Rumble in the Jungle

Adam Banks

I've always entered the screen competitions at NZFF (http://nzff.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26925&start=20) - and it's my only option these days, as I can't enter the ORBX one. This month, however, I'm having real difficulty choosing my entry - so wondered if anyone ORBX'ers would care to cast their vote!

Unlike ORBX, the NZFF comps have themes: this month, we have "It's a jungle out there!!!".

01: My initial entry: Blenheim in the mist:

01_blenheim_659_1280.jpg

02: Another "oldie" - the Typhoon over North Island somewhere:

jungle_02_571_1280.jpg

03: The same Typhoon testing the waters at NZMF:

nzmf_typhoon_02_450_1280.jpg

ORBX does jungle so beautifully in NZNI/NZSI. A lot of variety in foliage - and seamlessly placed.

All comments and suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Adam.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Mugel said:

Nice jungle shots! The waterfall is amazing in #3, the scenery looks really good in #2 but #1 is the most natural to me, so I´d go for that one. The myst just really works in that one.

I must admit I like #1 the most (for the same reason), but I think many people might prefer the brighter ones!

That's one vote for each, LOL! Keep 'em coming folks!

Adam.

No 3 for me. I presume that is Orbx NZMF? I will have to go back and visit now because I do not recall my view of that waterfall being as natural as yours. Also I would like to know what water product/settings you have used therein please?

PS: Why can't you enter the Orbx screen contest?

33 minutes ago, Bassman said:

No 3 for me. I presume that is Orbx NZMF? I will have to go back and visit now because I do not recall my view of that waterfall being as natural as yours. Also I would like to know what water product/settings you have used therein please?

PS: Why can't you enter the Orbx screen contest?

Yep - it certainly is ORBX NZMF - about as good as it gets!!! The waterfall should look pretty much the same on all systems, as indeed should the water as it's all photoreal in that area around the airport. Time of day helps a bit, I think. Some of the photoreal around NZMF is staggering - as it is around Manakau Harbour (NZAA/NZNI).

I've been a regular ORBX customer since the first AU releases, but got invited to be a beta tester a short while back. A great opportunity to help out (and pay back some of the pleasure ORBX has given me over the years), but the downside is that no ORBX staff are allowed to enter the comp, which is fair enough, IMHO.

Looks like #3 is romping away with it!

Adam.

Just checked out my install of NZMF and my scenery is same as Adam's screenie so I am happy. Just one query I have for the developers, is it possible at all to get an update where the waterfall actually flows? There is a quite old freeware scenery for Angel Falls, Venezuala where the waterfall flows and some old OZx scenery in the hinterland where clouds of mist occur over waterfalls so the technology is there and is not that new.

Thanks for all the feedback, folks!!! I thought long and hard - and decided I like the Blenheim shots the most, but felt that the first "misty" one may not appeal to everyone (though it's my favourite). So ... I went for a slightly tweaked #4:

jungle_nzmf_03_972a_1280.jpg

Thanks again,

Adam.

Archived