• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/03/2017 at 0:38 PM, HiFlyer said:

By the way, Lionheart is also experimenting with plane import as well. http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/7974-Has-anyone-put-in-a-plane-successfully

6G2XEF.jpg

Yes, Lionheart has been shouting praise for Aerofly FS2 for a while, and he was the driving force behind a dedicated thread at FS Developer (as you know HiFlyer).

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/aerofly-fs-2.149/

I expect we will see most if not all of Lionheart's creations available for Aerofly at some stage.

Cheers,

On 3/17/2017 at 5:34 AM, John Venema said:

Conjecture is well and good, but we will have more Project A screenshots next month.

JV you been very informative when you can on projects still in the works as in the case of P3Dvnext and this project A. With the P3D you gave us info on how the scenery files can be shared via the FTX Central but will need dual files for v3 and the coming one which helped out a lot in planning on future needs and hard drive space/purchases.

It would be very helpful to myself and hopefully others as to what we could expect for Orbx space needed in Aerofly for HHD management both in size and time frame. I know a direct statement would be putting the cart infront of the horse so along those lines any information in that area would be helpful.

I'm keeping a 500gig SSD reserved for AF and plan to really use it to focus on the US Western area where Orbx has many great airport addons and hopefully PilotEdge will also be supporting it in the near future.  SoCal in P3D is a OOM or FPS headache so to be able to foresee the coming KSAN to say KPSP in a non OOM 120fps VR experience would be what I would love to go for with AF and save other areas like the PNW and such for P3D.

Anyway I think you get the gist of what I am asking for hopefully when you are able to post more info on Project A we might be able to get a better idea of what we can expect in space needs for the Orbx folder so we can plan accordingly if able for future growth.

Hi,

as aerofly FS2 user I will be a new customer for OrbX as soon as they publish their goods for aerofly.

Yes, Western US would be great, especially supplements to the existing DLCs, like Washington and Oregon.

And of course LOWI, Innsbruck would be a perfect fit to the existing swiss scenery.

I hope they establish the process for porting the sceneries in the very near future.

Aerofly FS 2 new DLC: UTAH

APRIL 3 - IPACS AEROFLY

Dear Aerofly Users

After a longer break, we have finally published a new DLC. This DLC features the state of Utah with its fantastic region of the Monument Valley. As usual, this DLC features high resolution aerial images for a very detailed scenery. This DLC also offers over new 20 airports, including the Salt Lake City International airport.

Important note: As we have updated many files, this update is a VERY big download, basically updating half of all files in Aerofly FS 2, including existing files of the base package and other DLCs. So beware and be prepared for some longer download times. We apologize for this in advance, but it was a necessary step to simplify the work flow for future updates.

We hope you enjoy this new DLC.

In parallel we are still working on more features and new content, so stay tuned for more updates.

2017-04-03

New DLC featuring the state of Utah

Improved graphics performance and memory usage

Minor bug fixes in the Navigation menu

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Aerofly FS 2 new DLC: UTAH

APRIL 3 - IPACS AEROFLY

Dear Aerofly Users

After a longer break, we have finally published a new DLC. This DLC features the state of Utah with its fantastic region of the Monument Valley. As usual, this DLC features high resolution aerial images for a very detailed scenery. This DLC also offers over new 20 airports, including the Salt Lake City International airport.

Important note: As we have updated many files, this update is a VERY big download, basically updating half of all files in Aerofly FS 2, including existing files of the base package and other DLCs. So beware and be prepared for some longer download times. We apologize for this in advance, but it was a necessary step to simplify the work flow for future updates.

We hope you enjoy this new DLC.

In parallel we are still working on more features and new content, so stay tuned for more updates.

2017-04-03

New DLC featuring the state of Utah

Improved graphics performance and memory usage

Minor bug fixes in the Navigation menu

Nice ... I wondered if UTAH was in the works anywhere ... I hope U13 is there ... 200 meters from my  "rod n gun club" :P 

UTAH DLC very real ... I might need more storage:o

a few from the Monuments

wVXPGMB.jpg

xzVWmcC.jpg

X3tsDK4.jpg

yrPTSb5.jpg

sSB7RkF.jpg

AQCdp8b.jpg

3uUhfzu.jpg

LbCgWej.jpg

zGnTwEs.jpg

Canyonland area

iDs6wHZ.jpg

Anyone know what these are?

6ktSZvD.jpg

Salt Lake area

Np5MT8t.jpg

PF2GJqb.jpg

luFaCcn.jpg

h6AyZsV.jpg

wL13H2E.jpg

QWRc22n.jpg

7oY7SqX.jpg

FZVimp6.jpg

OMXNdfQ.jpg

BPjwU9P.jpg

RRMJQOY.jpg

mZydCX4.jpg

ha1a0Nf.jpg

2EUIPjg.jpg

Wel72hr.jpg

GI6h907.jpg

9YH8Vjz.png

zGIJxES.png

UYs8lKq.jpg

When this SIM gets life traffic weather etc....its going to be very good .. right now its a little like the twilight zone

22 minutes ago, FILOU said:

Thank you for sharing.So flat,so unreal for "me"

And, of course, very blurry at ground level due to the use of PR.

