IMPORTANT! FORUM DOWN-TIME AND FTX CENTRAL 2

@John Venema

wat i can not understand is,why release a big update like this,without a automate save or way to go back as it was before,and the only guy how can maybee fix this is in holyday,and the most other are to flightsim con ?

not a good timing........but ok,it happen.......

i own the most scenery wat orbx ever has released (i will not know how many tousand`s dollars it is),i miss only a few..........i have a lot wat i only use one time,but i want to support orbx,now i need your support.......

i do not reinstall the sim........central did this,central need to fix it..........i will wait for this,but not for ever and if it work i buy more.........

so thank´s for all the nice time i have in orbxland,and i hope i get this back soon!

cheers

Ralf

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did a search for any files with "migrated" in them in my ORBX/FTX_NZ folder in P3Dv3 and came up with 5 files.

One each for

FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM

FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY

FTX_NZSI_06_CVX

FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM

FTX_NZNI_06_CVX

Do you show the same Jack?

I am adding to Jim's comments above in that my installation has very similar behavior.  In addition, while my FTX says it's version "2.1.5988.3534", it still behaves as before with selectable region's, albeit with no "Apply".  Not sure if that is expected behavior or not, but since the expected behavior has not been clearly defined by Orbx, its a guessing game at this time.

I don't have a problem with Orbx software having a bug, even a big bug like this.  I've worked in Service Delivery shops where we are contently updating our production code.  This is an outcome of SaaS, where everything is code.  But...hat I DO have a problem with is the failure for Orbx to provide a clear status or estimated time to resolve, or a way to back out to prior, etc.

In the end, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of communication.

Braun

Hi all,

Not all folders should receive the .migrated file. The sim\ORBX\Scripts\unified\available-migrations.json file determines which folders should have the .migrated file.

@Braun, do you have the latest Orbx Libraries installed too? The migration requires both FTXCv2.1 and the latest Orbx Libraries. We currently have team members working on a fix, but I don't have a clear estimate on when, unfortunately.

Is there a way to download an older Orbxlibs version for those who have not installed it yet and who want to withhold the migration process?  Installing the newest Orbxlibs initiates the migration process automatically without the user's consent.

22 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

Not all folders should receive the .migrated file. The sim\ORBX\Scripts\unified\available-migrations.json file determines which folders should have the .migrated file.

@Braun, do you have the latest Orbx Libraries installed too? The migration requires both FTXCv2.1 and the latest Orbx Libraries. We currently have team members working on a fix, but I don't have a clear estimate on when, unfortunately.

My FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY folder does not contain a .migrated entry nor does the .json file contain a reference to this folder.  In contrast,

FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY does indeed contain the .migrated entry together with the corresponding reference in the .json file.   Hoping this provides another clue as to why NZNI remains compromised in certain areas (i.e., NZPP surroundings)  despite the mini-fix you issued a few days ago.

56 minutes ago, Braun said:

I am adding to Jim's comments above in that my installation has very similar behavior.  In addition, while my FTX says it's version "2.1.5988.3534", it still behaves as before with selectable region's, albeit with no "Apply".  Not sure if that is expected behavior or not, but since the expected behavior has not been clearly defined by Orbx, its a guessing game at this time.

I don't have a problem with Orbx software having a bug, even a big bug like this.  I've worked in Service Delivery shops where we are contently updating our production code.  This is an outcome of SaaS, where everything is code.  But...hat I DO have a problem with is the failure for Orbx to provide a clear status or estimated time to resolve, or a way to back out to prior, etc.

In the end, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of communication.

Braun

It seems to me if you don't have an "Apply" option, you have the right version.  My FTX version is the same as yours (2.1.5988.3534) and I have no problems (yet) with FTX Central 2.1.

