. Is this your choice or if by definition it is impossible to have shadows on the ground with an aircraft we choose?

Hey Francois , I see that - No shadow's . Interesting , I don't know the answer ; I am still a XP newbe . :unsure::(

John

57 minutes ago, BradB said:

Hey Francois , I see that - No shadow's . Interesting , I don't know the answer ; I am still a XP newbe . :unsure::(

John

Nonetheless, I would rather choose no shadows for the short time I would be on the ground but the beautiful sunny shots once I'm in flight. I'm in the air much longer than looking at my plane on the ground! :)

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots John. But you may post as many XP11 shots as you like, I will stay focused on my job, my family and my single simulator (set the priorities as you like...)!

I am just trying to keep sharp in my advancing age , someday you will be retired too my friend . I am lucky my wife keeps the "Honey Do List" very short for me . :D;):)

John

These are wonderful images John and good to see ORBX bringing out sceneries for XP, both free and pay ware.:)

Do you know, as an XP11 user, is there much decent freeware planes and sceneries out there?:unsure:

12 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

These are wonderful images John and good to see ORBX bringing out sceneries for XP, both free and pay ware.:)

Do you know, as an XP11 user, is there much decent freeware planes and sceneries out there?:unsure:

Hi Martyn

Yes there is actually. This is one site that I have found that is quite good. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/

Have a look through it -- some of it is quite surprising in terms of the quality. Lots of very gifted folks are contributing....

Cheers

Renault

21 minutes ago, renault said:

Hi Martyn

Have a look through it -- some of it is quite surprising in terms of the quality. Lots of very gifted folks are contributing....

Cheers

Renault

+1 - This is where I got this bird , install was a snap .

John

6 minutes ago, BradB said:

John

You are tough on me with your "install was a snap". Even more so that there is actually a superb MD-11 being developed for X-Plane by the Rotate company...^_^

3 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

You are tough on me with your "install was a snap". Even more so that there is actually a superb MD-11 being developed for X-Plane by the Rotate company...^_^

All I had to do was unzip the file onto the desktop , then drop into the extra aircraft folder in XP directory .

John

1 minute ago, BradB said:

All I had to do was unzip the file onto the desktop , then drop into the extra aircraft folder in XP directory .

John

Your right John -- it is very easy. One little thing that I decided to do that helps me to keep things organized is that I created separate folders that I named "My hangar Aircraft type 1,2 ...etc"  in the aircraft folder. This way I can group what I add separate from all the default aircraft . Makes it easier to keep track of everything...

I may have not done it correctly, but I found that having a subfolder inside of it didn't work:huh: which is why I ended up using separate folders by aircraft type

Cheers

Renault

3 hours ago, renault said:

Hi Martyn

Cheers

Renault

3 hours ago, BradB said:

John

Thanks very much for this info, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:o

I have just had a quick look at the first two GA pages for XP11 freeware, very happy with the array of planes and bowled over by the On Mark Marksman.

So much great stuff there Bristol Britannia, 170, CL215 and an MS.880 which is a surprise omission from FSX and P3D.

Archived