Also, as you can see, Aerofly FS2 has no proper rendering of  water. It is only a static bitmap, just like it was in FS2002.

3 hours ago, lixfeldt said:

UTAH DLC very real ... I might need more storage:o

a few from the Monuments

wVXPGMB.jpg

xzVWmcC.jpg

X3tsDK4.jpg

yrPTSb5.jpg

sSB7RkF.jpg

AQCdp8b.jpg

3uUhfzu.jpg

LbCgWej.jpg

zGnTwEs.jpg

Canyonland area

iDs6wHZ.jpg

Anyone know what these are?

6ktSZvD.jpg

Salt Lake area

Np5MT8t.jpg

PF2GJqb.jpg

luFaCcn.jpg

h6AyZsV.jpg

wL13H2E.jpg

QWRc22n.jpg

7oY7SqX.jpg

FZVimp6.jpg

OMXNdfQ.jpg

BPjwU9P.jpg

RRMJQOY.jpg

mZydCX4.jpg

ha1a0Nf.jpg

2EUIPjg.jpg

Wel72hr.jpg

GI6h907.jpg

9YH8Vjz.png

zGIJxES.png

UYs8lKq.jpg

When this SIM gets life traffic weather etc....its going to be very good .. right now its a little like the twilight zone

OMG!  "I think I just wet my pants...!"

After installation of the Free UTAH scenery some people reported instances of texture corruption. Ipacs has looked at the issue and released the following guidance on the Ipacs website and on Steam.

Re-download of Hi-Res Aerial pack - Continued issues with scenery

The hi-res pack is being uploaded to Steam again in an effort to fix the problems that many of you are seeing. This will incur yet another download on your part, and we apologize for that, but it is necessary. If you are having issues related to scenery misplacement or graphical anomalies, instead of posting in a bunch of different threads independently, please post what you are seeing, where you are seeing it, and WHAT ARE YOUR PC SPECS. Thank you for your help.

The new download will not add to your file space requirements and will only replace existing files.

Please keep your posts productive and in line with the problem itself. 

1 hour ago, NN_Avirex said:

I had to uninstall everything sadly, This was becoming much to big on my SSD for the moment, really ...

I need a 1TB ssd...

Eventually, maybe, if you want the whole world. But a 4GB HD should actually be more than enough for the foreseeable future........

5 hours ago, NN_Avirex said:

I had to uninstall everything sadly, This was becoming much to big on my SSD for the moment, really ...

I need a 1TB ssd...

I didn't quite go that far, but I did have to remove a lot of addons from my FSX installation on the same HDD (I also have P3D on the same HDD).

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Eventually, maybe, if you want the whole world. But a 4GB HD should actually be more than enough for the foreseeable future........

I know what you mean, but I think you meant 4TB ;).

Cheers,

At the moment I have two 500GB SSD, one for the system and other softwares and the other is for P3D, REX, AS and so on, plus my "work in progress" files.

P3D alone weighs  260 GB and needs room for future released addons.

A 4TB SSD is a bit out of reach for the moment :) (1300€ !!), and I'm sure 1TB will do the job.

I agree it is a space hog and I have to consider its future. I am still on the fence with this sim. Yes the performance is great but it is only showing up HiRes photo scenery at present which is good quality but for me slightly lifeless. Mesh detail is superb but I do miss buildings.

I fully understand the wow factor for those of you with VR sets. It must be great, but I, like many others, cannot afford the VR at present.

To be honest I can get HiRes photo scenery in P3D and fly at 40-60 fps with vsync, so the only difference is the fps rate of AF2 without vsync. I won't give up on it but fly it quite rarely and enjoy it when I do.

6 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

I didn't quite go that far, but I did have to remove a lot of addons from my FSX installation on the same HDD (I also have P3D on the same HDD).

I know what you mean, but I think you meant 4TB ;).

Cheers,

Yup, thanks. :)

2 hours ago, NN_Avirex said:

A 4TB SSD is a bit out of reach for the moment

SSD's are nice, but Aerofly loading time is quick enough that the difference between a fast magnetic drive and an SSD are probably very negligible.

And large magnetic drives aren't really expensive at all.

On 17/03/2017 at 9:34 AM, John Venema said:

Conjecture is well and good, but we will have more Project A screenshots next month. We have continued development activity on Project A since February and you will see the fruits of this early R&D soon enough.

However, any major project covering a region sized area is still over a year away due to the radically different approach that is needed and new tools to be learnt and properly internally documented and staff hired to use.

This seems to leave open the option of something less ambitious than a full "region sized area" during 2017. I take heart from that and hope to get more hints to that effect when the teaser preview screenshots come out in the next few weeks.