I'm not sure if I have a problem or not. I mean, everything looks fine within the limited areas I've actually flown, but:

I've only run the migration one time, but did note that during that process the installer was encountering several "missing files". It was all happening fairly swiftly, but it was obviously migrating a region at a time, with a brief pause in-between. It seems as though the missing files (in my case) were being encountered in most (if not all) of my installed regions.

One of the devs (it may have been Ben) suggested to one member that "missing files" were to be expected during a second attempt at migration, but it wasn't made clear if this was also normal during a first (and only) attempt? I've not actually downloaded and installed the latest library, assuming FTX Central took care of that, or is my thinking flawed?

Ben I have run the latest libraries.  Also during the FTX server issues. Central offered up "new libs" on multiple occasions, which I dutifully installed thinking a fix was in the works. In he end though, it was the same set, 0528 if I remember.

Braun

The latest FTXCentral does not have an Apply button.  The region tabs on the left are just to help organize what you have so you can easily check airport control panels, user guides, etc without having to scroll through the entire list of installed products.

1 hour ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Ben,

I have all the folders which are in the file "sim\ORBX\Scripts\unified\available-migrations.json" with a file ".migrated" in the folders corresponding in P3D\ORBX except one because it is misspelled in the file .json :

The folder ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX does not have the file ".migrated", because in the file "available-migration.json", it is written "ORBX\\FTX_NA\\FTX_NA_CRM_06CVX", with a "_" between CRM and 06

4 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I just did a search for any files with "migrated" in them in my ORBX/FTX_NZ folder in P3Dv3 and came up with 5 files.

One each for

FTX_NZSI_08_CUSTOM

FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY

FTX_NZSI_06_CVX

FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM

FTX_NZNI_06_CVX

Do you show the same Jack?

Sorry for getting back so late.

Yes to all of the above.

1 hour ago, Handie said:

Hi Ben,

I have all the folders which are in the file "sim\ORBX\Scripts\unified\available-migrations.json" with a file ".migrated" in the folders corresponding in P3D\ORBX except one because it is misspelled in the file .json :

The folder ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM06_CVX does not have the file ".migrated", because in the file "available-migration.json", it is written "ORBX\\FTX_NA\\FTX_NA_CRM_06CVX", with a "_" between CRM and 06

Same her.

3 hours ago, fuzz1 said:

My FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY folder does not contain a .migrated entry nor does the .json file contain a reference to this folder.  In contrast,

FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY does indeed contain the .migrated entry together with the corresponding reference in the .json file.   Hoping this provides another clue as to why NZNI remains compromised in certain areas (i.e., NZPP surroundings)  despite the mini-fix you issued a few days ago.

Ditto.

3 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

It seems to me if you don't have an "Apply" option, you have the right version.  My FTX version is the same as yours (2.1.5988.3534) and I have no problems (yet) with FTX Central 2.1.

FSX = 2.1.5988.3534

P3D 3.2 = 2.1.5988.3534

Both the same.

My migration seemingly went without problem (the file not found messages in the dos window came up quickly - but the migration OK box came up).  You won't find texture or blurry problems everywhere - I found blurries in the central us, texture errors in the sw us, parts of AK and Canada I have flown in have been ok.  Problems appear to be missing textures or slow loads (either textures or autogen) in the regions mentioned above - so far.

Jay

Just a thought, I had a similar looking problem at the payware PAKT after the migration. Seems my Graphics settings in FSX got bumped back to default. My Anisotropic filtering went back to Bilinear and the Anti-aliasing box was un-ticked...needs to be ticked. Re-setting them back fixed it.

jsapair

ANOTHER TEXTURE ISSUE AREA

Please be aware that this area worked perfectly with Global switch on before the unified Migration.

OK here is a link to my issue now with Global Newfoundland or Atlantic Canada.  Please read this short thread to see the texture issue that I have and my comments about UTX and a possible corruption involving those textures?

