Chasing the Sun

Stillwater

UT live did a great job a Shanghai Pudong, presenting the Scandinavian A340 at exactly the right (real) time.

2018-2-25_12-10UTlive.jpg
2018-2-25_12-11DSC03182.jpg

As there is no decent A340 for p3d yet, we will have to simulate this flight in a 777. A near miss, but a pleasure.

2018-2-25_12-42ZSPD.jpg

Thanks to the cabin crew, I could get a proper documentation of the flight preparations in the Airbus.

2018-2-25_12-43A340preparation.jpg

Waiting for pushback. Some big colleagues heading home (the United 747 probably in the opposite direction than the Lufthansa below)...

2018-2-25_12-48readyforpushback.jpg

... while UT live presents a challenge to me. SK998 is being pushed back simultaneoulsy.

2018-2-25_12-49challengingAI.jpg

Taking off from 35R, SID PIK12D.

2018-2-25_13-4-13-883.jpg
2018-2-25_13-7ZSPD35R.jpg

This SID means a great city tour for all passengers sitting A...

2018-2-25_13-9CBD.jpg

... but you can see the cityscene technology has not yet arrived in Shanghai.
2018-2-25_13-10Huangpu.jpg

Hongqiao airport below...

2018-2-25_13-11ZSSS.jpg
2018-2-25_13-12Honqiao.jpg

And there is one other thing we still have inconsistencies while simming: The dessert is served without discussions in RL.

2018-2-25_14-8afterlunch.jpg

Hours later, after turning from north to west and away from the moon...
2018-2-25_14-53-16-83.jpg
2018-2-25_14-54moon.jpg

... we arrive in Russia, over the Burjatia region.

2018-2-25_14-55BurjatiaRU.jpg

Sibiria...

2018-2-25_15-56Sibiria.jpg

... with frozen lakes and gas fields (you can see the flames), ...

2018-2-25_15-59Sibiriagas.jpg

... though I had set Vector without frozen water, unfortunately.

2018-2-25_16-19SofChanty-Mansijsk.jpg

Over many hours we flew into the sunset, always chasing the sun...
2018-2-25_17-1sunchaser.jpg

... and thanks to the purser, he made this wonderful work with my camera.

2018-2-25_17-8Cockpit.jpg

Here we arrive over Sweden, where OLC shows its advantages.

2018-2-25_18-9Sweden.jpg

The Oresund and Denmark in the distance, the southern tip of Sweden below.
2018-2-25_18-25-46-301.jpg

2018-2-25_18-39-36-391.jpg

On final into the 22L we see Copenhagen to the right...

2018-2-25_18-44Copenhagen.jpg

... and the Oresund bridge to the left.

2018-2-25_18-44Oresund.jpg

All is set for landing...

2018-2-25_18-47stageisset.jpg

... seems to work well.

2018-2-25_18-48EKCH22L.jpg

As does UT live, once again. Thinking back, we can praise what we have with all the ingredients for simming - and what we have lost: The OOMs, I mean.

BTW: Sorry for so many pictures. But they were collected in two 11 hour-flights, so you can say I was already selective...!

2018-2-25_18-55UTlive.jpg

This is a truly special mix of real world and simming shots Gerold...you have outdone yourself with these. Such an array of real interesting captures. I love the real world cockpit shots especially, but they are all great :)

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Bewildering sequence of shots Gerold. Real nice intermingle of real and sim art work!

Thank you Bermuda, hope you don´t get too wild... >:D

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

This is a truly special mix of real world and simming shots Gerold...you have outdone yourself with these. Such an array of real interesting captures. I love the real world cockpit shots especially, but they are all great :)

Thanks for the compliments, Landon. I was really happy the cabin crew was so kind :)!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

A very impressive post Gerold! Excellent narrative and mixture of shots and photos! I do like your 777 :).

Thank you Paul. You know it is always some work to re-fly in the correct perspectives... ;)

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Great post Herr Stillwater , I hope the turn down service was up to your standard's . :):huh:;):D

Cheers

John

Oh yes Mr. BradB, I have photos of the other parts of the menus, too. Plus the inflight drinks... . A really good airline.

2 hours ago, Taph said:

Fine set, where do I place orders for desert :P

They´ll come around to serve you, Taph. But only in RL flights, my sim does not have this wonderful feature -_-.

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of screen shots Gerold and I enjoyed coming along for the ride thanks regards EMM stewart

Thank you for the comment, Mountain Man!

