openLC EU near LOWI

John Venema

I was doing some test flights near Jarrad's upcoming LOWI Innsbruck and was mesmerised into following some valley, then another, then another. Then the mist came rolling in so I had to take the camera out :)

This is FTX Global + Vector + openLC EU (not Jarrad's scenery) - P3D 3.4.9 is rendering DSR factor 2.0 at 8K sampled to 4K.

2016-11-17_19-0-49-125.jpg

2016-11-17_18-59-37-866.jpg

2016-11-17_18-57-59-974.jpg

2016-11-17_18-56-28-407.jpg

2016-11-17_19-1-57-934.jpg

Great shots, John. And interesting about the DSR - I'd thought it was only a technique to get a sort-of pseudo 4k res on a 1920x1080 screen. I'm running 4k anyway so haven't used it but I'll have to go and have a play now - see if I feel it works for me.

Great shots, I have done a couple of flights with Global, Vector, LC Europe and FS Ultimate over there myself. I drifted even further east into the Carpathians. It's absolutely fantastic. And the best thing is, contrary to some of the payware scenery one can buy for this area, it comes with four, even five seasons !!

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Great shots, John. And interesting about the DSR - I'd thought it was only a technique to get a sort-of pseudo 4k res on a 1920x1080 screen. I'm running 4k anyway so haven't used it but I'll have to go and have a play now - see if I feel it works for me.

If you use a 4K monitor you do not need.Your DSR explanation is exact apart " sort-of pseudo "

The open LC products are the best all on their own merit. They make the experience all the better.

After many NA fights with open LC NA and FTX Global, I'm a believer. Someday soon, I'll start cruising through Europe and the openLC EU.   

8 hours ago, FILOU said:

If you use a 4K monitor you do not need.Your DSR explanation is exact apart " sort-of pseudo "

Not true. I have a 4K monitor but I set P3D's resolution in settings to 7680x4320 (8K) and have DSR set to 2.0 in the nVidia CP. The result is clearer gauges in the VC and less need for higher AA. There is no difference to performance with the GTX1080. The main issue for performance I have found is CPU clock rate and SSD performance. These days the GPU is not working at 100% at all. This is due mainly to old inefficient code in FSX/P3D. 

The GTX1080 can run Battlefied 1 at Ultra settings in 8K at 60FPS, so when P3D is being held back at 40-50FPS by the CPU there is 25-30% performance still left in the graphics card.

Yes you are right in this precise case and i understand but the "Best" news for the monitor (1920x1080) owner is to be near to an 4k monitor quality with Nvidia DSR and it is enough for a perfect result without burning too much money.(That was my approach not well explained)

Difficult to see the difference "DSR factor 2.0 at 8K sampled to 4K." vs 1920x1080 monitor with Nvidia DSR.

I will soon receive my GTX 1080 I hope to be surprised...

Actually the current level of personal computing is something fantastic and inimaginable a decade ago. Still, and logically, we have this bunch of talented developers who know how to make use of this new instrumentation to show off their creations.

Brave new world, Mr. Venema!

Voyager

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Amazing, just amazing.  It'll be bought the day it comes out.  I wonder if the servers will melt down? :huh:

10 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Mind-blowing shots!!!

Looking forward to buying it soon.

Scott

FTX Global + Vector + openLC EU are already for sale, guys... :rolleyes:;) But anyway, I think I will install OpenLC EU sometime soon for when LOWI gets released. Don't need OpenLC for Norway but it will of course make the area around the LOWI scenery look better: almost forgot about that. That's what you get when you mainly fly in regions. ;) 

Archived