IMPORTANT! FORUM DOWN-TIME AND FTX CENTRAL 2

I did fast test flying again and everything in Global seems to be terrible blurred also. I'm patient and wait. This is first time i wrote about any issues, because in the past i always solved them by reading from other's problems and solutions or solved them by my self.  But: Perkele... ;) 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

You must have gotten a different version pushed out to you because I distinctly recall seeing a HUGE window pop up about the migration. :) on my rig with that big blue button that Ben spoke about.

I must be in the 1% who don't mind the new migration...I'm just peeved over the ups and downs of the server. :banghead:

Ditto.

If you're experiencing issues with blurry scenery, please try the following:

Delete the contents of the following directories (of course, replace "Prepar3D v3" with your applicable simulator):

• %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes
  • %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Let me know if this resolves issues with blurry textures! :) 

1 minute ago, Ben McClintock said:

Delete the contents of the following directories (of course, replace "Prepar3D v3" with your applicable simulator):

You know Ben, those two places are so easily missed when troubleshooting.  That may very well be the cat's behind! :)

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

There was a big button that said "start migration"? You could have closed FTX Central if you did not want to migrate.

This is true as such. However, I recall Ed's statement about loosing support for those not willing to migrate:  

Q. Can I choose not implement this change?

A. It will be a requirement moving forward that these changes are implemented. If you do not wish to move with the times, you can elect to to ignore the FTX Central and Orbxlibs update. We strongly recommend that you update for continued support.

Kind regards, Michael

1 minute ago, pmb said:

This is true as such. However, I recall Ed's statement about loosing support for those not willing to migrate:  

A. It will be a requirement moving forward that these changes are implemented. If you do not wish to move with the times, you can elect to to ignore the FTX Central and Orbxlibs update. We strongly recommend that you update for continued support.

Kind regards, Michael

Still, the choice was still the user's to make.  To imply that the migration was forced on anyone without their consent just isn't the case.

9 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Create the simulator when starting  new folders ?

13 minutes ago, BrettT said:

Do you recommend rerunning the migration routine for the mis-matched LC tiles?

Yes, running the reset_migration command will, in most cases, fix mis-matched LC tiles. If you are using our New Zealand or Australian regions, please also see the hotfixes I posted.

12 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

The primary reason for this is that we'll soon be updating all of our region and airport installers to have the migration pre-applied. Having some of our users migrated and some not would make support difficult for us.

Having the unified lclookup is also a prerequisite for openLC NA. Which is why we wanted to get it released before FlightSimCon to avoid any delays.

It won't be long now until we've resolved all of the issues with the unified lclookup

11 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Yes, running the reset_migration command will, in most cases, fix mis-matched LC tiles. If you are using our New Zealand or Australian regions, please also see the hotfixes I posted.

The primary reason for this is that we'll soon be updating all of our region and airport installers to have the migration pre-applied. Having some of our users migrated and some not would make support difficult for us.

Having the unified lclookup is also a prerequisite for openLC NA. Which is why we wanted to get it released before FlightSimCon to avoid any delays.

It won't be long now until we've resolved all of the issues with the unified lclookup

Hi

My problem is with missing Autogen and I have posted a separate thread as per JV's instructions in the FTX Central v2 Support Forum. Are you any nearer resolving my problem yet.

Kind regards

Ian

4 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Sorry to be so dense on this Ben,

I have asked previously when you posts these, to me, mysterious strings and tell me to delete the contents of the directories.

I have no idea from your:

how to find these directories.  Can we some how type out the directories in total.  I'm not a programmer and the above is straight 'gobdegook' to me.

A search of my C:\ drive for *SceneryIndexes* results in nothing found.

Search for *Shaders* does find Shaders  HLSL folder in FSX with 6 addition folders inside but I seriously doubt that they should all be deleted.

