ESSA Stockholm Arlanda - My final shots

1 hour ago, Martin_Starski said:

Hours or days? B)

First shot with SAS - awesome!

hehe, not gonna make any promises. it's not hours at least.

31 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Marcus, I've decided this is my next purchase. Awesome work.

Thank you so much! It really matters a lot hearing that. 

9 minutes ago, Simu67 said:

Hi Marcus,

Nice shots, in my next purchase too.

Cheers

PS : How do you get these DHL planes in p3D V3.1 ?

To answer the DHL, they are statics. If you wonder if the can be flown, nope, sorry, and nor are they AI so they will just stand there. They are optional & can be turned off and on in FTX Central.

44 minutes ago, bnepethomas said:

Very nice job on this Marcus, you've really captured the feel of the winter in those shots.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks! Great to hear. As a swede, the winter has had a huge impact on me and I'm glad the feel has been captured. 

2 hours ago, Martin_Starski said:

Hours or days? B)

First shot with SAS - awesome!

We'll need to wait until Iain post his final shots before we can go down to hours I think :P

Stunning job Marcus, I know where parts of my next pay check will be spent!

Although I think you might need to take a second look at the livery for the static NextJet plane... the registration looks mirrored to me!

Thanks everyone for your lovely support! Makes me feel so grateful.

4 minutes ago, yakyak said:

Can you I tell me if it will require any additional scenery packs to work or is it a standalone product. Thanks in advance.

Nick

You need FTX Global Base Pack for the airport to be what we intended, we highly recommend FTX Vector as well.

Seeing your product list you seem to have an impressive amount of the Australian sceneries, happy to hear that you are interested in this airport even though it's up in the cold northern parts of the world :)

Finally! A new ESSA! I just hope it won't melt my PC, like some other larger FTX airports. I really hope we will see more quality Swedish and/-or Finnish airports from now on. Norway and Denmark are totally spoiled by quality releases these days, I mean, there's like 1 new Norwegian airport release per month almost but Sweden and Finland have been totally neglected for a few years now. You can start by doing my home airport, EFVA Vaasa(Vasa), lol! I can dream can't I?! Good work!

H. Andreas

Thanks for the support everyone!

To those asking about performance, I've added lot of options in the Config Tool to make it work on as many computers as possible. I consider the scenery to quite good performance wise actually but we've added some features to help out for those with slower computers.

The low-res versions change a lot textures to 1024x1024 instead of the 2048x2048 used throughout the scenery.

controlpanelessa-1.thumb.jpg.5a4a750241f

Hi there! I am really interested in this airport, but I do not own FTX Global yet... Is it totally unusable without FTX Global? And what about the jetways. Do they actually move? Which technique is used for that? Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Hi there! I am really interested in this airport, but I do not own FTX Global yet... Is it totally unusable without FTX Global? And what about the jetways. Do they actually move? Which technique is used for that? Many thanks!

Hey Erik!

Without FTX Global the airport will not correctly blend with the surroundings and you may not have any autogen around the airport.

The jetways are static.

Cheers,

Marcus

Bruce, the Aerosoft forum has a multi-page thread on the present state of SODE. While I do understand perhaps 10 % of it, I get the rough idea it's a huge mess at present. Will certainly/hopefully be cleaned up one day, but will need some time.

Btw, if ORBX is developing a new tech for moving jetways that might mean we might see more aiports requiring it, perhaps :).

Kind regards, Michael

On 30.01.2016 at 9:43 AM, Marcus Nyberg SE said:

Thanks for the support everyone!

To those asking about performance, I've added lot of options in the Config Tool to make it work on as many computers as possible. I consider the scenery to quite good performance wise actually but we've added some features to help out for those with slower computers.

The low-res versions change a lot textures to 1024x1024 instead of the 2048x2048 used throughout the scenery.

It's very nice to hear that config tool will allow us to optimize the scenery at our discretion.

In case of config tool, there caught my attention two options related to FTX Norway. What is the difference and the potential benefit of these options?

In order to choose such option, is it also necessary that FTX Norway is active in FTX central or it only has to be installed but the Norway region may not be activated. The word "installed" seems to be very clearly-said, but I'd like to be sure ;)

And my last suggestion, which probably comes "very very quickly in time"... :rolleyes: Is it any chance that in the future you will create the option to have the approach lights activated all the time? It seems to not be very troublesome, but such option is very helpful, especially during a day in the foggy conditions, where the automatic "light up" option may not function as it should (according to my experience). In case of some sceneries such solution / option is implemented and in my opinion is very useful and desirable.

BTW: Throughout my whole life I have not been in Flightsimstore as often as in the past days! :lol:

Archived