NZWR (Whangarei) Preview Screenshots

Alex has excelled again with NZWR - it's absolutely, jaw-droppingly, *stunning*:

Starting with my favourite shot:

afnxE6VAefQh9JA5a0b915f24b3d.jpg

I3VCi2NIlQjocjn5a0b915ec1e3d.jpg

The airport has masses of detail ...

qdrotspyTYchBW45a0b915f02bcf.jpg

eR4FV5tlSuRye7O5a0b91619eb2b.jpg

... with a few heliports thrown in ...

CgFTwmxlQxw8Uac5a0b9162651d5.jpg

Arrrgh ... can't stop!! Here's a few more ...

ZHxqNGXVUegqb805a0b91607829c.jpg

D5fW6nEV1IKZzOM5a0b916206061.jpg

Believe it or not -- that DC-3 is a static object!
Bia6eda8lDgvwrV5a0b916309dca.jpg

1j24YH1M8miwSa95a0b9163398b9.jpg

If NZMF is the showcase for NZSI, then NZWR has to be the one for NZNI. I could fill a hard-drive with screenshots: this is just a tiny sample - there are *loads* of local POIs and landmarks (I'm sure you'll be seeing them posted soon)! Watch this space!

Adam.

BTW, folks, I can't make any replies in this part of the forum. If you have any questions, one of the devs may respond (I'm only a tester!).

Editing by way of a reply - this is a "catch all" edit to say that I only took the pictures. Apart from the bits nature did, most of what you see is painstakingly hand-crafted by Alex. This isn't false modesty on my part - I could point the "camera" almost anywhere and get a great shot. I suppose I could take a bit of credit for the lighting - but then PTA makes all that relatively easy.

More fun:

fln5Gm4gjqRv09u5a0c42f4d697e.jpg

5f95Dvuqyf1jMkR5a0c42f7ab9c6.jpg

lrNwf7jLw4qCCq85a0c42f8acc9c.jpg

DbInElP3T8td6Nc5a0c42fa017ca.jpg

zHFMDPXzurmBGto5a0d9c411d39d.jpg

0Stg2FMYw15RCl25a0e7be5d07e7.jpg

eWCTMoZXMaSvPfj5a0e7be5d0752.jpg

Technical: All the above shots are from P3Dv4.1 using my PTA preset (26_01). Other than simple cropping, the images are not edited in any way: no sharpening, colour or tone correction.

4 minutes ago, Dog4Zero said:

Jack, they Said it was in beta testing and due out by the holidays. I agree with you and I'm going to add this one to the scenery list also.

Thanks.  Well, for us Yanks, "the holidays" include Thanksgiving, which is 9 days so I was hoping.  :D  No problem, money is waiting...

10 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yep - first one should be framed....

Hope Alex got an all expense paid trip to visit the subject of his artwork...

:P

Regards,

Scott

No unfortunately he didn't Scott. However, if he ever did there is a bed for him at our place where he can watch the aeroplanes come and go. :)

Adam, you do our country proud.  Gosh, you have me wondering whether to move from The Naki and head up there.

Absolutely stunning and truly represents that area.  What you view on there is exact.  Well done Adam.

Jim.

This part of the world is completely unknown to me. You might say "come over to Down Under to fly there....." and maybe you are right!

But you can't do all and you have to make choices, at least that is my opinion.

That's why I fly only in Europe and North America and first want to complete these continents with Orbx regions.

But I have to admit that the pictures from the OP are beautiful and it must be a pleasure to live and fly there !

Regards Fred

On 15/11/2017 at 10:11 PM, Sundancer said:

...are beautiful and it must be a pleasure to live and fly there !

Regards Fred

Oh you are so right Fred. 'We love it here in Whangarei'. :wub:  And Alex and his team have done us proud. 

Wow, fantastic screenies, Adam !! 

On 14.11.2017 at 4:56 PM, Adam Banks said:

BTW, folks, I can't make any replies in this part of the forum. If you have any questions, one of the devs may respond (I'm only a tester!).

I think you misspelled that, Adam Didn't you mean "Teaser" instead of "Tester"? :):)

• 2 months later...
On 17/11/2017 at 12:38 AM, Sundancer said:

The only knowledge I have from NZ is from the LotR trilogy. Wow...what a beautiful scenery.

Was the filmset location at the Northern Island, where you live (yes I looked it up) or at the Southern Island ?

Regards Fred

So sorry it has taken so long to reply Fred. I forgot!

As far as I know, none of the filming for LoR was done this far north. Hobit Town was filmed in Cambridge, south of Hamilton and is still there for tourists to visit. Quite popular I believe. I think most of it was filmed in the South Island.

Quite a bit of the "Mutiny On The Bounty" was filmed off the north heads of Whangarei harbour, because it looks so much like Tahiti.

On 16.11.2017 at 12:38 PM, Sundancer said:

The only knowledge I have from NZ is from the LotR trilogy. Wow...what a beautiful scenery.

Was the filmset location at the Northern Island, where you live (yes I looked it up) or at the Southern Island ?

Regards Fred

On 20.1.2018 at 1:42 AM, tuisong said:

So sorry it has taken so long to reply Fred. I forgot!

As far as I know, none of the filming for LoR was done this far north. Hobit Town was filmed in Cambridge, south of Hamilton and is still there for tourists to visit. Quite popular I believe. I think most of it was filmed in the South Island.

Quite a bit of the "Mutiny On The Bounty" was filmed off the north heads of Whangarei harbour, because it looks so much like Tahiti.

Roger is correct. There are only 2 LOR filming locations on the North Island. Tourism New Zealand has quite a good website about all of the LOR filming sets. Here is the link:

https://www.newzealand.com/my/feature/the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-filming-locations/

Some more locations for the Hobbit Trology

https://www.newzealand.com/ie/feature/the-hobbit-trilogy-filming-locations/

For some strange reasons (Iguess advertising/marketing laws or strategies) the very impressive  Aratiatia Rapids and Huka Huka Falls on the Waikato River near Taupo are not mentioned on these sites, although some Hobbit scenes have been filmed there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huka_Falls

Archived