Long flight in New England

Jack Sawyer

So today I decided to reinstall the PC12 and make a New England flight.

Left Bar Harbor then overflew Boston and landed at Chester.  Then a quick flight to Block Island.  It was terrific.

mNV1ymF.jpg

lixZp3Z.jpg

PFOXInL.jpg

RVtb31H.jpg

Vg0IY3G.jpg

twSolKO.jpg

gaZHsSF.jpg

PAGHD58.jpg

RDAqEsv.jpg

PU3wmTV.jpg

Mhycl9s.jpg

lW43bT8.jpg

G4Z3HOk.jpg

mFZIel0.jpg

aPUwXIU.jpg

uN3kYuT.jpg

iZyMPbs.jpg

KFu5B0n.jpg

Zx1geYx.jpg

PMDLXtT.jpg

hPsEn6F.jpg

mGjDodO.jpg

x33LUj5.jpg

vnJWttR.jpg

vp7RAmf.jpg

UdMO1HA.jpg

rc1v9Yc.jpg

7YUcTdv.jpg

I have to say Chester is one of the most difficult Orbx airports to land at.  It's short and narrow but a great challenge.

hCixHLE.jpg

reSHiMv.jpg

AtEC7os.jpg

Now on to Block Island

ylhTIzR.jpg

uButG6n.jpg

RHbvP64.jpg

jZMVBoj.jpg

zbrNcrd.jpg

20ugTtJ.jpg

7VNckUA.jpg

bG1ao7E.jpg

h3oKyGF.jpg

lApZUbk.jpg

FjoFZPj.jpg

qz6CQsy.jpg

TRvlq2m.jpg

DXsTpMZ.jpg

rpw25sR.jpg

Just now, ScottGridley said:

Awesome shots and a favorite location of mine!  Thanks for the share.

Only thing that would make it better is a FlyTampa KBOS!

Thanks Scott.  I used to have it as I grew up there.  Wish Orbx would do one, I know they'd do it better.

17 minutes ago, BradB said:

Marvelous shots Jack , I bet Boston Approach gave you high marks also . :):D;)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Yep, Boston Approach said I was A-OK as long as I didn't go inverted and I was supposed to look out for traffic but I thought they meant automobile traffic! :P

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

A grand flight Jack, along with some great captures to go with the travel ;)

Thanks Landon!  It was pretty cool, I liked it a lot.

Hi Jack

a great flight with nice destination ..., and you made some really great pictures in this set .... the Jet Blue Airbus came pretty close to you....

the Pilatus is quite fast how long have you been in the air?

Ted... :-)

Hi Jack,

Yeah - some poor ATC guy is going to be sitting down for a little counseling somewhere... Truly beautiful set - where I spend most of my time flying - love New England - also been flying that bird a great deal lately - hope you have Bert's upgrades and now TSS is working on a new HD sound set for it... LOL - I'm sure KBOS will turn out just fine...

Regards,

Scott

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Enjoyed the flight Jack, at least I didn't have to use my bungee cords to keep me secure this time around. :D

Thanks Adam!  I just use industrial strength velcro! :P

9 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

A-one row of shots Jack!

Thank Erik!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand set of shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

I enjoyed coming along with you on your flight Jack! Well done my friend :).

Thanks Paul, most appreciated.

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super set of screen shots Jack i enjoyed coming along for the ride regards stewart

Thanks Stewart glad you enjoyed the trip.

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Super shots Jack :rolleyes:

Thanks Mike!

24 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Yeah - some poor ATC guy is going to be sitting down for a little counseling somewhere... Truly beautiful set - where I spend most of my time flying - love New England - also been flying that bird a great deal lately - hope you have Bert's upgrades and now TSS is working on a new HD sound set for it... LOL - I'm sure KBOS will turn out just fine...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott.  Yeah, he's gonna be asked why he let that jet near me! ^_^  It is a beautiful area, hopefully Orbx will develop more sometime soon.

What Bert upgrade are you talking about?

45 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What Bert upgrade are you talking about?

Hi Jack,

Bert Pieke over on AvSim seriously reworked many of the XML gauges including the auto pilot to behave more realistically - he's up to version 5.7 now (thread in PC12 forum) and it really makes a difference - the AOA gauge is even useful now... Highly recommend it... Just PM Bert on AvSim with your email to get a copy... I've rigged mine with RXP GTN750, RXP GNS530, and the REX Wx Radar as well... I'll be adding the TSS sounds when released... It makes for a very capable all weather aircraft and it's a hoot to fly...

