ESSA Stockholm Arlanda - My final shots

Hey Marcin!

It was probably a bit to quick of me to upload that Config Tool-screenshot. In the beta tests we didn't see nearly any performance increase or better VAS-load when using low-res textures for lots of buildings and ground. So to avoid confusion that feature will not be in the release we believe.

However, by deactivating grass and the other things in the tool, lot's of performance can be gained. I leave it for the community to have a final opinion about the performance but I think we've done a rendition that will work for most users at least.

The FTX Norway question is that if you have FTX Norway enabled the seasons will shift at different months then default. That affects Stockholm as well so if you have FTX Norway and it's active then you'll need to just adjust those settings in the Config Tool of Arlanda to get it to shift to winter at the same time as the surroundings for example. Don't think it is needed if the region is not active or in that "blend region and ftx global" mode. So it's the same texture sets for both versions, it's just a matter of switching seasons at the correct moment.

Regarding lights, we hope that we can sometime make that happen automatically. Until then, your suggestion might be a good idea. I will look in to that, in either way it will in that case be in an update. 

Very glad to hear you are looking forward to it as much as we are :D

Archived