Tour the Land Of The Rising Sun

Jack Sawyer

Japan scenery really improved with Global , can you imagine what either a full fat region or Orbx TrueEarth would do for it . Life is good being a Simmer these days . BTW Jack , please more from the country of the Rising Sun because these shots look fabulous . :):D

Cheers

John

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

Japan scenery really improved with Global , can you imagine what either a full fat region or Orbx TrueEarth would do for it . Life is good being a Simmer these days . BTW Jack , please more from the country of the Rising Sun because these shots look fabulous . :):D

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I agree, it’s going to get better and better.  And this is the first flight of many in Japan.

Still have three flights in the Swiss Alps to post too.

Just now, Dadtom65 said:

Nice looking aircraft Jack and nice shots. With all that’s happening or going to happen I wish I was a few years younger. Boo hoo. Derek.

Me too.  Me darned too!

In the future you won’t be able to discern sim from reality in VR.  Thanks!

Great shots, Jack. Nevertheless I have to say I still miss the "japanese touch" in this Global Scenery - but I am totally convinced Orbx is in a position to change this later or sooner.

Imagine this country with TrueEarth technology...!

8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack.

The flying I have done over Japan has always surprised me how hilly it is in parts.

TTM

Thanks TTM!  I'm going to find out soon as I intend to do quite a few flights here, pretty nice so far.

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots, Jack. Nevertheless I have to say I still miss the "japanese touch" in this Global Scenery - but I am totally convinced Orbx is in a position to change this later or sooner.

Imagine this country with TrueEarth technology...!

Thanks Gerold, it would be nice to have an Orbx OLC and I'm sure we will in time.

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Nice Jack.

I've been there last October and the hills look on par with reality.

Thanks bvd!  Never been there in real life, would love to go.

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, a very fine Cessna tour over Japan. You have definitely shown off some great scenery of Japan :)

Thanks Landon!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Great stuff Jack, I am looking forwards to your tour of Japan.:)

It would be great to have it done as a full region but I don't know what the demand would be like.:unsure:

Roll on OLC Asia.

Thanks Martyn, I agree, eventually we'll see it.

44 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Jack. Japan looks like a great place to fly.

Thanks John, it was a cloudy day and quite nice when I made that flight.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Terrific shots from a place you very seldome see in FS, nice job Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, I look forward to more scenic shots from these beautiful islands.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots indeed. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks again Iain!

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Nice change of scenery Jack! :)

Thanks Paul, it sure is, from endless desert to all these trees, nice!

2 hours ago, Eugene Kremlev said:

Jack, the real flight on Cessna is without GPS, only VFR! Correct!:lol:

Why is that Eugene?  I come from years as a real avionics tech in real life so these new GPS's are fantastic to me.  They would have saved a lot of lives in the past.  

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Why is that Eugene?  I come from years as a real avionics tech in real life so these new GPS's are fantastic to me.  They would have saved a lot of lives in the past.  

Jack, I was talking about the simulator, but not life. :) 

5 minutes ago, Eugene Kremlev said:

Jack, I was talking about the simulator, but not life. :) 

I know Eugene, on planes that can’t be fitted with the 750 I like to navigate VOR to VOR like I did years ago.  I have the entire world in Jeppessen maps so that helps.  But I really do like that GPS unit.

Best regards, Jack

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I know Eugene, on planes that can’t be fitted with the 750 I like to navigate VOR to VOR like I did years ago.  I have the entire world in Jeppessen maps so that helps.  But I really do like that GPS unit.

Best regards, Jack

I also have both the GTN device. But I like the basics navigation. And I have subscribed of Navigraph — I great like! With the GPS it became boring for me :)

Archived