Ben, the big red button was in response  to the updated  libraries. Let me be clear. I BELIEVED  I WAS UPDATING  SCENERY  OBJECT  LIBRARIES.  I had no real expectations FSX was being  irreversibly altered.

That point is moot. My system  no longer  works as it did  before

Now, what was done to my FSX installation? Was my regusty altered?.

Above all, what do I need to do to get back to where I was  2 days ago? I have a complete recent FSX backup. What files  and directories  to I need to delete and restore to allow me to  reinstall ORBX global 1.4  and not update or migrate LC lookup? I use UTX for my land class. ORBX GLOBAL is a texture upgrade for me.

1 minute ago, spud said:

Sorry to be so dense on this Ben,

I have asked previously when you posts these, to me, mysterious strings and tell me to delete the contents of the directories.

I have no idea from your:

how to find these directories.  Can we some how type out the directories in total.  I'm not a programmer and the above is straight 'gobdegook' to me.

A search of my C:\ drive for *SceneryIndexes* results in nothing found.

Search for *Shaders* does find Shaders  HLSL folder in FSX with 6 addition folders inside but I seriously doubt that they should all be deleted.

If your directory path to P3Dv3 is the same as what Ben showed, highlight the directory path string he posted and paste it into the address bar of file explorer in Windows, hit enter and then it should take you to the directories you need to clean out.  Don't delete the directory, just the contents.

9 minutes ago, jmorvay1971 said:

If your directory path to P3Dv3 is the same as what Ben showed, highlight the directory path string he posted and paste it into the address bar of file explorer in Windows, hit enter and then it should take you to the directories you need to clean out.  Don't delete the directory, just the contents.

Sorry but your response is just as esoteric as Ben's data.

I do not use P3D but was trying to determine the FSX folders pointed too by Ben's post.  Not being any type of programmer I have not problem with typing out the entire path to a location.  In fact as you can determine from my confusion that's exactly what I need.

(C:\FSX\ORBX\Scenery etc., etc., etc.

Per jmorvay's post I copied the first string (%programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes) into the address bar of FireFox browser and it came up with a google search page??????

1 minute ago, spud said:

Sorry but your response is just as esoteric as Ben's data.

I do not use P3D but was trying to determine the FSX folders pointed too by Ben's post.  Not being any type of programmer I have not problem with typing out the entire path to a location.  In fact as you can determine from my confusion that's exactly what I need.

(C:\FSX\ORBX\Scenery etc., etc., etc.

Then replace the lockheed Martin to FSX or whatever you named the main directory of your sim

17 minutes ago, dc10boy said:

Ben, the big red button was in response  to the updated  libraries. Let me be clear. I BELIEVED  I WAS UPDATING  SCENERY  OBJECT  LIBRARIES.  I had no real expectations FSX was being  irreversibly altered.

That point is moot. My system  no longer  works as it did  before

Now, what was done to my FSX installation? Was my regusty altered?.

Above all, what do I need to do to get back to where I was  2 days ago? I have a complete recent FSX backup. What files  and directories  to I need to delete and restore to allow me to  reinstall ORBX global 1.4  and not update or migrate LC lookup? I use UTX for my land class. ORBX GLOBAL is a texture upgrade for me.

Hi dc10boy,

The Orbx Libraries installer itself does not apply the unified lclookup. You can have the latest libraries installed and it will not change anything. For the libraries to be updated, you need all of the following:

• FTX Central v2.1
  • The latest Orbx Libraries
  • Click the start migration button inside FTXC

@spud, for FSX, you will find it in the following locations:

• C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
  • C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

45 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Will this resolve the "melting granite" morphing textures I see as I fly?

3 minutes ago, ralfy124 said:

Assuming you have a rather standard installation, spud, look here:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

C:\Users\Flusi\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

@spud, for FSX, you will find it in the following locations:

• C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
  • C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

Ralfy, Ben,

thanks you for the info.  Now if I can remember why  and what I was going to do to those folders I might just fix NZNI.

