YLIL Lilydale, my favourite freebie.

VH-KDK

John was asking about our favourite ORBX freeware airports.

Mine is Lilydale in the Yarra Valley close to Melbourne.

Something about it reminds me of Thailand however.

1.yf1.jpg

A beautiful location for a barbie.

2.yf2.jpg

The Australian Air League's office.

3.yf3.jpg

Plenty of GA on the ground, a beautiful quiet location with Mount Dandenong in the distance.

4.yf4.jpg

A friendly wave from someone at the Yarra Valley Aero Club.

5.yf5.jpg

One of the many aircraft dotted around the airfield.

6.yf6.jpg

7.yf7.jpg

A loverley old Cessna and another plane getting some attention in the hangar.

8.yf8.jpg

A few views from above now.

9.yf9.jpg

I am trying to think what reminds me of Thailand here.

10.yf10.jpg

11.yf11.jpg

Ah yes, that is what it was.

12.yf12.jpg

I had a flight on this very plane in the 90s and what a great plane the DC-10 was to fly on.

13.yf13.jpg

Only 5% fuel and only 2 crew but plenty of room.

14.yf14.jpg

Not bad short field performance but now searching for that KC-135 for a top up!

I hope you enjoyed my tour around my favourite ORBX Freeware airport.

You had me fooled for awhile Martyn with your post , why on earth would you travel to Thailand every year if it looks just like home . Now I get it , a ride in a classic DC-10 would be worth it every year . Thanks for posting up these fabulous shots of you favorite Lilydale . :):)

Cheers

John

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Very nice tour Martyn, and reminds me that I have not been to Lilydale in long time...need to go there ;)

The problem is Landon that there are thousands of places to visit in the ORBX world and not enough hours in the day.:o

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight and narrative Martyn! Some great shots of the detail! I think your DC-10 must have been a first at Lilydale! ;):D.

Thanks Paul. I think you are right as the A330 was in for repair!:lol:

4 hours ago, BradB said:

You had me fooled for awhile Martyn with your post , why on earth would you travel to Thailand every year if it looks just like home . Now I get it , a ride in a classic DC-10 would be worth it every year . Thanks for posting up these fabulous shots of you favorite Lilydale . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, Lilydale is very different from the Thailand I know. I loved the flights I had in the DC-10 and the last one only had about 80 passengers on it, so there was plenty of room. 

That was entirely Thai Airways fault as I told them not to let on that I would be on the plane. Obviously 78 people hadn't heard!:lol:

2 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Really interesting to discover that YLIL is an international airport. Great shots,  #2 with the camper is kind of cool!

Thanks François, well Lilydale has everything, even a Ronnie Mac's.:o

So many great little features in this airport which of course is the norm for ORBX.:)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great set Martyn!  I was loving it and then I saw the DC-10 and loved it even more!  I thought, hey, that's something I would do!

Cheers Jack, your influence is spreading all over the globe.;)

4 hours ago, Sammy H said:

When you said Barbie I was looking for a pretty girl, then I had to realize where we were and what was actually being talked about.  Hahahaha :)

Ooops, lost in translation Sammy. I hope I didn't get your hopes up too much.:o

56 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Extremely nice set of shots along with narration there Martyn!  But you missed the rodeo, I went to one while there back in P3Dv3, just off the end of the runway! (see attached photo) :rolleyes:

Ride em' Cowboy Dude!!

RodeoatYLIL.jpg

Great one Roger.

Tell me has he been thrown off or is he about to freefall on.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I hope you enjoyed my tour around my favourite ORBX Freeware airport.

If anyone asks why grown men are addicted to flight simulation just show them these screenies, especially the last four. The answer is that "everything is possible".

25 minutes ago, hwh86 said:

If anyone asks why grown men are addicted to flight simulation just show them these screenies, especially the last four. The answer is that "everything is possible".

You hit the nail right on the head there, I find it a wonderful form of escapism, some days more than others.;)

Archived