FTX Northern California in final Beta [21 images]

Hi all,

at long last NCA is about to enter its final round of Beta testing! It's been a massive effort by our team of ten developers though most of the delay stemmed from the the unexpected opportunity to add much more custom content, particularly landclass and autogen textures. Anyway, expect the usual "blast" of preview screenshots during the next few weeks while our Beta team takes NCA through its paces and we work on the final bits and pieces.

aZX60.jpg

Ag0sJ.jpg

O3HmR.jpg

zDSgG.jpg

FcuGl.jpg

DUk4R.jpg

DOPag.jpg

kiBrw.jpg

9TgeL.jpg

dzoxc.jpg

WELaN.jpg

qch1g.jpg

0EaNS.jpg

7AaWf.jpg

u8HK.jpg

2gSOn.jpg

5w2J.jpg

6nAXf.jpg

cU0ke.jpg

iJXE0.jpg

raCBP.jpg

Also, if you haven't seen Alex's earlier screenshots of some of his photoreal areas within NCA have a look here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64720-will-global-make-full-fat-regions-obsolete/?p=591437

Cheers, Holger

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks amazing guys!  NCA is my home area so I'm really looking forward to this.  Hoping performance is more towards the Australia end of things than the PNW one though :)  I'm sure KSFO area will be rough but I don't hardly ever fly there.  Can't wait to see more :)

Looks amazing guys! NCA is my home area so I'm really looking forward to this. Hoping performance is more towards the Australia end of things than the PNW one though :) I'm sure KSFO area will be rough but I don't hardly ever fly there. Can't wait to see more :)

Due to the new lighting system in use, the KSFO area performs better than any other FTX city area to date (I get a solid 30FPS, no different from rural areas :))

Have been anxiously awaiting the first signs that this was close.  Great images - couldn't help but smile when I saw what had been done with Yosemite Valley.  Nice.  Very nice.

Looking forward to some NoCal explorations!

Scott

Lived in Oroville for 9 yrs and have to say it looks like you've done a great job! The brown colors of the hills look just right as do the shots in the delta region. Can't wait to see more and would like to put in an early request for shots from the Oroville/Chico area when the testers have time.

Hi oldpropfan,

I consider Oroville my "home town".  Take a look for the "O" on the side of Table Mountain, I remember painting that "O" as part of the Block O initiation.  Unfortunately it looks like the Chico kids came over and messed up the white, not as clean as I'd hoped.

Cheers, Neil (OUHS graduate)

There are still some of us around who remember Flight Unlimited II, and the sound of Mooney Bravo's calling out over the radio as they flew in and out of places like Rio Vista, University, Petaluma, Hayward, Sonoma Skypark, and of course Half Moon Bay. Take a bow, fellas; this is going to be one of your top-sellers...

Archived