I also lost many features because this "unified Migration" -thing. Seems like regions works OK but when i fly, for example, in my dear home country Finland i do not see most of Vector and Open Lc Europe influence any moore. I'll wait if this will be fixed. Hope very soon because i'm FANATIC simmer... ;
)

3 minutes ago, Eeros said:

I also lost many features because this "unified Migration" -thing. Seems like regions works OK but when i fly, for example, in my dear home country Finland i do not see most of Vector and Open Lc Europe influence any moore. I'll wait if this will be fixed. Hope very soon because i'm FANATIC simmer... ;
)

Eeros, I am curious, what is it you don't see over Finland?  I did a quick flight last night from EDBH to EKCH, well off the British Isles as a change of pace, but to also see if I had texture issues.  I took screens, mainly for the beautiful scenery and awesome storms, but othersie, all the tiles came in proper.  At least I know on my end, that part of the world looks good.  I have OpenLC EU installed, as well as Norway and of course, Global.  Since Ben's suggestion to use the command line string to reset FTX Central's migration, it did it's thing again and FTXC looks like it should for after-migration functionality.  Norway was installed after all of this, and it too zipped through the migration.

Things like boat docks, and other features on shores. I can't load pictures to this forum but if could it would be much easier to explain. It seems like many places look like regular global base stuff. 

This is not my language, so sorry if it takes little bit time to answer and many words are misspelling.

Well, i'll go boating and then looking Formula 1 from Baku (just from TV), so maybe won't do much flying this weekend :)

But i'll be back...

1 minute ago, Adam_NZ said:

I got bitten by this one today. I tried Ben's migrate re-run to no avail. I have missing/worng tiles in place in NZNI. Here's one at the northenrn tip of the Coromandel Peninsula:

nzni_lclookup_bg_01_1280.jpg

Adam.

Didn't Ben also offer a fix for NZ?  Maybe I missed follow-ups so perhaps you already tried it?

5 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

Didn't Ben also offer a fix for NZ?  Maybe I missed follow-ups so perhaps you already tried it?

Oh - I thought the CMD re-run *was* the fix! LOL! With all the forum ups and downs, I couldn't find the fix anywhere. I'll have a search.

Adam.

5 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

I got bitten by this one today. I tried Ben's migrate re-run to no avail. I have missing/wrong tiles in place in NZNI. Here's one at the northern tip of the Coromandel Peninsula:

nzni_lclookup_bg_01_1280.jpg

Adam.

Shoot, that stinks Adam as you always have the best NZ shots.  I sure do hope they resolve this.

Have you noticed the site has been down all day?  At least for me here in the USA in Atlanta it's been down since 0630 local and now it's just back up at 0950 local EST.  I thought they had the server problem fixed?

Good grief, imagine all the poor souls out there trying to migrate for the first time and the servers are still going up and down like crazy?

Orbx was at the top of their game a month ago, let's hope they can regain that position soon.

2 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

Oh - I thought the CMD re-run *was* the fix! LOL! With all the forum ups and downs, I couldn't find the fix anywhere. I'll have a search.

Adam.

Adam, I have both files one for Australia and one for NZ and all you do is just dump them into the Orbx folder and they merge but they didn't do squateroni for me.

20 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Is there a way to download an older Orbxlibs version for those who have not installed it yet and who want to withhold the migration process?  Installing the newest Orbxlibs initiates the migration process automatically without the user's consent.

I second this request. I am Absolutely  furious  that this was done without  my consent, and with no way to reverse this update. My FSX is now completely  unusable  due to  blurred  corrupt  textures  stuttering  and freezes.

I don't  want a fix. I want to undo what was done to my system,  and revert to Orbx global in the state  that I bought  it in. I have a recent  FSX backup. What files /folders  do I need to delete and  restore? Was my registry  altered? What exactly  was done to my system? 

I would like to reinstall  global 1.40 with the  old libraries  and never update  again. Will this be possible,  or am I facing a complete  reinstall? I view  this as unacceptable  to radically  change  a user's system  without  their consent , without  any means of reversal, any change log, right before  the support  team leaves with prior  engagements.