3 minutes ago, ralfy124 said:

Just now, JS07 said:

Thanks Ben,

Do you recommend rerunning the migration routine for the mis-matched LC tiles?

Regards,

Brett

How does one re-run the migration routine?

Open a command prompt in windows and paste this in:

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3

run it.

3 minutes ago, jlindblo said:

I think management needs to better explain themselves.

As it is now, this switch is not going to happen on my watch .... I don't need the aggravation. 

Then you most likely won't be able to install the upcoming OpenLC NA USA/Mexico nor anything else coming out in the future.  It's your choice, stay back or go forward.

OK I'm back in the UK now and frankly, quite appalled at some of the posts and general behaviour of our most senior regular members (who should know better) and some new forum members who have created accounts here to inflame the situation.

First things first. If you read my opening post in this topic it explains the situation forced upon us very well. I'm not sure just how many people have actually read the opening post fully and assumed we would resolve it as soon as possible when the team are back on deck 100%

1. We released the FTX Central version 2.1 following months of testing. We believed it to be rock solid, and we actually spent a lot of extra time on testing across many configurations. We have a track record of delaying products which we feel are not ready for release. In this instance we went with our convictions and felt it was good to go.

2. About the same time as the release, a third party server hosting company decided to do a vast migration process which affect hundreds of their customers including Orbx, FSS and more. They did this with almost no notice and by that time the Orbx management team was en-route to FSC2016 in Connecticut

3. Since that time we have worked in very trying circumstances to attempt to stabilize the server/forum situation and also to debug some weird lclookup errors which are affecting a minority of customers. Yes, we stress a *minority* of customers but unfortunately this minority have taken it upon themselves to behave in quite a hostile manner and begin to claim we are deliberately breaking their FS installations. This of course is complete nonsense and whatever issues being experienced (weird textures, blurries etc) are not deal-breaker problems and it has not 'broken your sim' - it is more likely an out-of-sync series of files in the unified lclookup system.

4. Ben has been trying his best to assist customers with tips and techniques as he continues to debug those issues in difficult circumstances without access to his source code and normal development environment. I know this because he spent a lot of time in his hotel room working while we were enjoying the NYC sunshine this past week. Please allow him to continue to devote more time during his vacation to further debugging and I am sure that everything will be fixed and debugged when he is back in his normal dev environment.

Meantime, all this fist thumping, flag waving, yelling, threats, chest beating, boycotting and whatever ridiculous over-reactions we've witnessed will be moderated off the forums and promptly removed and contained for what it is - a small number of very impatient and overly vocal people who need to allow us to address each of their issues in the normal manner as has been stated repeatedly - via individual support posts that will be read, will be responded to and will lead to resolutions, as long as you all don't burst major arteries in the interim.

Whether you like the unified lclookup direction we've taken or not, you don't have a choice in the matter. It's the way our architecture is moving and you can't roll back or avoid migrating because you'll be in unsupported territory. You don't own your Orbx software, only a license to use it and we reserve the right to change our architecture as we see fit so we can grow as a company to achieve even better products into the future.

We do find it ironic that for years and years our customers have been asking us to get rid of the "annoying region switching" and when we finally spend the years of R&D and development in doing this, firstly via hybrid mode and now via a completely invisible unified architecture, we get a negative backlash about wanting to revert back to the old system.

Let me finish by saying that Orbx has a decade-long track record of outstanding high quality products and we have always stood by our customers whether it is because of third party servers, our bugs, or ports to new emerging platforms. That is not about to change and surely you should all know by now that we're not going to just let this situation remain unresolved and pretend it will go away. That's not what we do.

I do thank those of you who have logged support posts, provided debug information, screenshots and followed Ben's tips over the past week, and done so in a calm and respectful manner. For the others in hysterics, we're just going to moderate the cries of 'foul!' until you simmer down and work with us collectively to the inevitable fixes.

Thanks.

Archived