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class set Gerold and it is good to see you are able to get some great photos at Pudong.

A very interesting flight with a nice mix of RL photos from out the window, the refreshments and most surprisingly the cockpit.:)

Thank you Martyn. I could contaminate this forum with photos of airports or out of (dirty) plane windows, but these cockpit shots are rare treasures. I classify airlines into cooperative and non-cooperative, but the voting is not closed yet.

16 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

A wonderful set of screenshots Gerold, accurately arranged and confronted with their real world counterparts. Really beautiful perspectives and ambience. Plus a truly beautiful aircraft. :D

Thanks Lars. Quite some work to arrange it, and you never know how the "real" weather will develop during a sim flight.

15 hours ago, adambar said:

Great post Gerold, I enjoyed them all! :)

Thank you, Adam!

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Some of your finest yet Gerold, as always the mix of real and sim are astonishing.  And I love that snack, gosh you're a fortunate guy!

Thaks, Jack, the cake was lovely and the cheese selection really stylish. Should I post you the starter, the main course, the ice cream, the nuts as well? Or the evening snack? :D

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Martyn. I could contaminate this forum with photos of airports or out of (dirty) plane windows, but these cockpit shots are rare treasures. I classify airlines into cooperative and non-cooperative, but the voting is not closed yet.

Always great to see your RL/FSim posts Gerold and all plane windows are dirty or have those frost spiders! Sadly TG and SQ don't allow photography on take off or landing, indeed soon after pushback with TG photography is banned.:huh:

The good old days of visits to the cockpit are long gone never to return so you were very lucky to get these gems.:)

54 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thaks, Jack, the cake was lovely and the cheese selection really stylish. Should I post you the starter, the main course, the ice cream, the nuts as well? Or the evening snack? :D

All of it Gerold if Orbx don't mind, I'm curious to see hat they serve nowadays.  In my P3D flights all I get is broccoli.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

All of it Gerold if Orbx don't mind, I'm curious to see hat they serve nowadays.  In my P3D flights all I get is broccoli.

You want it, you get a bit of it, Jack. Even though there is not much Orbx scenery in these pictures. FoodFlow is still awaited, but surely on the agenda of our main provider...B)!

PS: The nuts were warm...

DSC03214.jpg
DSC02949.jpg

Food fight......................food fight.

1.ff1.jpg

Animal? Vegetable or Mineral?! The shocking food we get on TG now. The cheese and roll were good but three of the last 4 TG flights the "food" has been dreadful. The last meal on the way home was actually very good but I had changed my menu to vegetarian.

2.ff2.jpg

This is more like it, the food is better on terra firma at Takhli.

3.ff3.jpg

A small restaurant in Tak Fa, absolutely delicious and for me exceptionally cheap.

4.ff4.jpg

Breakfast in Takhli, Moo Bing and Kow neow!

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Now wait just a minute Mr. Sawyer....:angry: You mean to tell me Captain Jack Sawyer, of legendary Sawyer Effect fame, has NOT been eating the 'oh so delicious and varied' dishes of Haggis that he has been forcing down his passengers and friends throats?  What gives? Where is the phone...I'm calling Flight Safety....again!!:angry::D

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Now wait just a minute Mr. Sawyer....:angry: You mean to tell me Captain Jack Sawyer, of legendary Sawyer Effect fame, has NOT been eating the 'oh so delicious and varied' dishes of Haggis that he has been forcing down his passengers and friends throats?  What gives? Where is the phone...I'm calling Flight Safety....again!!:angry::D

:lol:  Landon my friend you have it all wrong!  It's broccoli stuffed haggis!  :wub::P

23 hours ago, Sundancer said:

But why on earth do you need three forks and two knifes for one slice of bread with shrimps.......or were the shrimps still alive :o

Cheers Fred

I knew someone would ask this question...Well, the slice of bread was the starter, there was a bit more to come :P.

22 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Food fight......................food fight.

Breakfast in Takhli, Moo Bing and Kow neow!

Somehow this does not look like an advertisement for Thai Airways Eco. I hope you had enough of the street food before takeoff B)?!

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I knew someone would ask this question...Well, the slice of bread was the starter, there was a bit more to come :P.

Somehow this does not look like an advertisement for Thai Airways Eco. I hope you had enough of the street food before takeoff B)?!

I think the food looks really good, except for the airline food in the cheap tin.

Archived