I dabble with AF FS2 time to time. Really looking forward to when we get at least PilotEdge support as that would at least give some life to the platform.  My favorite location to fly is KSEZ Sedona. Its has a dome sloped runway, no water around so no "painted" water, Upon take off you are already rather high above the valley floor where all the buildings are so the Photo real isnt as bad since there are no 3D building there (same with landing) and the surrounding mesa's do not auto correct on mesh so what you see stays like that for the entire time.

This is one airport that having Orbx bring its version over too with its eye candy detail on the ramp and 3d buildings and vegetation below would be a truly immersive VR flight location. If Orbx plans to bring most of their airports over AF, I would highly recommend this be one of the first to consider for all the reason mentioned above.  

52 minutes ago, Kilstorm said:

Photo real isnt as bad since there are no 3D building there (same with landing) and the surrounding mesa's do not auto correct on mesh so what you see stays like that for the entire time.

Go to the Monument Valley airport in Utah and look around for an easter egg

9 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

I dabble with AF FS2 time to time. Really looking forward to when we get at least PilotEdge support as that would at least give some life to the platform.

Yes I am also looking forward to when we get Pilot Edge support as the overall realism in VR then would be awesome.Do you know if it is on their todo list?

It is on their radar scope. I feel once Orbx starts to show support we should see other addon developers look at it more seriously. Seems Orbx is always leading the industry more often than not in where simming is going.

Small Patch Released (EA4.16)

A small update was released today. This was mainly for the bug fix for Geneva airport crashing, however, there is also one small new feature for those of you who have a GTX 1080 or GTX 1080ti GPU. You will notice in the settings that there is now an "Insane" setting for shadows. This new setting introduced a new level of shadows that will give you solid building shadows and, well, insane shadow mapping everywhere. Please keep in mind that this setting is a GPU memory hog so you will need at least a 1080 (or 8GB card or higher) to fully enjoy this.

On 4/9/2017 at 0:48 PM, HiFlyer said:

SSD's are nice, but Aerofly loading time is quick enough that the difference between a fast magnetic drive and an SSD are probably very negligible.

And large magnetic drives aren't really expensive at all.

Yep, AFS2 works perfectly fine running from an HDD. I moved my installation to a 3 TB, 7200 RPM Seagate drive and there's barely any difference compared to the Samsung 850 Evo.

Apparently the micro stutters are caused by the clouds combined with Vsync. If you turn off Vsync and don't turn up the cloud slider more than about halfway, it runs fine. No Vsync causes it to absolutely hammer the GPU, though. Hope they can fix this to make the sim more playable.

1 hour ago, JimmiG said:

Apparently the micro stutters are caused by the clouds combined with Vsync. If you turn off Vsync and don't turn up the cloud slider more than about halfway, it runs fine. No Vsync causes it to absolutely hammer the GPU, though. Hope they can fix this to make the sim more playable.

Hopefully destined to become non-issue, as they have mentioned on Steam a few times that the clouds right now should be considered as placeholders, slated to be completely reworked, likely as part of a new weather engine.

The new weather engine is definitely needed along with 3rd party aircraft and airports!  I have recently uninstalled due to boredom while flying the default aircraft and using the default airports. 

14 minutes ago, Boss1 said:

The new weather engine is definitely needed along with 3rd party aircraft and airports!  I have recently uninstalled due to boredom while flying the default aircraft and using the default airports. 

That's going to happen, but as said in a previous post, HD space is cheap. Nothing to stop a person from enjoying other things while AF goes through its development, and for myself, I like being part of a completely new journey.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:51 PM, HiFlyer said:

Maybe some of Rob Ainscoughs videos would help. He covered Aerofly in high def very thoroughly. I'm actually slightly startled he hasn't done New York, yet.

Their version of Twenty-nine-palms looks just like the Orbx previews, and had me wondering if they had worked together. Aerofly Airports are very near payware quality.

Stunning scenery. Is that a Aerosoft A320?

Aeroflys new (Latest update) "Insane" shadow mode. This setting is recommended only for cards with 8gb of memory or more, as it's a graphics memory hog. Aerofly will automatically display lower settings on cards with less memory. 

A GTX 1070 will work with this setting, but it's intended for 1080 and above graphics cards.

AEx8KW.png

48Dzof.png

IsA1Js.png

On another forum someone posted: "PC pilot has a advert for orbx Innsbruck  and it  states soon to be available for aerofly2". Interesting...! Would be nice if one of the most detailed Orbx addons would make it as first to AFS2! I am VERY curious to see how this scenery will perform in AFS2!

Hi John

I fly GA all the time, not really interested in heavy jets..

Will Orbx  be working on an Australian Continent release for Aerofly ?

i much prefer to see landmarks of my local area , in which i find P3D lacking at the moment.

Australia the forgotten area :(

I understand the supply and demand for you guys to make money on your work.

Is there any hint of this happening?

LOVE ya work so far , following with anticipation .

Regards

Pete

Archived