I'm sure there is a logical reason why ORBX set this up the way it is.  I seriously doubt they would implement such a radical change to the flow of FTX Central and just leave us hanging.  I finally have it working on my system and after a short hop in Germany last night, it looked normal, but I can't say for the other millions of square miles of earth that the scenery tiles are perfect.  

There really should be some sort of reversion or a button to switch back and forth.

Btw, anyone care to explain the two entries in the tools section of FTX Central that controls "Legacy Lights"?  Would this be tied to the new lighting system that is coming down the pipe?

7 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

I'm sure there is a logical reason why ORBX set this up the way it is.  I seriously doubt they would implement such a radical change to the flow of FTX Central and just leave us hanging.  I finally have it working on my system and after a short hop in Germany last night, it looked normal, but I can't say for the other millions of square miles of earth that the scenery tiles are perfect.  

There really should be some sort of reversion or a button to switch back and forth.

Btw, anyone care to explain the two entries in the tools section of FTX Central that controls "Legacy Lights"?  Would this be tied to the new lighting system that is coming down the pipe?

For what it's worth, and I may be wrong but it's just my two cents and no offense I think the snafu was all because of the server migration at the same time as the Central update.

With the server going up and down it could have interrupted the Central update?

I MAY be wrong and if I am I will stand corrected but it's kinda coincidental.

42 minutes ago, dc10boy said:

I second this request. I am Absolutely  furious  that this was done without  my consent,

There was a big button that said "start migration"? You could have closed FTX Central if you did not want to migrate.

The servers being down was definitely a contributor in messing things up, we didn't get much warning for it at all. If we had known about the server downtime, we would have waited until after FlightSimCon.

@jmorvay1971, those light switchers are used for our pre-Global lights, they're only used at some of the older airports.

Sounds logical that it could have had an impact, unfortunate as that could be, the problem does exist and ORBX has the obligation to come up with a correction for those with serious problems caused for what ever reason.  If the updated IC Lookup function were voluntary, different story but FTX Central automated the process.  That, in my opinion puts the ball squarely in the developers court.

2 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

There was a big button that said "start migration"? You could have closed FTX Central if you did not want to migrate.

The servers being down was definitely a contributor in messing things up, we didn't get much warning for it at all. If we had known about the server downtime, we would have waited until after FlightSimCon.

@jmorvay1971, those light switchers are used for our pre-Global lights, they're only used at some of the older airports.

So in terms of older airports, am I to assume that the lighting wasn't being shown correctly because of Global?  I won't make a mountain out of a molehill with this, just figured I would ask if me or someone else had an older airport that had wonky lighting.

7 minutes ago, spud said:

ORBX has the obligation to come up with a correction for those with serious problems caused for what ever reason. 

We are working on a fix :) 

3 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

So in terms of older airports, am I to assume that the lighting wasn't being shown correctly because of Global?  I won't make a mountain out of a molehill with this, just figured I would ask if me or someone else had an older airport that had wonky lighting.

I'm not too familiar with how the lighting works at the older airports, sorry. I'd make a new thread and hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to comment :) 

I didn't see any window that asked me whether I wished to initiate the migration process or not.

All I did was running the installer for the latest Orbxlibs. Upon starting FTXC after that, the migration process started automatically (with all the DOS windows popping up).

Just now, Afterburner said:

I didn't see any window that asked me whether I wished to initiate the migration process or not.

All I did was running the installer for the latest Orbxlibs. Upon starting FTXC after that, the migration process started automatically (with all the DOS windows popping up).

You must have gotten a different version pushed out to you because I distinctly recall seeing a HUGE window pop up about the migration. :) on my rig with that big blue button that Ben spoke about.

I must be in the 1% who don't mind the new migration...I'm just peeved over the ups and downs of the server. :banghead:

Archived