Regards,
Scott

12 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Bert Pieke over on AvSim seriously reworked many of the XML gauges including the auto pilot to behave more realistically - he's up to version 5.7 now (thread in PC12 forum) and it really makes a difference - the AOA gauge is even useful now... Highly recommend it... Just PM Bert on AvSim with your email to get a copy... I've rigged mine with RXP GTN750, RXP GNS530, and the REX Wx Radar as well... I'll be adding the TSS sounds when released... It makes for a very capable all weather aircraft and it's a hoot to fly...

Regards,
Scott

Wow, thanks Scott, never even knew this.

But I use the Flight1 GTN750.

do you have a link to that thread?

35 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, thanks Scott, never even knew this.

But I use the Flight1 GTN750.

do you have a link to that thread?

Hi Jack,

Sure...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523283-pc12-v2-bertautogyro-mods-combined-beta/

Bert's mod is setup for the F1 GTN - I have both - just prefer RXP so I swapped them out...

Regards,
Scott

10 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Sure...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523283-pc12-v2-bertautogyro-mods-combined-beta/

Bert's mod is setup for the F1 GTN - I have both - just prefer RXP so I swapped them out...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott, I read all of those posts and I have to tell you I’m bumfuzzled.  I have no idea what they’re talking about when it comes to XML code, it’s so far over my head they might as well have speaking in ancient Mesopotamian. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Scott, I read all of those posts and I have to tell you I’m bumfuzzled.  I have no idea what they’re talking about when it comes to XML code, it’s so far over my head they might as well have speaking in ancient Mesopotamian. 

Hi Jack,

Don't be intimidated - it's a painless install - really - no XML experience necessary - I believe all it took was dropping Bert's panel.v57 folder into your aircraft directory - then editing your aircraft.cfg changing the "panel=" line to "panel=v57" on the paints you want to try it on... Doesn't affect your default setup - so it's very easy to turn on/off at will... I don't have the file in front of me - but he includes explicit instructions...

Best of luck...

Regards,
Scott

4 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Don't be intimidated - it's a painless install - no XML experience necessary - I believe all it took was dropping Bert's panel.v57 folder into your aircraft directory - then editing your aircraft.cfg changing the "panel=" line to "panel=v57" on the paints you want to try it on... Doesn't affect your default setup - so it's very easy to turn on/off at will... I don't have the file in front of me - but he includes explicit instructions...

Best of luck...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott, did you save the file?  If so can you send it to me?

I save everything on two external HD’s.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Scott, did you save the file?  If so can you send it to me?

I save everything on two external HD’s.

Hi Jack,

I'm traveling - sorry - not with me - I wouldn't want to step on Bert's toes either - since he does so much for the community and just asks for a PM in return... He's fixed countless problems in many of the Alabeo/Carenado birds over the years... He's usually very responsive - send the PM and you should have the files quickly...

Me too - backups are important...

Regards,
Scott 

3 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

I'm traveling - sorry - not with me - I wouldn't want to step on Bert's toes either - since he does so much for the community and just asks for a PM in return... He's fixed countless problems in many of the Alabeo/Carenado birds over the years... He's usually very responsive - send the PM and you should have the files quickly...

Me too - backups are important...

Regards,
Scott 

Ok, thanks Scott I’ll PM him.

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Don't be intimidated - it's a painless install - really - no XML experience necessary - I believe all it took was dropping Bert's panel.v57 folder into your aircraft directory - then editing your aircraft.cfg changing the "panel=" line to "panel=v57" on the paints you want to try it on... Doesn't affect your default setup - so it's very easy to turn on/off at will... I don't have the file in front of me - but he includes explicit instructions...

Best of luck...

Regards,
Scott

He sent it to me Scott, I'll give it a try in a little while.  Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nice documentation, Jack. Of your near miss as well. Seems that your ATC did not know UTLive... :D

Thanks Gerold!  I think ATC was playing games with me, I mean just because I violated every rule in the FAA books doens't mean he shouldn't have gotten out of my way...:D

3 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

My good old friend Jack,these shots are........numerous :D;)

and beautiful!

Scott

Thanks Scott, I blame Orbx, the scenery is just so good. ^_^

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Another wonderful mega set Jack and you were not alone up there.:)

Thanks Martyn, yeah, I'm lad my virtual skies are not empty, I'd feel like the Omega Man.

Archived